Dragon Quest Heros 2

DrummerIX

RCE Fanatics
Talents
Fearless Donors
Mar 22, 2017
790
165
43
#81
Sorry for the long delay in getting to this, but I figured out how to edit the Additional Effects on Weapons, Orbs and Accessories. I added an Highlighted Item option in the Pointer section. When you view the item in game, it updates the pointer and you can then edit the Additional Effects and their power. I also have the Star Level for Accessories. Enjoy!

It's in the post on the first page of mine under EDIT 16.
 
Jul 9, 2017
28
0
1
#82
Thanks for the update.

Is there a way to make the edited effect permanent?

Right now the effects reset every time you close the game as far as l can tell. For example if l put HP + 10 on Metal King Sword and save the game then quit and re launch the game then the HP + 10 effect is gone once l load the save file.
 
May 1, 2017
13
0
1
#83
subeng post_id=29239 time=1514667785 user_id=7081 said:
Thanks for the update.

Is there a way to make the edited effect permanent?

Right now the effects reset every time you close the game as far as l can tell. For example if l put HP + 10 on Metal King Sword and save the game then quit and re launch the game then the HP + 10 effect is gone once l load the save file.
Unfortunately, confirmed. At least for weapons. It seems to stay on Orbs and Accessories though. I gave an effect to a pair of Iron Orbs on two different characters, as well as one to an accessory, and it seems to remain on those after loading a save game, but not their weapons. However, I also noticed I can't actually view the edited extra effects on orbs or accessories even though they're there according to the + modifer and Cheat Engine itself. >.>

Also, is there any way to edit a characters buffs/etc and their timers? Like if you want to give a character the divide status where they have copies following them around, or other effects?

Another question is since you can edit the effect on an weapon/orb/etc, has it be found how to change the weapon a character is equipped [or a shield for most of the non-main character] with to another they can't normally equip, etc?
 

DrummerIX

RCE Fanatics
Talents
Fearless Donors
Mar 22, 2017
790
165
43
#84
I suppose the game doesn't save changes to weapons effects because they are not supposed to have any perhaps. Not sure. They do store multiple copies of things in memory, but I use AOB to hook into the memory that should affect the correct one. At least it stays on orbs and accessories.

I was going to try giving this game another playthru or actually try to get my first playthru finished, but my new computer won't play the movies. I have a support ticket open, but not holding my breath they can fix my issue as they say support for this game is not very good. I'm not sure what other options I will work on, but maybe as I have time, I will try to find your requests.
 
May 1, 2017
13
0
1
#85
Well on the subject of the weapons, there are the "Uber" and "Giga" versions of weapons, which can have up to "+3" and three modifiers/effects [usually minor stat boosts or skill/spell damage boosts], and those are kept during saving and loading, so maybe that can be a clue to how to fix it? I'm only guessing on this one though. Maybe you can't edit the first three "effect" slots on weapons and expect them to keep due to them being "reserved" for those effects specfically? Again, just a guess though. x.x
 
Jul 9, 2017
28
0
1
#86
Hey , l finally know how to make effects on weapons permanent.

You have to use exactly the same affect as the ones available on Uber Weapons which are.

Attack + 1 - 5

Ability Damage + 1 - 5

Spell Damage + 1 - 5

Deftness + 1 - 5

Magic Might + 1 - 5


All above effects will stay on your weapons even if you load your save file. Nothing else will work.

Cheers.
 

DrummerIX

RCE Fanatics
Talents
Fearless Donors
Mar 22, 2017
790
165
43
#87
I found some more options for the Highlighted Item portion. I now allow you to edit the base stat for Weapons and Orbs and also the Base Effect. Weapons, Orbs and Shields seem to only have the one effect you can have (at least that's all I figured out). Shields don't have a base stat that I know of. As far as Weapons and Additional Effects, the code that resets these if they are not specific ones runs as soon as you start the game. I did put in an option in the Enable that disables it for the rest of the time the game is open, but once you close completely and come back it will reset the additional effects right at the startup of the game.

Without editing the EXE, I'm not sure anything can be done about it.
 
May 1, 2017
13
0
1
#88
Minor "bug": "Base Stat 1" doesn't seem to properly affect Magical Might [for Wands and Heavy Wands]. It seems to instead refer to the Orb's Base Stat address for some reason. Also, Is there a way to change what TYPE of stat "Base Stat 1" is affecting in the first place?
 

DrummerIX

RCE Fanatics
Talents
Fearless Donors
Mar 22, 2017
790
165
43
#89
MingShaoMonk post_id=29850 time=1515641930 user_id=3792 said:
Minor "bug": "Base Stat 1" doesn't seem to properly affect Magical Might [for Wands and Heavy Wands]. It seems to instead refer to the Orb's Base Stat address for some reason. Also, Is there a way to change what TYPE of stat "Base Stat 1" is affecting in the first place?
I fixed the issue with Base Stat 1 and wands and heavy wands. I also worked out how to edit the base effects of accessories in this update (16.6).
 

giftomo

What is cheating?
Jan 12, 2018
1
0
1
#90
My game crashes every time I try to run anything with this table,no matter what. After ticking enable and going to anything... Items,alchemy upgrades, proficiency (crashes at first travel or first attack to enemy).

All I really want working is prof + # enemies killed. Can find values myself fine for medals,money,single item quantity and trainers work, but something compat wise is wrong trying to use this.

Is there something special I need to do to get it working? Does it not run under the DQH2.exe as process? I run the game, click the table icon, asks me if I want to load CT and I do. Standard practice, but SOL. Any advice?
 

DrummerIX

RCE Fanatics
Talents
Fearless Donors
Mar 22, 2017
790
165
43
#91
giftomo post_id=29918 time=1515738641 user_id=12041 said:
My game crashes every time I try to run anything with this table,no matter what. After ticking enable and going to anything... Items,alchemy upgrades, proficiency (crashes at first travel or first attack to enemy).

All I really want working is prof + # enemies killed. Can find values myself fine for medals,money,single item quantity and trainers work, but something compat wise is wrong trying to use this.

Is there something special I need to do to get it working? Does it not run under the DQH2.exe as process? I run the game, click the table icon, asks me if I want to load CT and I do. Standard practice, but SOL. Any advice?
You do own the Steam version, right? My guess is it's different version.
 
Jul 9, 2017
28
0
1
#92
Hey , thanks for the update.

BTW , l found that the party exp and skill point code cannot edit the Hero/Heroin other job other than the first one (Warrior).

Can you add exp and skill point code for the other job as well? The value for exp and skill point for the other job is a few bytes after the warrior one for each character. Right now l manually editing them by using the "browsing this memory region" option l want to add them codes to the table but l don't know how. lol
 
May 1, 2017
13
0
1
#93
Updates have been nice here.

Though I suppose I still want to ask if it'll be possible to change the exact weapons/shields/etc that each character has in their equipment slots, as well as being able to change their equipped skills and what not in the same way [like so a character can use skills or weapons they can't usually equip]. o.o
 
Jul 9, 2017
28
0
1
#94
They probably don't have any attack animation for the weapons they normally can't equip l think.
 
Top Bottom