need help with scripts

Want Cheat Engine to do something specific and no idea how to do that, ask here. (From simple scripts to full trainers and extensions)
karenaki
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

need help with scripts

Post by karenaki »

hello, i don't have coding skills but would like to turn some auto assembly cheat engine scripts into lua file scripts so i can use the cheats without cheat engine has the game they are for i have to have multiple resources open at the same time when playing the game i have permission from table author to convert the cheats to scripts but i don't know how to do so i was hoping someone can help me learn how or do it for me. i want the scripts to be able to be toggled on and off and in one or two cases switch between the options on the table for a script can anyone help me? i tried to find a guide but i can't find any

im willing to talk on discord if it makes it easyer to learn and talk about this too

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Re: need help with scripts

Post by LeFiXER »

Cheat Engine uses the Lua scripts, so in some way Cheat Engine will be required for you to use the Lua scripts. I would recommend you learn celua.txt which in the main installation directory of Cheat Engine, or on the Cheat Engine repository on GitHub, also do some reading about Lua in general. Lua.org has a manual that is free for all.

I would also like to point out that Cheat Engine is very flexible in the sense that you can use both AA and Lua together in a single script. On a small sidenote, Lua doesn't support switch cases directly.

I have released a Lua script in this forum that shows how to toggle a script based on the script's active state:
/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16890

karenaki
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by karenaki »

in ff xii zodiac age you can use this

to load cheats via lua scripts in a script folder. my problem is I have no coding skills but want to learn how to convert scripts from this table viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5945&start=600

to lua files for the script loader so i dont have to have ceat engine open all the time

edit : yes the author has given me permission to make lua scripts of the cheat table

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Post by LeFiXER »

In the first link, the requested page can't be found. Cheat Engine does load lua scripts directly from the autorun folder within the Cheat Engine installation directory; however, the Lua is only supported by what Cheat Engine inherently has functionality for. You will require Cheat Engine to be open to physically use the Lua scripts.

karenaki
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by karenaki »

thing is i want to take the cheat from the table and turn it to useable lua script to put in the scripts folder in ffxii tza directory to use via ffxiitza without ce open

karenaki
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by karenaki »

look up FF12 LUA Loader

this site is messing up the link for some reason just remove space between mods and nexus and that should take you to the site
and the lua loader page

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Post by LeFiXER »

Please refrain from triple-posting, use the edit function (It's the button that looks like a pencil to the left of the button with the "!" symbol). That link didn't work either.

I don't mean to be rude but this probably isn't the best task for someone that lacks experience with Lua. But, what you're requesting is still impossible without Cheat Engine being open. Lua is a scripting language that extends the functionality of Cheat Engine by allowing users to create scripts and interface with Cheat Engine's already large library of functions. If you don't have Cheat Engine open, you can't use those functions.
About this mod
This module allows you to create scripts in LUA with which you can change the executable, memory and even call in game functions. This means that you do not have to patch your executable to enable hacks such as an FOV changer. It also has build in support for asmJit with which you can generate machine code yourself and numerous other capabilities.
This doesn't include Cheat Engine's functionality, this would mean you have to fallback on the native Lua functions. Install the mod, then create the scripts. Use the data from the CE scripts to know what to change.
Last edited by LeFiXER on Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Send
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Send »

karenaki wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:05 pm
look up FF12 LUA Loader on contentstealingwhores

this site is messing up the link for some reason just remove space between mods and nexus and that should take you to the site
and the lua loader page
You're trying to put yourself through a bunch of trouble that isn't going to be worth it whatsoever. Just use CE as LeFixer mentioned as without CE, specific functions will not be able to be called/used.