Zombie Frontier Help Needed for Bluestacks & Game Guardian

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Post Reply
pferreira
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 7:57 pm
Reputation: 8

Zombie Frontier Help Needed for Bluestacks & Game Guardian

Post by pferreira »

I'm playing Zombie Frontier through Bluestacks and am trying to use Game Guardian to change the money value. I can easily locate the money value but when I try to make changes, add to the value or save the value whenever I buy something the game crashes. I definitely have the correct value as there's only one available and I just want to get through the game as quick as possible. Here's the game entry on Playstore:

[Link]

What step or process am I missing? Bear in mind I'm not an expert at hacking in general.

User avatar
Rhark
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:27 am
Reputation: 605

Re: Zombie Frontier Help Needed for Bluestacks & Game Guardian

Post by Rhark »

You say "I definitely have the correct value as there's only one available" but just because there is only 1 value doesn't indicate it is the real value and could very much be the display value. If there is only 1 value then more than likely what you are looking for isn't the exact value and could in fact be encrypted/obscured.

Typically, mobile games are not as easy to hack as PC games are. I do not have experience with Game Guardian but I am aware it is somewhat similar to CE. I would try (if this is an option) to search for unknown & unchanged/changed values instead of exact values.

pferreira
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 7:57 pm
Reputation: 8

Re: Zombie Frontier Help Needed for Bluestacks & Game Guardian

Post by pferreira »

Rhark wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:16 pm
Typically, mobile games are not as easy to hack as PC games are. I do not have experience with Game Guardian but I am aware it is somewhat similar to CE. I would try (if this is an option) to search for unknown & unchanged/changed values instead of exact values.
Damn I think you're absolutely correct about there being a hidden value but I have no idea how to find it with Game Guardian. CE is the first thing I tried to use Bluestacks but it didn't even bring up a display value. I wish I knew how to find unknown and changed values in Game Guardian, it had so many confusing options.

User avatar
TheyCallMeTim13
Administration
Administration
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 985

Re: Zombie Frontier Help Needed for Bluestacks & Game Guardian

Post by TheyCallMeTim13 »

pferreira wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:04 pm
...
You might have better luck if you find a forum for Game Guardian, it's just that you'll likely find very limited knowledge for Game Guardian here. And you might be better off starting with an easier game to use CE on then work your way up to emulators/ VMs like bluestacks.

pferreira
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 7:57 pm
Reputation: 8

Re: Zombie Frontier Help Needed for Bluestacks & Game Guardian

Post by pferreira »

TheyCallMeTim13 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:04 pm
You might have better luck if you find a forum for Game Guardian, it's just that you'll likely find very limited knowledge for Game Guardian here. And you might be better off starting with an easier game to use CE on then work your way up to emulators/ VMs like bluestacks.
I'll try and make a request here because you never know but yeah I'll definitely request over on at Game Guardian. Since my last post I've tried comparing values and differences, going at it at different ways but still no better off. All I can find is the same eight lines, three of which are just the display values.

Here's a question you people might be able to answer: when hacking using CE or Game Guardian how is it possible to tell what games have encrypted values whereby you can only change the display value and those that can have money or live values changed? I thought it was just limited to freenium games but I have managed to change a money value on one by going by the display value so was just wondering how is it possible to tell.

User avatar
TheyCallMeTim13
Administration
Administration
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 985

Re: Zombie Frontier Help Needed for Bluestacks & Game Guardian

Post by TheyCallMeTim13 »

pferreira wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:28 pm
...
I'll try and make a request here because you never know but yeah I'll definitely request over on at Game Guardian. Since my last post I've tried comparing values and differences, going at it at different ways but still no better off. All I can find is the same eight lines, three of which are just the display values.

Here's a question you people might be able to answer: when hacking using CE or Game Guardian how is it possible to tell what games have encrypted values whereby you can only change the display value and those that can have money or live values changed? I thought it was just limited to freenium games but I have managed to change a money value on one by going by the display value so was just wondering how is it possible to tell.
You just have to reverse engineer the game's code to determine how the display value is set, and find that it's set by an "encrypted" value. Or find a value using unknown initial value and changed/unchanged and freezing the found value freezes the display value, then make a logical assumption that it's "encrypted".

But know that it could be a simple as, you are using the wrong value type. Might be 2 bytes and searching for 4 bytes won't always work depending on if there is an another value in the next 2 bytes.

Or could just be a stored value plus one to calculate the display value type of thing, or stored value divided by two is the display value, or some XOR operation with the value. And these all can be considered as a basic "encryption" (this is why I keep using the quotation marks, because most people don't think of pre-computer encryptions when they see/hear the word encryption). Just depends on how the game was coded.

pferreira
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 7:57 pm
Reputation: 8

Re: Zombie Frontier Help Needed for Bluestacks & Game Guardian

Post by pferreira »

TheyCallMeTim13 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:45 pm
You just have to reverse engineer the game's code to determine how the display value is set, and find that it's set by an "encrypted" value. Or find a value using unknown initial value and changed/unchanged and freezing the found value freezes the display value, then make a logical assumption that it's "encrypted".

But know that it could be a simple as, you are using the wrong value type. Might be 2 bytes and searching for 4 bytes won't always work depending on if there is an another value in the next 2 bytes.

Or could just be a stored value plus one to calculate the display value type of thing, or stored value divided by two is the display value, or some XOR operation with the value. And these all can be considered as a basic "encryption" (this is why I keep using the quotation marks, because most people don't think of pre-computer encryptions when they see/hear the word encryption). Just depends on how the game was coded.
That all makes perfect sense...I lost you at reverse engineer the game's code. :cry:

EDIT: Okay everything is fine now. Someone over at Game Guardian uploaded a video tutorial on how to hack the game successfully. Now I can enjoy the game fully. :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users