Unicode String with not english characters

Want Cheat Engine to do something specific and no idea how to do that, ask here. (From simple scripts to full trainers and extensions)
patka
Table Makers
Table Makers

Unicode String with not english characters

Post by patka »

I try to list some items name in a table. I set the type to Unicode String, but shows it not english character. How can i change\set it to english?
Spoiler

Metanoia
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Unicode String with not english characters

Post by Metanoia »

Are you sure that’s the correct path to the name? Setting the type to string will just convert X number of bytes at that location to their corresponding characters in the current encoding so if it's the wrong path it will show up as gibberish. Unless the game your playing is Chinese's ...... then use a translator.

Turn of Unicode and see if that works.
Here is a example:

What is the name of the game?

Also instead of adding each item by hand you can use Lua to do it for you. This way you won't have 100 empty inventory slots cluttering your table. I checked some of you're other tables that's why I'm bringing this up.
Last edited by Metanoia on Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Typical with people using tables from 2-3 years ago on games that have recently been updated. Obviously the Name isn't shown correctly, because most likely the offset to the name has changed. If you check the screenshot, both Names show the same thing. I doubt he has 2 identically named items in his inventory with quantities 50 and 57...

So the solution is to ask the table maker to update his table. If it's not that, then you haven't provided any useful information (game, table, table maker, etc.), but asking how to convert from Chinese to English; which is your perspective of what the problem could be, not what it actually is.

Metanoia
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Metanoia »

SunBeam wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:26 pm
Typical with people using tables from 2-3 years ago on games that have recently been updated. Obviously the Name isn't shown correctly, because most likely the offset to the name has changed. If you check the screenshot, both Names show the same thing. I doubt he has 2 identically named items in his inventory with quantities 50 and 57...

So the solution is to ask the table maker to update his table. If it's not that, then you haven't provided any useful information (game, table, table maker, etc.), but asking how to convert from Chinese to English; which is your perspective of what the problem could be, not what it actually is.
Sunbeam they aren't the same the first character is different. Also I think he is making a table not using one.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Metanoia wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:02 am
the first character is different
Takes an eagle eye to notice! :D Thanks for pointing it out.