.hack//G.U. Last Recode (Steam)

Nov 10, 2017
It has been my experience on volume 2 that the card script is bugged. I do not know how to edit it but at least on the ps2 version, the hex offset between volume 1 and 2 is -2. I'm not even sure if that script has been added to the volume 2 section of 1.7.5 yet or if it just cant find those pointers to run that section of the script.

Nov 10, 2017
the address for the bike race chim chims collected in volume 2 is 19d3c21cae0.
just confirmed that the pattern holds for equipment slots regarding alchemy.
equip slot 1
ability slot 3 = 19d3c2045ba
alchem slot = 19d3c2045bc I just made my ripper's blade a ripper's blade +5
I just found one of the skill slots for haseo! I can now add spells and whatnot to the character and i am currently working my way back to figure out which is address 1. once i do i will populate a list and i will post it!

EDIT<----- The addresses are dynamic for the skill slots so every time i crash the game tinkering with this i have to begin my search. If i set these up as pointers will it allow the game to find them going forward and how do i do this?

gabagool

What is cheating?
May 22, 2017
Figured out you can get more of the challenge me, hobby, and poetry card in volume 2 by resetting book 1and re leveling it over and over. Easy enough to do.

Nov 10, 2017
Eternallydissolved post_id=25271 time=1510963181 user_id=10308 said:
EDIT<----- The addresses are dynamic for the skill slots so every time i crash the game
Added skill editor and weapon alchemy level for vol.2(untested).
Once again the digits are taken from vol.3 so don't do anything stupid like adding TMG Skills.
Tell me if it works and in case the CE window hangs, try editing the value from The World R2 Title screen(worked in-game for me but idk).

Nov 10, 2017
If we could figure out what exactly causes the lag then we could make the table so much easier to use, but i know nothing about lua/memory editing to do anything like that.

Nov 10, 2017
Simzy post_id=25356 time=1511030690 user_id=10295 said:
If we could figure out what exactly causes the lag then we could make the table so much easier to use, but i know nothing about lua/memory editing to do anything like that.
Can you test this for volume 1 and 2? I've changed it back to load 90 slots for equipment and more for key items(it used to slow down CE before while "in-game") and it seems to be fine now but I'm not sure.

Nov 10, 2017
[quote="Silent Tom" post_id=25375 time=1511039205 user_id=10306]
Simzy post_id=25356 time=1511030690 user_id=10295 said:
Can you test this for volume 1 and 2? I've changed it back to load 90 slots for equipment and more for key items(it used to slow down CE before while "in-game") and it seems to be fine now but I'm not sure.
hackGU175_vol12_eqskills-test.CT
[/quote]

Tested both games and it seemed to work fine, no issues when changing amount for items or any other issues I noticed with the original.

TylerK

What is cheating?
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks, an equipment editor makes a lot of things less stressful, avoids the hassle of finding RNG items at guild shops!

Nov 10, 2017
The new version does not hang at all. there is one small issue though. When adding an item into your character an empty slot you can't because the drop down menu does not show up and even manually entering the item you want ie silad does not work because the item type is handled by the drop down menu. the original ps2 codes looked like this for equip slot 1 volume 2
Equipment Slot 1

Classification
00AC2004 000000?? <----- this sets the item type armor/weapon/accessory

Type
10AC2006 0000****

Ability 1
10AC2008 0000SSSS

Ability 2
10AC200A 0000SSSS

Ability 3
10AC200C 0000SSSS

It is not a major inconvenience however it would expedite being able to create custom armor sets if i did not need to make sure i have the correct number of corresponding equip types in my inventory.

I'm not sure if you can fix this or not but the character stats editor does not work for any of the characters. in the table that worked in volume 1, they were set up as pointers. the only things that were not set up that way i believe were the dynamic hp/sp. Max hp/sp were. if you wish to check how this was handled in 1.7.5 on volume 1 it may simplify the process. I have tried fixing it on my end and that was an utter and complete failure, but since i don't know anything about lua scripting it was a shot in the dark to begin with.

