[Request]Can a new forum rule/standard please be added

Squall8

RCE Fanatics
Talents
Mar 3, 2017
I agree with keeping the naming convention short. In my opinion long names just look a bit messy to me. Process and/or Game Name_Game Origin and Version. Simple and easily identifiable. I always include the proper details in the OP or table itself. That being said, if we ever do come up with a standard I'll use whatever is agreed upon.

++METHOS

Expert Cheater
Mar 2, 2017
The CT file name does not need to change. There are two, primary concerns:

1. Providing appropriate details in thread posts.
2. Providing appropriate details inside of CT. (these details can be left inside the 'Table Extras' or inside of AA/Lua scripts as comments)

The latest version of CE is supposed to have support for signing tables, but I have not looked to see what this entails. Personally, I use a custom script generator for all AA scripts that automatically identifies me as the author, as well as any other additional information that I want to provide regarding the target, version and/or script details etc.. That being said, I do not see any reason why this should pose any problems, given the solutions that are currently available.

sbryzl

Expert Cheater
Mar 4, 2017
Including versions can be problematic for me because I try to make my tables omni-compatible. I test it on one version but if I'm lucky it will work on others.

++METHOS

Expert Cheater
Mar 2, 2017
sbryzl -- in such cases, you would simply provide the version that the table was made with. It should be understood that if AOB scanning is used, then the table may also work across other versions. That said, if you are able to test and/or confirm that the table works for other versions, then you can state that if you choose.

Top Bottom