Dealing with EAC in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Post here (make sure thread doesn't exist first) any type of tutorials: text, images, videos or oriented discussions on specific games. No online-related discussions/posts OR warez!
SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Dealing with EAC in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Post by SunBeam »

BACKGROUND
============

I've recently been contacted via Discord regarding this game and how trying every possible solution mentioned here didn't work out for a particular person. I've then decided to give it a go, since he was willing to allow a remote session and indeed, couldn't get the game to run with both the "-eac_launcher" command-line in both Steam/UPlay clients and the detoured "EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll". Simply put, his Windows 10 recent update conflicted in some weird way with the EAC launcher (rungame.exe), each run resulting in a "not found" error.

Several days passed, the guy rolled back his Windows build and got the stuff to work. So it was all good for him, he could play the game with the fearlessrevolution trainer and went his merry way.

Then the CH bullshit started all over, derived from the MK11 dispute, that I remembered about this: link. It's a nice topic to read.

Then I remembered how STN was basically dragged into my disputes with Caliber with every chance he got, regarding Watchdogs and how "they" discovered the "-eac_launcher" command-line which disabled EAC and allowed users to play the single-player part of the game with no worries.

The reason for all of that story above is to respond to a question or future statement (excerpt from a recent post from Caliber):

I think I read it like this: "maybe you got the inspiration from my posts in those links". Well, just so you don't fucking dare again say that retarded shit, here goes. The next part is dedicated to you, I got the inspiration from fuck-town and it worked just dandy.

SCOPE
======

Run Wildlands with no command line or let the game think EAC was loaded, so that is uses only the detoured EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll and game opens successfully, regardless of the x64 OS you've installed, regardless of Windows Update.. and regardless of CH bitching over some command line they didn't discover this time around :) Mainly last part. I'll refer this post in the future with every chance I get, if CH decides to use this method against EAC. See how it feels being trashed around. Feels so good to create precedents.

TOOLS
======
  • x64dbg for x86 and x64
  • GRW.exe
  • RE skills - knowing WTF you're after and doing

CONCLUSIONS
============
  • I may not be the inventor or discoverer of this command, yet I saw nowhere posted anything about it for Wildlands, Watchdogs and Far Cry 5; having said that, I can say I am now the first to talk about -eac-nop-loaded for these titles
  • anything derived from what you've seen in this video, including patching EAC launcher (rungame.exe or whateverthefuck.exe) in the future is still going to be considered the same method - just so I don't hear "can you show me how is this remotely similar to yours?" (you know what I mean)
  • if you ignore my smug attitude and have an ounce of decency, you'd credit this where due
BR,
Sun

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Re: Dealing with EAC in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Post by SunBeam »

CaliberCHResponder wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:28 pm
I'm not sure what you are getting at here, or if that entire posting is/was facetious..
"for these titles" :) I was adamant to clearly state I've not found jack shit online about FC5 and Wildlands, either of them, and that specific command-line. No one actually mentions or hints at using it or even trying it (why, cuz "-eac_launcher" works for 99%). Considering the amount of people having had problems with just "-eac_laucher" itself, I digged in a bit deeper to find how I can entirely get rid of EAC. Then I stumbled across that command and stopped there. I may pursue total removal in the nearby future ;) Kinda irks me not doing it now that I mention it, lol.

I understand it won't mean jack shit to people, that it's about some old game, that bla bla - it's important to me to succeed in a challenge I set out for myself, especially since it's about RE. Especially since I'm no quitter. I think you can already see that shit about me even from this CH-SunBeam war we're having :D

That it may or not help others in the future battling EAC in single-player games.. that.. I dunno.

Anyway, the reason for the video was showing how the logic process works, how you get from something known or an idea to some means of success. And not demonstrating I'm best, better or that this is the only way to do it.

Glad you liked it ;)

BR,
Sun

WayneFrancis
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Dealing with EAC in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Post by WayneFrancis »

I'm using the EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll from
it is the same size as the dll you are using.
When I follow your steps with using -eac-nop-loaded Wildlands will load but EAC ultimately complains that the dll is not the correct version.
Is there a newer way to play single player without EAC running?