EDIT <-------- just found the pattern for the equip slot and it seems any unused slots are defaulting to a value of 2 which is for accessories
equip slot 1

1F01BE325A0 <----- equip type
1F01BE325A4 <------equip id
1F01BE325A6 <------ability id 1
1F01BE325A8 <------ability id 2
1F01BE325AA <------ability id 3
1F01BE325AC <------alchemized level

I have confirmed this 0-4-6-8-a-c pattern fits for all 90 item slots.

EDIT 2 <------- Overall it much better as i do not have to log out to enter values. I would love to see this experiment ported to volume 3 is possible. Once again Silent Tom Thank you!!!

Nov 10, 2017
Simzy post_id=25384 time=1511047474 user_id=10295 said:
Tested both games and it seemed to work fine, no issues when changing amount for items or any other issues I noticed with the original.
Thanks for testing it :)
Eternallydissolved post_id=25408 time=1511067958 user_id=10308 said:
*sigh* :shock:
I've already done all that, I already knew about alchemy level etc etc too when I edited the table. I just didn't remember which volume it was implemented on so I left it that way.

As for the equipment, if you browse through this thread, you'll notice I've mentioned all that before back on page 6 and I had added the equipment classification to the table before but I removed it afterwards.

The reason why I removed it was because of the dropdown list. Unlike items, the dropdown list for equipment changes depending on equipment type(since weapon, armor, accessories share the same equipment ids) so the list for equipment ids needs to be updated every time you(the user) changes equipment type field and idk how to repopulate the list in real time(like I said I know nothing about lua scripting).

So e.g. if your equip type = 0(weapon), then equip id 5 would be displayed as "Spin Locust" but if your equip type = 1(armor) then equip id 5 would be displayed "Sub Garment" on the list, meaning I have to remap the values each time the equipment type changes. For items, the list is only one and only needs to be mapped one time.

I had to choose whether to keep the list(but with no way to add new equipment from CE) or remove the list(less convenient) but able to add new equipment from CE.
I chose the former because it's more convenient for me that way(rather than refer to docs/readme for the ids) and if I want to add a new equipment, I can just buy some random junk and customize it.

Anyways, this is only meant to be a temporary table(for those who cannot wait) until someone(eventually and inevitably) comes with a better one.

ajip2

Novice Cheater
Mar 4, 2017
[quote="Silent Tom" post_id=25417 time=1511074519 user_id=10306]
Simzy post_id=25384 time=1511047474 user_id=10295 said:
Thanks for testing it :)
Eternallydissolved post_id=25408 time=1511067958 user_id=10308 said:
*sigh* :shock:
I've already done all that, I already knew about alchemy level etc etc too when I edited the table. I just didn't remember which volume it was implemented on so I left it that way.

As for the equipment, if you browse through this thread, you'll notice I've mentioned all that before back on page 6 and I had added the equipment classification to the table before but I removed it afterwards.

The reason why I removed it was because of the dropdown list. Unlike items, the dropdown list for equipment changes depending on equipment type(since weapon, armor, accessories share the same equipment ids) so the list for equipment ids needs to be updated every time you(the user) changes equipment type field and idk how to repopulate the list in real time(like I said I know nothing about lua scripting).

So e.g. if your equip type = 0(weapon), then equip id 5 would be displayed as "Spin Locust" but if your equip type = 1(armor) then equip id 5 would be displayed "Sub Garment" on the list, meaning I have to remap the values each time the equipment type changes. For items, the list is only one and only needs to be mapped one time.

I had to choose whether to keep the list(but with no way to add new equipment from CE) or remove the list(less convenient) but able to add new equipment from CE.
I chose the former because it's more convenient for me that way(rather than refer to docs/readme for the ids) and if I want to add a new equipment, I can just buy some random junk and customize it.

