Adding a Footer banner (of sorts)

Post here (make sure thread doesn't exist first) any type of tutorials: text, images, videos or oriented discussions on specific games. No online-related discussions/posts OR warez!
Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Adding a Footer banner (of sorts)

Post by Paul44 »

I have recently been doing some research on adding a background image to my tables (sort of "joining the (semi) prof trainers out there" ~ sort of, mind you)... You can check out my findings here: [ [Link] ].
(i'm sure that some authors will appreciate this feature :))

The footer in question: [ ] (2nd pic)

anyways: I have started this topic rather to get a contest - of sorts - started on how such footer might look like. just so you know: i'm not really into "banner-ing"; but this would be a great way for me to repay my gratitude to FRF for hosting my tables here... for free no less :shock: (this remark does sound better in my head, btw)

things to consider:
- size: limit both in image_size as in 'fysical' size ( I'm planning to bring that back to half its height in due course)
- color-ing: to get me going, I just did a copy/paste/photoshop-ing of FRF's website header;
- in case of a "proprietary" banner - which will probably apply to most authors - should one also need to add some reference to FRF. (in this regard, ignore what I've said above btw)
- clickable or not: not a great fan of this. I would rather go for a "context popup", which would then allow you to link directly to (example given) your post here @FRF (for reasons of 'how to use'; where is that àçé"!' password?; andwhatnot...)
- other...

ps: my initial plan was NOT to get such a footer, but adding a bckgrnd image to the addresslist (see CEF topic). feel free to join there.
ps2: the code currently takes the image from the table itself (which makes it an easy way to distribute). however: one can also use the 'LoadFromFile' method, to get it from disk (which might be more preferable for addresslist images; which I expect to be (far) more sizeable). In that case, one only uploads the image once, while posting updated CE tables in due time...
ps3: as most of you know, our tables are also offered on other websites. and not all will either refer to the original author, or to FRF (if at all). this feature will definitely "tell" gamers about its origin...

asthebloody
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Adding a Footer banner (of sorts)

Post by asthebloody »

its more like sign right?

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Paul44 »

I'm not sure what you mean with 'sign', but when I "tumbled" on this, the first thing that popped up in my mind was 'branding' (I'm sure you already heard of 'cattle branding'; it is pretty much the same principle).

check out most trainers; they usually have a minimalistic, yet slick name logo representation. nothing stops you from doing the same thing here...
btw1: the 1st trainer I tried, was fearlessrevolution (definitely a brand name, agreed ?). To my surprise, they do not use a logo (not that they need it)
btw2: i initially had named up a few brand names here, but FRF did not like them :shock:

Based on above, what would/could this mean for you? well, you "could" start to brand yourself, using some name/logo. your avatar name is 'asthebloody', but it does not have to be thàt name (or an image 'picturing' that name somehow). You could use something like: Cheatadour (like in Troubadour 8-)). But it does not need to carry 'cheat' in it (or even a name/text for that matter). If you are socially active on the internet (facebook, twitter, etc), engaged in all sort of subjects (not just games), your logo might just represent that...
Iow the best brand is what represents you !

ps: I just checked the CE forum, and #Corroder already posted a solution for the Addresslist. Looks easy enough to implement; will be trying this out in coming hours/days...
-EDIT-: solution did not work as expected. will be continued...

asthebloody
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by asthebloody »

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Paul44 »

^ that is actually a very good tip... Gents: NO animated Gifs ! It drives people crazy, for your god's sake...

ps: yes, i'm digging it 8-). How is it "hanging", btw?

asthebloody
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by asthebloody »

Paul44 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:23 pm
^ that is actually a very good tip... Gents: NO animated Gifs ! It drives people crazy, for your god's sake...

ps: yes, i'm digging it 8-). How is it "hanging", btw?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , goodluck bro