Finding any other way to split the player from the AI in RTS Games

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
ChineseLizzard666
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Finding any other way to split the player from the AI in RTS Games

Post by ChineseLizzard666 »

Hi all

Recently I have been trying to make and infinite health cheat for Command and Conquer Red Alert Remastered just for skirmishes and stuff like that.

First off, yes I know the game has a main process that launches the sub process clientg.exe which then launches InstanceServerG.exe which I know is the one I need to attach to. I have made other cheats for the game, infinite money, power etc which I have managed to make player only

I have tried the normal way of going about this, Get the health of a unit, find the function that writes to your health and then from that get the health of another friendly unit and two AI units then put it into dissect structure. Well in this game every value I have found at any offset connected to my units base address changes. I have used this way, I have used the commonalities tool, I have tried seeing what accesses one of my units base addresses (In this game each and every unit has its own base address - so unlike FPS games I can't just find a function that reads my base address and store it as a compare)

Other things I have tried include looking at what accesses my base address I found one function which works apart from new units created by the AI also gain for the cheat and become invincible.

I have also tried comparing values stored in registers and comparing values stored on the stack to no avail

I saw Sunbeam found a flag for if the player is a human, I wish I knew how he found this.

I followed Geri's old tutorial for Armies of Exigo and made a infinite health cheat for my whole army for that game. managed to find the game on an abandonware site.

I have looked around the forum here and throughout google, maybe there is a newer tutorial out there for RTS games and finding infinite health in them though I haven't been able to find any.

If anyone has an idea of where I can even start or what im doing wrong or if anyone knows of a tutorial please let me know.

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Finding any other way to split the player from the AI in RTS Games

Post by Eric »

Try the commonality scanner

enter the base addresses of all enemy and all yours and let it scan

then check the results for things you can use

you can also start the scanner from the "find out what addresses this code accesses"
use it on the code that accesses health

then rightclick your units and mark as group 1, rightclick the enemy units and mark as group 2, and then scan for commonalities using that