Far Cry 5 [Engine:Dunia Engine 2]

gir489

RCE Fanatics
Talents
May 8, 2017
I tried to work out how to bypass the intro, usually they just load a bunch of videos to disk, but the epilepsy warning and Dunia 2 portions are all rendered IN ENGINE! I guess this is done to cut down on translation costs? They just load in the locale file they need at runtime...

I tried skipping it, but the game just gets stuck at a black screen if I do.

You can however skip the AMD logo, since that is a video.

If you want to, change 5412AF4 byte from 74 to EB, that will always skip the AMD logo. I couldn't get it to skip the rest. They were VERY adamant about you watching this stupid fucking intro.

Here's notes on what I took for no intro if someone else wants to take a peek.
Code:
ui\pc\video\amd_logo.bik

.xcode:00000001858BACC0 GetAMDLogoVid   proc near               ; CODE XREF: j_GetAMDLogoVid
.xcode:00000001858BAD00                 mov     cs:amd_logo_location, rax

.sbss:0000000181398560 DoesAMDCheck    proc near               ; CODE XREF: sub_18138C6B0+47↑p
.sbss:000000018139857F                 jz      loc_1813989B2   ; Change to JMP to replace epilepsy warning with loading videos (Still unskippable).

jonasbeckman

Expert Cheater
May 6, 2017
Yeah SkipIntroMovies but the argument was disabled in Far Cry 4 after a "patch" and then it's stayed disabled for Primal and here in Far Cry 5, usually once there's a file unpacker and repacker it's possible to use patch.fat and patch.dat to add blanks and override the existing intro logos via that though it will break every time the game is updated and patch.fat and patch.dat is replaced with a newer version.
(Though it can just be packed up with the new files when that happens.)

Guessing those disclaimer notices are not going to be brute forced though, usually have to watch one or two before the ESC button starts doing it's job and skipping the barn logo videos that comes afterwards, occasional have to sit through the AMD one too as I assume it's loading something in the background.

EDIT: Since it's part of some other functions in the dll I wonder if the LUA script loader could work though, that might be possible if the functionality is still mostly there.

ActivePart
SkipIntroMovies
UseSoundEventOverride
LastRankUpNotifOnline
LastRankUpNotifOffline
ShowPVPTips
ShowPVPTimer
ShowPVPScorebar
ShowPVPPlayerTags
ShowPVPObituaryMessages
ShowPVPNotifications
ShowPVPMasterVoiceToggle
ShowPVPFactionPowerUpIcons
ShowPVPPlayerNames
PlayPVPIntroVideo
HasVisitedCoopMenu

It's also found a bit later in the file with these things.

starMatch_with_debugCameras 1
multi_SkipIntroMovie 3
StageDemo
cheat_GodMode 2
dbg_coopforceallowed 1
-exec
-execline
-loadsavegame
-numclients

But that might not be all too useful although a argument of 3 is interesting whatever it does.

EDIT: Something to test eventually I suppose, whether it's a cheat engine function or lua script as long as it works that's good enough. Replacing files is a bit of a extreme solution in comparison and would also conflict with patches of which there's probably going to be a few.

Mar 28, 2018
gir489 post_id=41914 time=1523338343 user_id=3979 said:
I tried to work out how to bypass the intro, usually they just load a bunch of videos to disk, but the epilepsy warning and Dunia 2 portions are all rendered IN ENGINE! I guess this is done to cut down on translation costs? They just load in the locale file they need at runtime...

I tried skipping it, but the game just gets stuck at a black screen if I do.

You can however skip the AMD logo, since that is a video.

If you want to, change 5412AF4 byte from 74 to EB, that will always skip the AMD logo. I couldn't get it to skip the rest. They were VERY adamant about you watching this stupid fucking intro.

Here's notes on what I took for no intro if someone else wants to take a peek.
Code:
ui\pc\video\amd_logo.bik

.xcode:00000001858BACC0 GetAMDLogoVid   proc near               ; CODE XREF: j_GetAMDLogoVid
.xcode:00000001858BAD00                 mov     cs:amd_logo_location, rax

.sbss:0000000181398560 DoesAMDCheck    proc near               ; CODE XREF: sub_18138C6B0+47↑p
.sbss:000000018139857F                 jz      loc_1813989B2   ; Change to JMP to replace epilepsy warning with loading videos (Still unskippable).
That's something that bothered me until i've read somewhere you can press ESC or if on a gamepad CIRCLE/B to skip through the videos faster. They still trigger though but if you press these buttons you'll skip through them. Instead of watching them entirely. Just keep spamming ESC or CIRCLE/B until the video skips. One thing to note though is that you must have a savegame. If you'd start the game for the first time or you delete your saves you have to watch the things entirely. After that you can skip as to the instructions.

Mar 28, 2018
SunBeam post_id=41934 time=1523360601 user_id=12587 said:
I can patch those in EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll ;)
Now that would be something nice. One version with the nointro and one without for those who'd like to have the option of choosing :)

headshot0052

Expert Cheater
May 8, 2017
which one is the updated version?there's many in the first post,pls,delete the old versions and just let the updated version,i download and did the right and the screen keeping flashing,the game keeping alt tab it self...

jonasbeckman

Expert Cheater
May 6, 2017
Should be the top one but now with the layout changes it's the last file, lowest download count helps track recent files and in this case it's also part of the file name using today's date of April 11th. :)

SunBeam

Trouble-Maker
Talents
Feb 4, 2018
which one is the updated version?there's many in the first post,pls,delete the old versions and just let the updated version,i download and did the right and the screen keeping flashing,the game keeping alt tab it self...
I specified the file name, didn't I? Fucking read. You just had to step in to try to make it monkey-simple for "busy" players like you who can't take time to read, n'est-ce pas?

Mar 28, 2018
A bug was discovered internally during testing. We're fixing it. Please don't download the new DLL until it's fixed.
I'd like to thank the both of you for all this work. Going to put it in the game now :D

If you can't find the file just press CTRL+F and paste this in the search bar that opens EasyAntiCheat_x64_20180411 It's the file that is being selected.

EDIT: Quoted the wrong person. Apologies.

Last edited:

STN

Pleb
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 2, 2017
I think words are very powerful too sometimes :D please no action he's ahead already

wzzp

What is cheating?
Apr 12, 2018
your fix worked. Thank you so much.
But! What about the cooperative? I can not connect to anyone. I'm sure that the problem is in fix. There is a solution?
Thank you for attention..

Top Bottom