hidden process ?

Want Cheat Engine to do something specific and no idea how to do that, ask here. (From simple scripts to full trainers and extensions)
Flyjet
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

hidden process ?

Post by Flyjet »

Hello,

I have a question that may seem a bit silly. I'm a disabled PC player, I use the speed hack function of cheat engine to slow down most of the games and to allow me to have the necessary reaction time. For some time now, I've been running into games where the script I wrote doesn't work. The latest one is horizon zero dawn. I manage to slow down the title screen very well! But once I'm in the game, it's like I don't have a speed hack. I think it's because there's another process running, but I'm looking in the task manager and I can't see any other than the main executable. So my script must not be attached to the right process. Has anyone ever had this problem? I should mention that I tried to open my cheat table after opening the game and click on the association button with an application. It doesn't work either. Thanks for your help .Flyjet

The script is in attachement
HorizonZeroDawn.CT
(787 Bytes) Downloaded 185 times

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Re: hidden process ?

Post by LeFiXER »

The process isn't hidden. It attaches fine but the speedhack does not take effect while in-game.

Flyjet
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Flyjet »

yes and do you have an idea why ?

Frouk
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Frouk »

Flyjet wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:52 pm
yes and do you have an idea why ?
It might be anti cheat, or game is only applies speed from stored float value and doesn't applies speedhack

Frouk
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Frouk »

Code: Select all

local aalist = getAutoAttachList()
stringlist_add(aalist, "HorizonZeroDawn.exe")
well, you can use openProcess instead of this

Flyjet
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Flyjet »

Okay, thanks for the code tip it's much more elegant, indeed. So for you, there is no solution? Well luckily I download my games illegally to test them. If someone else has an idea, I'm willing to read it.
thanks

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

I have explained here why: viewtopic.php?p=239873#p239873. Not all games use GetTickCount for frame processing.