Suikoden 2 NTSC for ePSXe 2.0.5

DrummerIX

RCE Fanatics
Talents
Fearless Donors
Mar 22, 2017
I have a table for Suikoden 2 NTSC Using ePSXe 2.0.5 ready. Contains some basic things for now.

I have Infinite HP In Battle, Infinite Equipped Item Use, Infinite Rune Use Out of Battle, Quick Level Gain and a basic Character Editor with experience for now. I do have Runes in the editor, but I was having issues changing them at the start of the game, so it might not work right. Potch pointer of course as that's pretty basic.

Enjoy! I will add some more things to this as I have time.

EDIT1: I added Game Time Pointers per request.

EDIT1 again: I found a code made by Pyriel that affects Richmond Investigations. I have no way to actually test since I'm not far into game, but here it is. It's under the character options.

Attachments

Mar 2, 2017
iirc for runes, you have to edit them, save game, then load game. It should work then.

P.s. I might use this if you got it to work with PCSXR emulator instead.

DrummerIX

RCE Fanatics
Talents
Fearless Donors
Mar 22, 2017
My experience with PCSXR is somewhat limited. It runs like crap on my PC while ePSXe runs fine.

Anyway, it was a double level pointer that needed changing in order for it to work on PCSXR. You need to enable either the Character or Battle scripts at least once for the pointers to update. Enjoy if you're using PCSXR. It seems like an outdated emulator for me (no Xinput).

Attachments

Darkedone02

Expert Cheater
Mar 2, 2017
Yeah and to prove that it's outdated, it used a website that's about to shut down, and they have not updated their page since 2009... while ePSXe is still being updated to this very day. Which is why ePSXe is the superior emulator over any others.

Mar 9, 2017
Hello, are you still working on this? Having pointers for ingame clock time would be very useful for getting a 100% run.

DrummerIX

RCE Fanatics
Talents
Fearless Donors
Mar 22, 2017
Hi, I've been taking a break from cheat making for few weeks, but can probably take a look at this game again. I will make some updates this week and get back to you.

Mar 9, 2017
Thanks, an option for instant richmond investigations would be really useful as well. There's another table for suikoden 2 on ePSXe 1.7 if you want some inspiration for more stuff to do.

For me personally the ingame timer and instant richmond investigations would be the most important.

Thanks again.

DrummerIX

RCE Fanatics
Talents
Fearless Donors
Mar 22, 2017
I came up with Game Time pointers easy enough. I'll try other options as I have more time this week. Been feeling under the weather lately.

EDIT: I also found a code made by Pyriel to affect Richmond Investigations. I ported it over to this cheat table. I haven't actually tested it, but I think it should work. It's under Character Options.

omninodachi

Novice Cheater
Mar 27, 2017
So much love I have for this game. I combined the 2 tables here and added in a lot more codes. I tried to keep it true to the original by adding in weapon level and rune along with armors, helmets, shields and accessories. I even added in a kill counter.

Things I still want to add:
Kindness stat: so far my search has come up bust.
Recruitment
Warehouse items
Party Items
Special Items
Major battles codes (they looks so easy on code breaker, but may have to just use PEC)

Attachments

Mar 2, 2017
Keep em coming. I love this game too. One request is for pointers to character's rune affinity as well.

omninodachi

Novice Cheater
Mar 27, 2017
I never thought to look for rune affinity. One main issue is that the values are fixed. I don't believe there is any equipment which improve this stat either. This would make searches quite trying. I guess I could look based on the rune affinity chart at suikosource. I do wonder, if the A rank is the higher integer then maybe it is possible to have S rank or higher...
0 being E or unusable and 4 being A (making super effective stats 5+ possible). Easiest characters to look for would probably be Gabocha and Tai Ho who are all D's (5x 4 or 1 depending on the order). I am betting it will be the same half byte like the current/max MP. I will probably check the same vicinity as the character name digits.
I will keep tinkering with this.

omninodachi

Novice Cheater
Mar 27, 2017
I have been playing Suikoden 2 since it originally came out. I have never found any codes or known any way to increase rune affinity. I am slowly digging up my wishlist. I need to play deeper in order to get to the warehouse and recruit codes. Party and special are already found and added. I still need to check the item modifiers to make sure they are complete.

omninodachi

Novice Cheater
Mar 27, 2017
I have not yet run through the entire game to test this. I have added the special, party and warehouse items as well as recruitment codes. I am very certain the digits are not all proper, but it is a huge boost to what was originally posted. Still working on:
Kindness stats
Major battle codes
Rune affinity (but don't hold your breath!!)

Attachments

omninodachi

Novice Cheater
Mar 27, 2017
Still working on it, but work has kicked me in the knackers. I discovered my special items codes were double byte rather than single and fixed it. I have added some major battle codes (just rune ability quantity). As I said, I am adding/correcting codes as I progress through the game. I am playing through without cheating (too much) to make sure valid item digits populate the item modifiers. Here is what I have currently (Muse just fell in my current game).

Attachments

Mar 2, 2017
Can't seem to get it to work on pcsxr-pgxp.exe. Seems the potch address is a little different. How do i go about finding the correct addr?

omninodachi

Novice Cheater
Mar 27, 2017
That is the beauty of this table, find the potch address. Most of the other codes feed off this address with offsets. I still have not gotten to the point of Richmond's investigations so I have not yet confirmed that the code is working.

Mar 2, 2017
Aye, i can find the potch address, but that doesn't seem to work with pcsxr, because it needs a pointer or something. I managed to sorta get it working with the previous pcsxr table, though.

Top Bottom