How to hack Spinning Wheel minigames

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
The Mogician
Table Makers
Table Makers

How to hack Spinning Wheel minigames

Post by The Mogician »

In some games, you get spinning wheels/one arm bandit games where you get prizes if you roll a certain set of signs. In Borderlands, I recall one of the scripts allows you to "set" the results of each roll. I am just wondering how should I approach minigames like these with Cheat Engine.

GreenHouse
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: How to hack Spinning Wheel minigames

Post by GreenHouse »

The Mogician wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:23 pm
In some games, you get spinning wheels/one arm bandit games where you get prizes if you roll a certain set of signs. In Borderlands, I recall one of the scripts allows you to "set" the results of each roll. I am just wondering how should I approach minigames like these with Cheat Engine.
I can think of a couple of things. If what you get is pre-selected, each slot will have its own number, like 1 to 20, if you get the first slot, search for 1, if you get the slot 14, search 14. Something else I can think of is, that if what spins is an arrow, maybe the position is decided in terms of rotation, like a value between 0 and 360. Look where it ends up and search a number around that area.
The slot machine would be the same as the first one I said. Do changed/unchanged value and on the first scan too, of any of the three slots. And with some luck, maybe that's dealt with just 1 address and not a new one for each use of the machine.