Oxygen Not Included

RogueWalrus

What is cheating?
Oct 24, 2017
Can anyone fix super duplicants cheats on ranching update? It doesn't max all stats anymore.
Thanks.

Jessen

Expert Cheater
Mar 4, 2017
I'd love to have a new max stat, although to be fair I kind of want to leave Athletics low, as its annoying how dupes just pop from place to place when its ridiculously high.

SunBeam

RCE Fanatics
Talents
Fearless Donors
Feb 4, 2018
In my days, people were adapting to the game version the table was conceived for; nowadays though there's constant whining over updates...

pahbi

What is cheating?
May 23, 2018
In my days, people were adapting to the game version the table was conceived for; nowadays though there's constant whining over updates...
I saw that the OP script had something to do with mono, so I poked around with oxygen not included and cheat engine, and was browsing the mono stuff, but I couldn't figure out how OP made the connection between mono and what he or she was writing to memory.

Its pretty interesting though. I'm gonna go poke around and see if there is a tutorial or something to read up on.

- P

Mar 13, 2018
I saw that the OP script had something to do with mono, so I poked around with oxygen not included and cheat engine, and was browsing the mono stuff, but I couldn't figure out how OP made the connection between mono and what he or she was writing to memory.

Its pretty interesting though. I'm gonna go poke around and see if there is a tutorial or something to read up on.

- P
The author only uses mono to load a symbol list for addresses. The intent is to inject into named Mono functions in Assembly-CSharp.dll.
E.I MinionStartingStats:GenerateAttributes+25b rather than doing an AOB scan for the opcodes. You can browse classes in Mono -> Dissect Mono

Mar 13, 2018
Does that make the table more future proof than a aob scan?
If the developer is not sabotaging this method yes. After a year the only thing that changed was mov rax,[rbp-00000158] became mov rax,[rbp-00000140] in the GenerateAttributes+25b for the Super Duplicate Cheat. It also makes updating the table much faster if the devs only tweak a function/pointer a little. This method is also faster for injecting since AOB sometimes takes awhile to scan.

SunBeam

RCE Fanatics
Talents
Fearless Donors
Feb 4, 2018
@BringChaos: "If the developer is not sabotaging this method yes." - wow; it's not the developer's call to "sabotage" whatever; it's how the code is compiled, therefore the compiler's fault. And this can change based on random race conditions, they don't really need to add something in the function itself to change.

Mar 13, 2018
@SunBeam The IL code for this game's base functions has hardly compiled any differently after a year of development. Sure the frame/stack pointers get changed randomly based on the flow into/around a function even if that function does not get changed. I understand why it happens and it has hasnt been a real issue for this game. Most functions in this pop general registers at the start and thus the compiled code does not change much at all.
I have seen developers add multiple redundancy checks, multi-threaded failure to obfuscate what set it off or even taking what was once a simple xmm read and write into a 2000 line mess all in response to an asm injection that was developed. Some compilers have obfuscation security options to make it difficult to read and follow. Thats what I mean by sabotage and developers can do these things on purpose. Why use a symbol thats obfuscated randomly every patch over an aobscan? He asked to compare I think he got a reasonable answer.
This engine and particular game however are very gentle for the technique he is asking about. I'm not new, I just like to keep to myself.

Top Bottom