MIddle-earth Shadow Of Mordor

Jan 21, 2018
Ugh, bad news... I found the byte that prevented me from grabbing the ork - it was one hidden trait. Refer to the post on the previous page for the trait, and the trait number for preventing grabbing the ork is 40. I've also pinpointed the bytes which determined the title of the ork along the way (I mean, "the Crow", "Blood-Storm", etc...)

So yeah, the bad news. The damn ork doesn't accept orders from me. I can send him to fight someone, but instead he returns immediately to the state where I must summon him to give him the order... And I am completely clueless where to look for this so far. At least he tells me the information about other orks, so I do not have to find anything for that part...

I think, I will work on it this weekened, but I'm afraid to be positive, so I won't say to expect the video this week after all. You said no rush, but you know, tell me if you think I should release some kind of written FAQ to tell you everything I know so far.

Jul 27, 2017
@Ross_R: I'm sure nobody expects something 'perfect'; so whatever you'd like to write down - within your timeframe - will be appreciated. I hope myself to eventually build a table similar to what #SeiKur0 did for SoW. (not anytime soon I'm afraid).

Jan 21, 2018
Well, I have not found why he does not accept orders... yet. But I found the exact points where the name and the weapon of the ork is determined, so... I have a backup plan: just swap the whole ork and be done with it... Not a very elegant method, but I'll use it if I wouldn't find that part about taking orders...

Edit: Nevermind, I found the necessary part. Testing everything now. So far after one mission he got himself the trait where I was unable to grab him again. Could be due to the fact that he was level 19 and became level 20, therefore his traits reshuffled themselves. Anyway, everything worked and I'm testing stuff. Then I'll do the vid.

Top Bottom