Help with "Lua Formula" scan

Want Cheat Engine to do something specific and no idea how to do that, ask here. (From simple scripts to full trainers and extensions)
altare
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Help with "Lua Formula" scan

Post by altare »

Hi all,
I have a scan requirement in which correct values are always in pairs, in which the second value is at an offset address of +30hex in respect to the first value found.
I'd like to use a "Lua Formula" for this, which should be quite simple, as in:
1- scan for value
2- check for value at address +30hex
3- if value at base address +30hex is equal and corresponds to search value, return result, otherwise skip

So I kindly ask:
1- is it possible to achieve this with a "Lua Formula" scan?
2- is it possible to create a lua script for the relevant function, and put it in the autorun folder?

Thanks in advance

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Help with "Lua Formula" scan

Post by Paul44 »

^ i'm sure this is possible but:
a. you should make things more clear by posting some images/andwhatnot. atm i have no idea what you mean with 'scan'... as this will be the "approach" on how to get to your 'address_base' in the 1st place?
b. there are plenty of tables out (t)here that use lua, in particular to aob-memscan/andwhatnot. also: do not forget the folks over @CEF (= CE Forum)...

panraven
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Help with "Lua Formula" scan

Post by panraven »

Not need 'Lua'.
I guess it can be use 'Grouped' scan.
For 'Grouped', CE search memory for multiple fixed size values within a specific range.
eg. for your case, you want to search value1 (assume 4 bytes value), then after +30 offset, another values2; the search should be like this,
4:value1 w:44 4:value2
Where [4:] means 4 bytes integer type, [w:]means a wildcard value (the value is not important) size range(the size is important), here 44 is calc from 0x30(=48) - 4 (the size of value1).
There is a ui for setting up, study the detail should help.

For more complex search criteria, may try 'custom type', see if ce wiki has examples.