Managing CE Tables

Section's for general approaches on hacking various options in games. No online-related discussions/posts OR warez!
Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Managing CE Tables

Post by Paul44 »

In this tutorial, I tackle following subjects:

- Updating CE tables for a specific game version:
* Using a standard scan
* Using a ‘Memory Viewer’ Search
* Using an ‘Assembly mode’ program
- Memory Regions
- Versioning
- Cleaning up our CE table
- Encountering problems/conflicts with a CE table
* Verifying the AOB strings in a script

The purpose of this document is:
a) to help gamers to understand what CE table owners need to do to get their tables updated
b) to ease the process between gamer and author to get the job done
c) to help (less) experienced scripters to update "dead" tables to current game versions

Since I'm pretty new in this arena, I would highly appreciate any contributions to extend overall CE mgmt (incl additional subjects). In particular working with Dumped exes is completely new to me (no experience whatsoever): for example, sofar not been able to search for opcode strings themselves within [x32dbg]?! And not even been able to work with dumped exes using CE itself...

ps: I've produced a PDF since images tend to 404 after awhile (anyway, easier for me to manage my document)
ps2: I always use the 'we/us' form to avoid any form of discrimination ?
ps3: I started writing this doc end of last year, while "working" on Shadow of Mordor. That said: the procedures obviously apply to any game...

-EDIT v2a-
I've added a D. subarticle, particularly for gamers. It shortly explains what kind of information to provide to table authors.

ps: I also refer to another document (I wrote in september 2017), which I posted on the CE forum here: [ forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=606291&sid=96948ed0c6aed17f8633402dcfdca29e ]
(that document definitely needs an overhaul - based on my experience since then - but it will help out those of you wanting to pick up the basics) ~ if an admin feels this doc would be appropriate to post here as well, let me know)

-EDIT v2b-
* added [Explorer Suite (NTCore)] in the 'Dump exe' section (based on recent post by #budabum ~ I actually researched it back then, but was not aware of that particular function)
* a quick/short look at 'Memory Regions' (CE subfunction)

Tutorial: [ [Link] ] (exceeds 5MB now)
(if this link dies, just pm me...)
Last edited by Paul44 on Tue May 12, 2020 7:30 am, edited 8 times in total.

Angershy
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Managing CE Tables

Post by Angershy »

where is the tutorial?

Angershy
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Angershy »

ShyTwig16 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:29 pm
Angershy wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:53 pm
where is the tutorial?
Fixed file re-added to first post.
thanks

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Paul44 »

@ShyTwig16: thx for uploading the tutorial; completely lost track of it. Updated my tables last weekend after someone made me aware of them missing...

martakakis
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by martakakis »

nice sites you got there
An intrusion attempt by snip (13.33.101.55, 443) Malicious Domain Request
no download

P.S.
I see, post edited, someone was about to hide intruders domain name, - t'was about to get that tutorial, for to get work ACIII Remastered table, instead, my PC was attacked and did not get tutorial download, strange, why people do not use mega instead if they have large files for download?
Last edited by martakakis on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

martakakis wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:08 pm
What?

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Paul44 »

@martakakis : I second the "What?"... What do you mean with "post edited, someone was about to hide intruders domain name"? You might want to address your issue directly with Admin here...
That said: I do apologize for the inconvenience; but until Admin and/or others can substantiate a possible questionable service from Zippy's site, I leave things as they are.

ps:
1) I'm using Zippyshare as it is one of those few remaining 'free_uploaders' with "minimal intrusion inconvenience"; meaning you'll get nagged occassionally with adds of some sorts (but never intrusive). But getting attacked/hacked is new to me; and frankly I can hardly/not believe that, as the site has a pretty good reputation. So I have no idea what happened on your side...
2) You should also know that MANY people (and I'm one of them) have no "direct" access to Mega for local/legal reasons. Some tools are around to bypass that; or one can (simply) use VPN.

martakakis
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by martakakis »

Paul44 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:43 pm
@martakakis : I second the "What?"... What do you mean with "post edited, someone was about to hide intruders domain name"? You might want to address your issue directly with Admin here...
That said: I do apologize for the inconvenience; but until Admin and/or others can substantiate a possible questionable service from Zippy's site, I leave things as they are.

ps:
1) I'm using Zippyshare as it is one of those few remaining 'free_uploaders' with "minimal intrusion inconvenience"; meaning you'll get nagged occassionally with adds of some sorts (but never intrusive). But getting attacked/hacked is new to me; and frankly I can hardly/not believe that, as the site has a pretty good reputation. So I have no idea what happened on your side...
2) You should also know that MANY people (and I'm one of them) have no "direct" access to Mega for local/legal reasons. Some tools are around to bypass that; or one can (simply) use VPN.
My apologies to anyone I offended unintentionally, and, no, intrusion was not from zippy, real domain name was removed here on forum by someone, and that is most disturbing.

P.S.
But that was through zippy from some add or something else, or someone. Just to be clear, domain name was mentioned twice and were simply replaced with -> snip, who has rights to do that here, no my business.

LONGINUS
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by LONGINUS »

Hi, and thanks for your job!
How to update a CE table (for a new game version) with mono features?
Any chance of a Tutorial?

(Sorry for my bad English)

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Paul44 »

^actually never used that feature before.
If i recall well, Unity engine games offer that option (google "cheat engine mono unity" to find examples)
And probably some tutorials might already have been posted here too...

I suggest that you post your request in one of the (sub)General Discussion sections; using a specific cheat as guideline.
(even if the original table is made by somebody else...)