Noob question: How would I modify a lua script to add item names to the change ID function?

Want Cheat Engine to do something specific and no idea how to do that, ask here. (From simple scripts to full trainers and extensions)
BConscience
Noobzor
Noobzor

Noob question: How would I modify a lua script to add item names to the change ID function?

Post by BConscience »

I'm a complete noob. I found a script for Atelier Ayesha by Made by DrummerIX, which includes a "display and change highlighted item's ID and stats" function. All values are displayed in Dec.

I also found a text file that has all the item ID in Hex and 2 text files of all the stats in Hex.

I'm wondering how would one go about modifying the script so it:
  • displays the item ID and stats ID in Hex instead of Dec so users don't need to do the conversion themselves.
  • calls the .txt files when it displays the values so it can also display the names of the items/stats.
  • create a colour coded drop down list to select items/stats.
  • open a new window dedicated for highlighted item modification.
Of course only the first one is really needed in this specific situation, but if you are willing to teach, I'm happy to learn how to do these things so when I start writing my own scripts I can possibly make them more user friendly. Thanks.

YoucefHam
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Noob question: How would I modify a lua script to add item names to the change ID function?

Post by YoucefHam »

BConscience wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:43 am
I'm a complete noob. I found a script for Atelier Ayesha by Made by DrummerIX, which includes a "display and change highlighted item's ID and stats" function. All values are displayed in Dec.

I also found a text file that has all the item ID in Hex and 2 text files of all the stats in Hex.

I'm wondering how would one go about modifying the script so it:
  • displays the item ID and stats ID in Hex instead of Dec so users don't need to do the conversion themselves.
  • calls the .txt files when it displays the values so it can also display the names of the items/stats.
  • create a colour coded drop down list to select items/stats.
  • open a new window dedicated for highlighted item modification.
Of course only the first one is really needed in this specific situation, but if you are willing to teach, I'm happy to learn how to do these things so when I start writing my own scripts I can possibly make them more user friendly. Thanks.

Try using Dropdown list