MIddle-earth Shadow Of Mordor

afraidless

Expert Cheater
Sep 9, 2017
[quote="Aditya Kalambe" post_id=17085 time=1504976749 user_id=8450]
Where to put this file?
And also does it activate automatically as soon as we launch the game?
[/quote]
http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Cheat-Engine
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=542093

;)

magicguy

What is cheating?
Sep 30, 2017
Hi folks. Downloaded the table and loaded it into the engine. Seems I can click on the top box in each category (check it) but none of the boxes underneath? Nothing works if I can't do that it seems...?

squall0833

Expert Cheater
Mar 4, 2017
magicguy post_id=18747 time=1506759161 user_id=8920 said:
Hi folks. Downloaded the table and loaded it into the engine. Seems I can click on the top box in each category (check it) but none of the boxes underneath? Nothing works if I can't do that it seems...?
which table?

if you mean the one my 24.03.2017 table, the top box in each category does nothing, it just group header,

and if you couldn't tick any of the boxes below, it means unable to find the matching array of bytes to inject the cheat,
--could be your game version is not compatible (i tested it again on my current Steam version of shadow of mordor, still works)
--or maybe you use windows other than windows 10 Pro x64 (not sure , just maybe)

NoobLord post_id=14572 time=1501793886 user_id=3618 said:
So I tried both the updated 24.03.2017 table and the 1_2_2 table in the opening post and while the latter table does have working infinite focus and elf shot, but no working godmode, the former one has everything not working. Any ideas on how to solve this?
that "updated 24.03.2017 table"
do u mean my table?

i just tested it again, everything seems is working though,

just take note that godmode,one hit kill,godmode+one hit kill, you have to choose only one, and the other two options will be disabled
same goes to XP options you only can choose one

if cheats still dont work for you, maybe your version of shadow of mordor has some differences in code. or maybe the windows you use, i dont know :p

mine was tested on Windows 10 Pro 64bit + latest Steam version Shadow of mordor (tested again 4th November 2017)

Xerxes Samhain

What is cheating?
Nov 15, 2017
So I realize I might be asking a dead thread, but has anyone made any progress on making your own orc, or customizing an existing orc? So far using cheat engine I've been able to make an orc I've been calling pigorc do the following things with his traits.
Pigorc's weaknesses
Vulnerability to stealth
Vulnerability to combat
Strengths
Hate of Caragors
Invulnerable to ranged
Cautious
Regeneration

Using the 1.2.2 table provided in this thread and browsing the memory region near his lvl, I've been able to find some values that change when ever he lvls up, and after changing these values a bit I was able to make him lose the Cautious ability. Subsequent changes however made him lose his Vulnerability to combat and Regeneration, more changes made him lose everything but his Hate of caragors, and finally the game had enough of my changes and had his strengths and weaknesses as [ERROR: Invalid StringID] [ERROR: Invalid StringID] which forced me to reload my backup save, as nothing I did could fix it.

Are there any pro cheat engineers out there who might be able to help? If you want more information I'll be happy to help :D

Xerxes Samhain

What is cheating?
Nov 15, 2017
So for anyone still trying to mess with orc traits in SoM, I find that using a hex editor like HxD is what you want to do. You can find where your orc's values are by copying your gamedata.sav into another folder and keeping it as your base, then loading up your game, finding said orc, and getting them to lvl up a bit naturally. Use beasts, your self, power struggles, ect. but it has to be natural, no cheat engine. After the natural lvl up, close the game and open your hex editor (Anyone know if cheat engine can be used as a hex editor?) and compare the 2 gamedata.sav you now have. (recommend using HxD, ctrl + K for file compare) the 2 gamedata.sav I am mentioning are the one you copied at the beginning, and the one you just changed by playing the game. keep in mind that on a completely new game and just using nemesis forge to lvl 2 random uruks up, their values were located at 43b30 and 455a0, however, using nemesis forge on a 100% save the values for different uruks were at b19e0, b0970, b5870, b2e20, and b1d30. To tell if your at an uruks values look for the lvl, it'll look like this 08 13 00 00 00 04 13 for a lvl 20. All uruk lvls have that 08 and 04 next to them and 3 00's seperating them. As this is a hex editor, the values are in hex(duh). After the lvl there will be some stuff, most notable 02 FF 02 FF, which is where the uruks traits are. the 02's are what seperates the individual traits so dont touch them. the FF's are empty trait slots so go wild. Uruks can only have 10 traits and these are the traits I have identified so far.
FF = nul
A6 = nothing
A5 = quickshot
9f = hint: combat
8D = vault breaker (not sure)
8C = hate of Caragors*
8b = nothing
8a = nothing
7a = fearless
7c = nothing
7d = rapid attack
6f = invulnerable to ranged*
6c = nothing
97 = poisoned weapon
93 = regeneration*
87 = nothing
81 = deadly*
79 = nothing
78 = Vulnerable to stealth*
73 = nothing
70 = nothing
68 = hate of pain*
67 = vulnerability to combat
64 = combat master*
61 = hint explosions
4d = invulnerable to stealth
3a = battlehardened
2c = shield changed/cosmetic
2a = inspiring presence
49 = vault breaker
39 = wreaker
38 = fear of burning
37 = Unknown trait/Purple Square
36 = cautious
35 = Quick Turn
34 = Mystery weakness
33 = nothing
32 = nothing
1c = fear of ghuls
1d = branded
21 =jump attack
20 = nothing
17 = nothing
3 = nothing
0f = bloodthirsty*
0e = nothing
0c = backlash*
0b = hate of mind control
0a = monsta slayer*
pls note that uruks seem to share some variables that do nothing when changed to ff, so I have labeled them as nothing traits, however since all uruks share them, it's probably best if they are left alone. removing branded trait does not remove branded status. Branded status is after traits, and on the one orc I removed it from it looked like this "B1 54 40 31"
That is all the info I have collected on this, so Good luck to everyone on their SoM quests.

