Bypassing Integrity Checks in Assassin's Creed Unity & Syndicate

Post here (make sure thread doesn't exist first) any type of tutorials: text, images, videos or oriented discussions on specific games. No online-related discussions/posts OR warez!
SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Bypassing Integrity Checks in Assassin's Creed Unity & Syndicate

Post by SunBeam » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:02 pm

Dropping this here. Peace :)

BR,
Sun

fantomas
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Bypassing Integrity Checks in Assassin's Creed Unity & Syndicate

Post by fantomas » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:39 pm

Nobody could deny of how it is always nice to watch your work - The only thing that keeps me from enjoying it even more is all your s**t and f**k, every two lines.
When I was watching the video I said: "Wow! He speaks normally", it even gave a plus to the video. But sunbeam would not be sunbeam without a little s**t and f**k, would not he?

One day, one day. ;)

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:04 pm

Would be nice to listen to it without your mom or wife nearby. Or kids. Your choice :D

TheyCallMeTim13
Administration
Administration

Post by TheyCallMeTim13 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:04 pm

I Just started playing this game, so perfect timing for me. Thanks for the video.

fantomas wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:39 pm
Nobody could deny of how it is always nice to watch your work - The only thing that keeps me from enjoying it even more is all your s**t and f**k, every two lines.
When I was watching the video I said: "Wow! He speaks normally", it even gave a plus to the video. But sunbeam would not be sunbeam without a little s**t and f**k, would not he?

One day, one day. ;)
It really isn't that bad, he says fuck once and shit once. Plus it actually added ephesus to what he's saying, so it works well. But they are adult words, with adult meaning and feelings.
CE wiki - Tutorials CE wiki - Auto Assembler Basics - CE wiki - Lua Basics If it's not a Personal Message don't PM me, use the forum. I ignore PMs that should be asked on the forum.

fantomas
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by fantomas » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:51 pm

TheyCallMeTim13 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:04 pm
It really isn't that bad, he says fuck once and shit once.
And I applaud his effort, it is exactly what I'm saying in my comment. I put a 9/10. :D

But no intention to offend, of course. Just some people more sensitive than other. Especially in a public and serious forum such like FRF. ;)

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:59 pm

You guys crack me up :D :D *claps*

Incoming: "Batman Arkham Knight - Console & CheatManager" - - letting UE3 do the dirty work for us :) ;)

CaliberCHResponder
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by CaliberCHResponder » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:29 am

SunBeam wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:02 pm
Dropping this here. Peace :)

BR,
Sun
nice work and great explanation as well. Maybe you got inspiration of killing threads for mortal kombat 11 and other games from many places. I posted about it here:

viewtopic.php?p=79257#p79257

and:

viewtopic.php?p=79381#p79381

and mentioned the process of preventing the thread creation in crackdown 3 while we were 'discussing' things in the Mortal Kombat 11 postings, to which it was largely ignored. Almost all modern "anti-tamper" are involving threads running along the main thread. I also think we were working harder than we needed to back then (ACU and others), because we were not thinking out of the box or thinking like the coder of these anti-tampers would, or using the normal 'brain' of hacking games, when these sorts of things came up.

However, as I have said before, it's awesome that you have time to post these and go into detail like you do and document. I wish I had more time for this sort of thing, but I don't.

What you might also do, is show people how to modify the game .exe to just not allow those threads to be created in the first place as the final solution. As long as the modification of the .exe isn't killing the DRM of the game, allowing it to be run on another machine without STEAM or it's platform, I see no harm in it.

Kudos,
Caliber

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:23 am

That's what I basically did in MK11. I don't patch the prologue of the thread functions; I just set the thread creation flag to CREATE_SUSPENDED. That way the thread doesn't even start, doesn't eat up CPU and won't even show in the thread list. See here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... eatethread. But then again, going full blown patching-style on the game shows what you said: you don't have the time to.

As for the inspiration, it simply came from remembering SneakyMofo did some thread killing in Sniper Elite 4. That pretty much tipped me off into looking for threads' entry points that were mainly VMProtect obfuscated/virtualized code. Killing such a thread (thus trial/error) led me to the video. That's about it. Didn't look high and low for some method :) Like you said.. thinking outside of the box, which we kinda missed back in Unity/Syndicate days.

I did read those Crackdown 3 posts, but at the time, I wasn't both going to use them or interested, as my main target practice was UE4 and what I could get out of it, as well as succeeding in dumping UE4 information to disk from an UWP shielded process. Which I tried in several ways and didn't yet succeed. Had one more thing to try, but then another game surfaced (think it was FC:ND) and so I let it be. I've done enough in Crackdown 3 as well, so yeah...