Help figuring out an unlocker.

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Help figuring out an unlocker.

Post by TimFun13 »

So I'm trying to make a weapon unlocker for Far Cry 3. I started with going into the store and scrolling over different weapons and looking for changed value and ended up finding an address that points to the selected item in the list. With the structure spider I found the name of the item in the structure, an "is owned" flag, and a "was viewed/is new" flag. But I can't seem to find any "is locked/is unlocked" flag.

So I looked at different functions that accessed the addresses of the items, and found one that accesses all items when first entering the store menu (this even seems to access an address that I think is the UPlay gun I haven't unlocked in any of my saves). Then used break and trace on a locked weapon and an unlocked one that are in the same sublist to find any differences, and found some conditional jumps that if changed I could get locked items to show up in the lists (they normally don't even show). But they then showed a locked symbol and couldn't be equipped.

At this point I'm just looking for any advise on how to create an unlocker, I've never actually made one myself and would really like to figure this out.

TheByteSize
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Help figuring out an unlocker.

Post by TheByteSize »

How about you trace on what write that lock symbol? There must be a function somewhere that determine whether to display that lock or not.
There also possibility that game use two different objects for one parent item. Like instead of having a Lock property on an AK47, the game will have Locked AK47 and Unlocked AK47 separately.