RSI_Whistler

What is cheating?
Dec 29, 2017
lunasmeow post_id=11715 time=1498470565 user_id=3668 said:
squall0833 post_id=7918 time=1494248581 user_id=639 said:
that sounds difficult

I don't think I have enough skill to do that :p, hopefully other expert CE user can do that for you :p
No problem. It was just a hope. What about freezing the Trials timer? As always, thanks for everything even if you can't.
^This

Hoping for the ability to freeze the timer in Trials...probably the biggest pain in the... you know. A couple trainers claim to do it but the only one I know is behind a pay-wall.

Jul 27, 2017
As requested...
Not really that difficult to find (in this case): start with unknow float (they use a double-precision for the timer here), and keep checking on 'increased value' while switching between CE and SoM...

That said: I only "stopped" the timer onscreen; I did not complete a trial at all! So I would appreciate the feedback, from someone who actually finished one (or several) trials, confirming that you were successful within the indicated timeframe... (while you actually spent far more time on getting things done!)

ps: I did try/start several/different trials, and the timer stops for each of them. If SoM reports back that you did not finish within the time limit, then I only "hit" the visual onscreen counter. (but then again, the counter starts internally at '60' secs - so one can not search for the actual secs - which gives me a good feeling about it working correctly)

Attachments

• SoM_Timer.CT

Trials of War - Stop timer

19.6 KB Views: 134

RSI_Whistler

What is cheating?
Dec 29, 2017
Paul44 post_id=29234 time=1514664710 user_id=7422 said:
As requested...
Not really that difficult to find (in this case): start with unknow float (they use a double-precision for the timer here), and keep checking on 'increased value' while switching between CE and SoM...

That said: I only "stopped" the timer onscreen; I did not complete a trial at all! So I would appreciate the feedback, from someone who actually finished one (or several) trials, confirming that you were successful within the indicated timeframe... (while you actually spent far more time on getting things done!)

ps: I did try/start several/different trials, and the timer stops for each of them. If SoM reports back that you did not finish within the time limit, then I only "hit" the visual onscreen counter. (but then again, the counter starts internally at '60' secs - so one can not search for the actual secs - which gives me a good feeling about it working correctly)
I'll try it out tonight. I'll let it run till about 30 minutes then freeze it. Complete the trial and see what the results are. Thanks Paul, I tried to hack this one myself but wasn't doing so well.

Jul 27, 2017
For those interesting in "hovering" around the map, I've made a table for that (and tutorial how to create such a table). You can find/download it @ CE forum: Tutorials ~ Gamehacking Shadow of Mordor. (addendum 1)

ps: for those of you who'd like to know how to edit/update existing tables to the newest game vs, check out addendum 2...

Jan 21, 2018
Managed to swap around heads and arms and chestpieces and stuff. Managed to resurrect dead orks. Actually, I've managed to do everything I've ever wanted to do, too bad I already completed the game. Either way, I will soon compile it into a some kind of tutorial and post here. If anyone interested - stay tuned. It's coming either this week or next.
Edit: changed my mind. It looks like no one needs it, so why should I bother. I will upload some pictures and call it a day.

Jul 27, 2017
^^If your table works, why not simply upload it. Then you'll see if people are interested or not...?! I would definitely download it.

Jan 21, 2018
Paul44 post_id=31075 time=1517387122 user_id=7422 said:
^^If your table works, why not simply upload it. Then you'll see if people are interested or not...?! I would definitely download it.
It's not a table. That's the thing. I just know which places in the save file describes what stuff in the game, that's it. I've never created tables, never was skilled enough for this type of work.

And uploading it is not like drag'n'frop thing. I gotta make screenshots and write at least a small FAQ. And it, however small, is a job, that takes time. Eh...

