Automatic Description

Want Cheat Engine to do something specific and no idea how to do that, ask here. (From simple scripts to full trainers and extensions)
patka
Table Makers
Table Makers

Automatic Description

Post by patka »

Hi!
I want to make a script for the inventory that when I start it will search for the items and rename the descriptions in the results to the name of the item there based on the item ID.
Here is an example (shown in the picture):
There are 14 pieces in the inventory and their ID is 1641807216.
There are 17 items in the inventory and their ID is 1641807136.
And so on. I want a list to be created automatically so that the description has the name of the object and the value the quantity.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Automatic Description

Post by Paul44 »

^ assuming that you either know the descriptives - or can collect them via some reference - if you can parcour the list(s):
a) ASM: build a table in memory holding each item, along with its mem_addr; then build memrecs to show them in your table (~ either using lua or using "placeholders" = memrecs already created)
b) Lua: find a struct/ptr which contains (a reference to) that list; then parcour that list and 1. do as in a) OR 2. "dump" the list in a Form (~eg listbox) for easy manipulation (if you know OOP, then i would take this approach as you can basically do almost anything you want ~ well, you still need to pick up Lua along the way ofc)

ps: in lua: if you can not collect descriptions via some reference - and inventory is "limited" - then use an array (~ table) using them IDs as index_values (~ key_value pair)

tip: do not try to build your complete inventory, but just start with a few items until you get the hang of it...

an example: check out my 'AC Valhalla ~ Inventory' for a Lua example.

patka
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by patka »

Thank You, but it's a little bit complicated to me...

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Paul44 »

^ if you haven"t created a table/script before, then this will be over your head anyways. It is not rocket_science either, but you'll need to pick up the experience for sure... like we all do/are_doing !
Do not expect somebody else to write this up for you; rarely happens. So: if no/little experience, start with the basics:
1. find something "easy" like health/ammo/etc
2. build a script that allows you to manage that value

fyi: it span about a month before i was able to cook up something in those lines. by the time i got to what i've "explained" above, i'm talking 6+ months (it obviously depends on your own ambitions about how far you're willing to go with this: number of hrs/day_week, experimenting, reading, youtube-ing, andwhatnot)

patka
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by patka »

Ok, thank you. I know the basics, but not too much. I practice a few things and we'll see

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

So if you have 400 items.. times the number of properties you want to show for each item.. that's gonna be a shit load of scrolling to do. Right? Cool...

Please check out my Horizon Zero Dawn script and you'll find there an inventory reader. Lua knowledge required.