[COMPLETED] The Disney Afternoon Collection

Pur

Noobzor
Dec 31, 2017
A simple table with infinite health for all games would be nice.

Slade

Expert Cheater
Apr 29, 2017
I actually bought this game to take a look at it, and I'll be stuffed if I know what they're doing.

I didn't see any sub processes running, and I can't find squat in the main process. I thought I'd take a look at the save state, but that was a bit of a bust too. I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on and see if I can work out a way to find out what processes launch when I run the game. Just in case some sort of "odd" sub process is being spawned (adobe air, etc) that I'm not seeing.

I would have thought this would be easy if they're running some sort of NES emulation - even the files don't seem to harbour NES headers.

Pur

Noobzor
Dec 31, 2017
Slade post_id=29446 time=1514977481 user_id=3704 said:
I actually bought this game to take a look at it, and I'll be stuffed if I know what they're doing.

I didn't see any sub processes running, and I can't find squat in the main process. I thought I'd take a look at the save state, but that was a bit of a bust too. I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on and see if I can work out a way to find out what processes launch when I run the game. Just in case some sort of "odd" sub process is being spawned (adobe air, etc) that I'm not seeing.

I would have thought this would be easy if they're running some sort of NES emulation - even the files don't seem to harbour NES headers.
Thanks, I hope you figure out something, I tried but I couldn't find anything, so I asked here.

erfg12

Novice Cheater
Mar 16, 2017
Are you sure it's not using encrypted values? I can try this later when I get home.

Pur

Noobzor
Dec 31, 2017
I don't know, I'm not an expert, I tried to simply lock the health but I didn't manage to do it, can't find the value.

erfg12

Novice Cheater
Mar 16, 2017
Kinda like this http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=500641

Here's 1 way to test http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=605216

Slade

Expert Cheater
Apr 29, 2017
Pur post_id=29520 time=1515096435 user_id=11766 said:
Thanks, I hope you figure out something, I tried but I couldn't find anything, so I asked here.
I took a second run at this, and used a process watcher to see what the game is loading / running. And it hits up a few Microsoft crypto dll's. I'm starting to think the game encrypts its ram or data, as well as the save data. I went for something simple - score and tried searching the save data for that. I couldn't find anything, sadly.

Someone a little smarter than I am will have to take a run at this one. Sorry.

erfg12

Novice Cheater
Mar 16, 2017
Here are some AoB scans to get the temp addresses with encrypted values. Once you find the addresses, store them in a table as 4 Byte values. Freeze the values to give infinite HP.

CHIP 'n DALE Rescue Rangers 1 - HP Address = ?? 2B 00 20 F8 2A 01 D0 F8 29 01 E0 F8 2B 00 D0 F8 2B 00 D8 F8 2B 00 E0 ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? 00 ?? ?? ?? 00 ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? (second address found)

Duck Tales 1 - HP Address = 2D ?? 40 FF 2D 00 48 20 2D 00 50 FF 00 00 00 20 19 00 78 20 2E 00 80 20 ?? 00 88 FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? (third address found) (only freeze when you have full HP)

I'll try to find more later and make a proper cheat table.

How did I find these?
- Open Edit > Settings. Go to Scan Settings. Check the MEM_MAPPED option.

To Find HP
- Search for changed/unchanged values when hit. (no increase/decrease searches)
- Once encrypted value is found, right click, what writes to it. Get hit, copy the address shown. (this helps find the address again. See below.)
- Copy at least 2 rows of memory viewer, any bytes changing mark with ??. Now you have an AoB scan item.

Find HP address again easily with bad AoB search
- Go to copied memory address in memory viewer. Right click > Find what accesses this address.
- Get hit 3 times, look for the 3 count address that was triggered. Now you found the temp address again.

Attachments

Top Bottom