Whatever. If you want to see it, I will do it. One man is enough reason for me.

Forces

Expert Cheater
Mar 3, 2017
Ross_R post_id=32579 time=1518613241 user_id=12237 said:
Paul44 post_id=31075 time=1517387122 user_id=7422 said:
It's not a table. That's the thing. I just know which places in the save file describes what stuff in the game, that's it. I've never created tables, never was skilled enough for this type of work.

And uploading it is not like drag'n'frop thing. I gotta make screenshots and write at least a small FAQ. And it, however small, is a job, that takes time. Eh...

Whatever. If you want to see it, I will do it. One man is enough reason for me.
count me as 2

Jan 21, 2018
Forces post_id=32584 time=1518616913 user_id=441 said:
count me as 2
Well then. The next two days are my job days, so I'll most likely do it this weekend. I will also try to set myself in the mood to do a few more tests (I haven't worked on it since my first post in January). The minimum I have now is the quick FAQ how to find an ork slot in a save, how to resurrect him and how to locate necessary bits (the one I've identified are armguards, backpack, chestplate, head, helmet and skin color).

I've also been able to resurrect DLC-specific orc after the completion of DLC and make him come to receive the order from Talion. I've did it quite messy though, since it was my first try, so he got all perks and the name from the random Warchief. I hope, I will be able to do it much more accurately, and, ultimately, record the video of the process.

Whatever it will be, it will come here by next Monday, word.

Forces

Expert Cheater
Mar 3, 2017
Ross_R post_id=32590 time=1518619044 user_id=12237 said:
Forces post_id=32584 time=1518616913 user_id=441 said:
count me as 2
Well then. The next two days are my job days, so I'll most likely do it this weekend. I will also try to set myself in the mood to do a few more tests (I haven't worked on it since my first post in January). The minimum I have now is the quick FAQ how to find an ork slot in a save, how to resurrect him and how to locate necessary bits (the one I've identified are armguards, backpack, chestplate, head, helmet and skin color).

I've also been able to resurrect DLC-specific orc after the completion of DLC and make him come to receive the order from Talion. I've did it quite messy though, since it was my first try, so he got all perks and the name from the random Warchief. I hope, I will be able to do it much more accurately, and, ultimately, record the video of the process.

Whatever it will be, it will come here by next Monday, word.
no rush, take your time ♥

Jul 27, 2017
As #Forces said: not to hurry. I have to admit that this is the 1st time I see someone tackling this from the 'save' point of view (since devs started encrypting their saves). I was thinking more in the line of what #SeiKur0 and #Kalas did with SoW...

Jan 21, 2018
Forces post_id=32592 time=1518620031 user_id=441 said:
no rush, take your time ♥
Paul44 post_id=32880 time=1518778453 user_id=7422 said:
As #Forces said: not to hurry. I have to admit that this is the 1st time I see someone tackling this from the 'save' point of view (since devs started encrypting their saves). I was thinking more in the line of what #SeiKur0 and #Kalas did with SoW...
Thanks. Life's been a bitch to me recently, so I'm kinda... downed. Editing savegames is probably the best thing I can do in terms of game modding. Maybe one day I will be able to do tables and trainers and stuff...

Anyway, I did some work today. Managed to pinpoint almost all the necessary bytes in the savegame to resurrect the dead ork and summon him. There are these parts so far:
Dead/alive state, of course.
His associated mission. Yes, it is necessary to change him being assigned from some plot-line yellow mission to the blue one where you summon him.
One more chunk of 4-bytes which determine if he actually will show up when you summon him. If you do not change this one, he simply won't appear and you will have to cancel the summon manually via menu.

The only chunk I have not found so far, is the one which determines if I can grab him or not. Thing is: he have the branded perk, and I found the chunk which determines the branded effect (glowing eyes and blue handprint on his face). He is not hostile to me when he appears, however, I cannot grab him and, therefore, can't give him any order.

I assume this is the last thing I need to find. I'll do it on this week and I think I will record a nice video showcasing everything, because, as you see, things can be complicated.

I also have no idea where the weapon and the name of the ork lies. I can get orks with crossbows wearing backpack with spears, but I don't know where the weapon is. And also I don't know the exact place of savegame, I was able to change the title of the ork. I did not do the additional tests (and I most likely will not, sorry), so I don't know if changing his title actually changes his voice/personality. Judging by the complex structure of the savegame, I assume that the answer is no.

But apart from the name, weapon, and, most likely, voice/personality, everything related to the ork's appearance is in the block I've located. I even pinpointed some chunks in this block (namely armguards, backpack, chestplate, head, helmet and skin color). Overall block is not that big and it is easy to locate, so if someone will be interested, he will finish this thing in no time. Shame I do not need it, because i've already fought my way through the grind to get the warchiefs I wanted.

Coming soon, overall. Thanks for your interest.

Top Bottom