Need Help on my Lua Script to force a certain Value permanently constantly

Want Cheat Engine to do something specific and no idea how to do that, ask here. (From simple scripts to full trainers and extensions)
ShyTwig16
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Need Help on my Lua Script to force a certain Value permanently constantly

Post by ShyTwig16 »

I would also like to say, I'm not a collage trained programmer. I started with tutorials and hello world programs, and just worked from there.

You can figure this out. You may not have faith in yourself, but I have faith in you. Just play with some if statements in the lua engine window. If you can understand the structure and syntax of an if statement, I think you'll see where you need to start. But at this point it feels like I'm trying to teach you to fish, and you're refusing to even cast a line and try. But I also think when you get hungry enough, you'll try and you'll figure it out. I'm still willing to help you, but you need to cast a line and reel it in with your own hands.

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Post by LeFiXER »

aSwedishMagyar is right, you won't achieve anything with the wrong attitude. If you believe you will fail you won't succeed because you have already given up before you have tried. Not that I have much to back my claims up, I know what I know now through experience and trying. Trial and error is a key part of learning any skill you have to try and believe you will succeed and if you fail, try, try again. You will get there in the end and whilst you may not feel you can do it as ShyTwig16 said you have to have faith.

As you mentioned you can't even copy and paste right but that's just because you lack understanding of what's happening but it need not be like that. Although, if I'm understanding correctly. You want the saved scripts to activate automatically upon opening the table? If so, there's a possibility that even after enabling the scripts upon loading that the game can prevent the scripts from enabling through updates etc... which would mean you would start all over again with finding new scripts to save and thus defeating the point of automation. I don't say that to deter you I just think sometimes it's better to approach this with a logical perspective: whilst automation is great and all, it really isn't all that time-consuming to activate some scripts simply select script(s) > press spacebar.

You said that you can't understand why this isn't a normal feature of Cheat Engine itself and that's because games handle data differently and there isn't a single way to achieve the same thing as each game is different. Not to mention that Cheat Engine is already a large project in itself spanning ~213,000 lines of code.

dreamcactus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by dreamcactus »

oh that makes 0 sense , that last statement , of course theres universal code per lua that you can use to automate your CTs in a universal accepted way, nothings impossible especially when it comes to CE, and you know that , but thats ok im gonna setup a request thread now in the games section since i have no other place i can do so for this request of mine, thanks so far as said

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16560

p.s also the statement about updated games needing a new lua script also makes 0 sense , once again lua isnt bound to a certain game version here , only thing that might change are the offsets and activators in the cheats emselves thats it :|

also this isnt about me learning fishing or having faith in myself , i get the anecdote but comparing coding to fishing is uhhhh not the best example, to me id compare coding with pretty much flying an airplane....impossible to me , not within my mental capacity and thus writing proper lua code is as well , hence my actual request here, and once again yes i need someone to write the solution for me , this is as far as i got and thats where i am and been stuck for some time i need an actual solution aka fully working code, else i wouldnt be literally begging here >

viewtopic.php?p=194651#p194651

ShyTwig16
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ShyTwig16 »

dreamcactus wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:27 pm
oh that makes 0 sense , that last statement , of course theres universal code per lua that you can use to automate your CTs in a universal accepted way, nothings impossible especially when it comes to CE, and you know that , but thats ok im gonna setup a request thread now in the games section since i have no other place i can do so for this request of mine, thanks so far as said

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16560

p.s also the statement about updated games needing a new lua script also makes 0 sense , once again lua isnt bound to a certain game version here , only thing that might change are the offsets and activators in the cheats emselves thats it :|

also this isnt about me learning fishing or having faith in myself , i get the anecdote but comparing coding to fishing is uhhhh not the best example, to me id compare coding with pretty much flying an airplane....impossible to me , not within my mental capacity and thus writing proper lua code is as well , hence my actual request here, and once again yes i need someone to write the solution for me , this is as far as i got and thats where i am and been stuck for some time i need an actual solution aka fully working code, else i wouldnt be literally begging here >

viewtopic.php?p=194651#p194651
If you don't understand basic syntax like an if statement, how can you determine what is and isn't possible?

And the analogy still stands, if you want to learn to fly a plane you need to start by learning the basics of how flight works, so things like lift. And if you refuse to even open a book and read about lift, you'll never learn how to fly.

But I'll leave you with this:
Whether you think you can or can't, you're absolutely right.

dreamcactus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by dreamcactus »

thanks, and i hope someone will be able to solve my issue with some working code , really do hope so

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Post by LeFiXER »

dreamcactus wrote:
I never said it wasn't possible to automate the enabling and disabling scripts within a Cheat Table.
dreamcactus wrote:
]
You misinterpreted my comment. In a nutshell, I said that game updates can and most likely will, break the scripts within a Cheat Table thus rendering the automation useless since you'll have to update the scripts anyway.
dreamcactus wrote:
It was an anology, not advice on learning to fish. Here's another, you can't run before you can walk and you can't walk before you can crawl. You have to learn the basics before you can move onto advanced things.

dreamcactus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by dreamcactus »

ohhh ok lols my bad then , gotcha, well thats known that game updates require you to update said tables and then of course reenable the lua script, but again that dont affect the lua portion at all , thats what i was getting at , CTs? sure they need updating aka offsets and activators , yeah ...

and yeah as said i need code solution not advice to start learning coding from scratch , as said i need working code not a course in learning code , im just a gamer that wants to automate his CTs not having to learn actual coding, not sure if this has been clear yet, sorry if ive made it seem otherwise , i do appreciate the enthusiasm to teach coding to newcomers tho and respect this, but im really not into learning actual coding , i just want a working solution here from the more experienced coders here thats all, please respect that wish, anybody interested in solving this , please continue post in my request thread , thanks a lot

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Post by LeFiXER »

The experienced coders have spent time and effort in learning the skills they have and if they were to waste that effort giving the answers to any Tom, Dick or Harry that asked how to do something without first putting in the effort themselves, would be insulting to the skilled coders. Nevertheless, good luck.

dreamcactus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by dreamcactus »

well im a joe soooo yeah lol, anyhow i do appreciate coders help and do respect it so shouldnt be insulting imo, thanks man , fingers crossed this will be solved by DrummerIX by tuesday, since he currently seems to be the only one aimed at solving the actual issue , seems like a helpful dude , i do appreciate folks putting theyre mad skillz to good use to help a dude out , mad skillz i can only barely comprehend but got serious respect for :)