suggestion: forum search and quoting.

Mar 3, 2017
forum search
Code:
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in 78 seconds
I've just used a search with this phrase: "mgr inz player", to find posts where people re-upload my tables and give a credit. Currently there are 27 matches. I clicked "2" to see a second page and I got above information. I'm guessing it is just an optimization (or anti DDoS) and there is a 90 seconds pause. My suggestion is: change "per page search matches" from current 15 to something bigger, maybe 90 per page.

quoting
Next suggestion. Change "quote button" behaviour. So things like this post won't happen: http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?p=6029#p6029

My suggestion:
- an information box should pop-up every time for newcomers (account created less than 5 days ago) with information that it is strongly recommended to not quote whole post when it is not needed and rather should use "Quick Reply" or "Full Editor"
- disable quoting the first thread post entirely. It is often edited by OP and having outdated copies can lead to misinformation.

STN

Pleb
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 2, 2017
mgr.inz.Player post_id=6347 time=1492950692 user_id=252 said:
(or anti DDoS) My suggestion is: change "per page search matches" from current 15 to something bigger, maybe 90 per page.
Yep for the ddos, i plan to use google search instead once the forums are indexed completely (there's still a lot of tables missing from their index). Will change the settings for the search flood interval.

about the quoting, i remember seeing settings to change that behavior in other forum software - i'll see if there's an extension for phpbb. Don't feel like rewriting phpbb and adding this myself.

Top Bottom