Anyways, this is only meant to be a temporary table(for those who cannot wait) until someone(eventually and inevitably) comes with a better one.
[/quote]

Why not make it like mine so you don't have to make slot list from 1-90

Sorry for my bad english

Nov 10, 2017
ajip2 post_id=25426 time=1511081387 user_id=662 said:
Why not make it like mine so you don't have to make slot list from 1-90

Sorry for my bad english
I didn't notice you updated your table :p (and I forgot to check it out before).
First off, I only edited the table, if I were to make one, I would've done it using aobscans/injection like you but I'm not really interested and I only did this because somebody was asking for help.

Also, I think it's easier this way(and it's more neat too) because you don't have to alt-tab and highlight each item/slot to make an edit.
Oh and I've just noticed your equipment list seems to only cover weapons, this may cause a confusion when someone changes the equipment type(the list won't match).

Link to ajip2's table in case anyone misses it.
Maybe you can update it for vol.2-4 as well(for the others)? I could modify the previous table for vol.3&4(a few minutes of work) but I'm not really interested(and I don't want to butcher someone else's table more than I already have :( ). And I'm still in vol.1 anyway lol.

Nov 10, 2017
snip? I do apologize for not testing your table right away but i did have to get some sleep. it was after 6 here when i saw your table posted. I truly do appreciate you taking the time out to make the table changes. I tested it and then posted what i saw as you requested. i tend to push things to the limit when testing them and with that, those 2 small issues are all i found. I am willing to learn the scripting myself but i honestly do not know where to begin. I do care for my disabled brother and he is a night owl so when i have been up since 10am and it is after 6am; I'm sure you can understand. every time i try editing the table within CE and save it as an edited version, it no longer works as it stops scanning for the new address'. what am i doing wrong? its like it loses all auto-execute functionality.

Nov 10, 2017
Eternallydissolved post_id=25433 time=1511086832 user_id=10308 said:
snip? I do apologize for not testing your table right away but i did have to get some sleep. it was after 6 here when i saw your table posted. I truly do appreciate you taking the time out to make the table changes. I tested it and then posted what i saw as you requested. i tend to push things to the limit when testing them and with that, those 2 small issues are all i found. I am willing to learn the scripting myself but i honestly do not know where to begin. I do care for my disabled brother and he is a night owl so when i have been up since 10am and it is after 6am; I'm sure you can understand. every time i try editing the table within CE and save it as an edited version, it no longer works as it stops scanning for the new address'. what am i doing wrong? its like it loses all auto-execute functionality.
No no, snip means this(why are you apologizing :eek: ??).
As for your 2 issues, I've already answered the first one in the previous post(inside the spoiler tag in case you missed it).
For the second issue(?) about character stats pointer/something? I only made small edits to the table, so I don't know anything about that one.

Mar 28, 2017
can i request, play time modifier , so in CRIMSON VS we not wait to long to battle and upgrade rank. Thanks

Nov 10, 2017
I honestly have never seen that term used before, so i figured i had offended you by asking for too much and being tardy to test the table. This is why i'm not a big user of texting on my phone; you can never quite gauge the emotion behind text! I had actually missed that about problem 1 and it seems we both are at a loss for the cause of issue number 2. at any rate, i can use the editor just fine by using my understanding of the pattern of the address'. I was hoping you would know more than i do about issue causing the table not to be able to save stat values. I tried to look at them comparatively but i cant even figure out which procedure call calls which function on this one. what i do know is that there are some offsets in the volume 1 table regarding the pointers for stats but i cannot find an offset that works thus far. There is also the matter of when i edit a table and save it, it loses all functionality. it literally becomes a list of static address's which is no longer valid once the game has restarted. should i be making these edits in another software besides CE?

FernandZero

What is cheating?
Nov 19, 2017
Would adding a damage and XP multiplier be too hard? I'd like to play the game with the "difficulty" of the original ones

Top Bottom