Can't find static pointers for Frozenheim

Post here (make sure thread doesn't exist first) any type of tutorials: text, images, videos or oriented discussions on specific games. No online-related discussions/posts OR warez!
Pinguinmonk
Noobzor
Noobzor

Can't find static pointers for Frozenheim

Post by Pinguinmonk »

Hello Pingu here,

I'm brand new and need some help with the CheatEngine tool. After successfully completing the tutorial of the tool, I tried to create a CT file for the game Frozenheim. However, I can't find the static pointers so that the file always finds the correct pointers to adjust the values. I can find a value, but I can't find a pointer that points to an static address.

Maybe someone has some time to tackle this issue together with me to help me.

Thanks a lot

sincerely

Pinguinmonk

Marc
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Can't find static pointers for Frozenheim

Post by Marc »

I don't own this game, so just a few suggestions - call it an educated guess:
  • seems the game uses the unreal engine, perhaps the unreal dumper helps here. (see the videos from Cheat The Game on Youtube on that topic)
  • try a code injection (rightclick on your found address, find out what accesses this address). If you can find a code which frequently uses only your address, 99% of the work is done already.
  • if you really wantito have a pointer-chain, try max offset 4096 and max level 10 in the pointer scanner from cheat engine, but be aware that this will take a while. To improve results, use multiple pointermaps (see
best regards,
Marc

Pinguinmonk
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Pinguinmonk »

Hey Marc,
thank you for the fast reply. I want to support this community with some files, that's why i started learning this.
I will watch the videos, try again and tell you if i succeed/fail.

Thanks so much <3

best regards,

Pingu

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Pinguinmonk wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:12 pm
Hello Pingu here,

I'm brand new and need some help with the CheatEngine tool. After successfully completing the tutorial of the tool, I tried to create a CT file for the game Frozenheim. However, I can't find the static pointers

Pinguinmonk
Hey,

Static pointers = real address having hex value calculated or making pointers made from static addresses.Hmm, making a pointer (dynamic, not static), could work on your machine, in other machine won't work, a pointer address is dynamic, it's a 50-50 chance to work.Making a pointer from a static address will work in whatever machine, no matter what.Dump files and find the real player's address, that would be your static address, in hex, won't change even with updates!It can even be found/updated by a simple array search, hex values won't change though, some bytes will change though, easy thingy to add!

Take care! :P

Pinguinmonk
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Pinguinmonk »

Hey,

thank you both for you time. Tried it this evening and i think i got a first version of a CT file for the game Frozenheim.
(Will try to find someone for a first test)
I hope it will work for everyone.

There are many more questions. But learning is a process.
This community helped me a lot and i want to give something back.

I will keep you updated(maybe with questions)

Thanks again & Stay healthy <3

Sincerely
Pingu

Pinguinmonk
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Pinguinmonk »

Dear nice people,

the CT file worked and is doing its job. This is because of you and your help.
The next step for me is to learn how to edit the CT file properly.
There are some features i still want to implement. Like showing a value in a group header, triggering code injection by clicking the red cross(usually for freezingvalues) or sending a value from CE to a variable in the injected Code. But i do not know if things like this are possible, nevertheless I started to learn Assambler coding.

To my question:
Is there a tutorial where i can learn this stuff by myself (not the assambler part)? It's always easier and faster for me to ask someone for keywords/link i have to look for. How to edit and play around with nice features for the CE that makes the life for the users easier.

Thanks for your time. Happy to have you.

Enjoy your sunday.

Pingu

Marc
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Marc »

Hi Pinguinmonk,

there are several tutorials available.
My favorites are
1) the videos from cheat the game. Yes, looking all of them could take you 1-2 weeks. :)

and

2) there's a excellent beginner-Series from fearlessrevolution.

Like showing a value in a group header, triggering code injection by clicking the red cross(usually for freezingvalues) or sending a value from CE to a variable in the injected Code.
Showing a value in a group header? Hm, when you create a group header, CE asks if the Header shall have an address or not.
If you answer with yes, the header can point to an address and shows it's value.

Code Injection by clicking the red cross? When you use the autoassembler, the codepart (for example, an injection) which is standing after [ENABLE] gets executed when checking the box. Accordingly, the code part below [DISABLE] gets executed when the box of the script is un-checked. Usually the disable part should just restore the original code.

Sending a value from the CT into the injection: you can, during the code injection, allocate some memory for a value and give it a name. now, in the address list, you can refer to the given name. If the user edits the value in the table, the script uses this value. Sounds weird,
better take a look at the [Link]

have fun,
Marc

Pinguinmonk
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Pinguinmonk »

Hey Marc,

thanks again for the information you gave to me. I will try to make an example for myself while watching the videos.
Showing a value in a group header? Hm, when you create a group header, CE asks if the Header shall have an address or not.
If you answer with yes, the header can point to an address and shows it's value.
In this case, i have a few pointers for the same value. I did not choose a specific one. I grouped them all. If you change the value in the header, all values will change. So if i want to show a value in a header, i have to decide which pointer i want to use. No problem.

The next Step is to make my code injection better. I won't try to bother you and use the wiki/YT more often. I need to learn this by myself, you got other games to hack ;)

Stay healthy and all the best

Best regards

Pingu