Ask me anything

gir489

RCE Fanatics
Talents
May 8, 2017
TheyCallMeTim13 post_id=31759 time=1518019324 user_id=91 said:
I'm pretty sure that the episode was about growing up, not living in the past and missing what's here and now kinda thing. The monologue near the end from the Dad character kinda says this exactly, but it's art so what you take from it will tend to be suggestive.

But what you're saying is if I want to do some thing or I'm "good" at it (not really sure how to measure that, being so suggestive), then I should just do it to my hearts content even if it conflicts with others and their wishes or needs? So if I'm a good hit man then I should just kill because I'm "good" at it? And your use of "purpose" in your last statement seems to imply that you think you have some higher purpose other than just being some random animal?
The plot was about a man who missed the era of his childhood, but the dad character implied that he doesn't belong there. Once he got his impossible wish, he found that it didn't solve his problem, he had to find a way of finding happiness in the present.

You're missing the point, you're using a straw-man argument, always jumping to killing and murder to disprove a point. But I'll take your stupid fucking argument and run with it.

If a soldier is good at killing, let him kill the enemy. I was a very useful tool for the US government for a long time, I felt that if I used my hacking and exploit engineering powers "for good" that somehow I'd feel better about it. All it really did was absolve all my past crimes with the US government, and got me a fresh start, but it didn't make me feel better about what I was doing. Purpose is self-defining. You asked the question of what purpose or direction humans should go, you should answer it.

TheyCallMeTim13

Wiki Monster
Talents
Fearless Donors
Mar 3, 2017
gir489 post_id=31760 time=1518020494 user_id=3979 said:
gir489 post_id=31752 time=1518012810 user_id=3979 said:
...It demonstrates the constant inner struggle of humanity to be something we're not...
TheyCallMeTim13 post_id=31759 time=1518019324 user_id=91 said:
I'm pretty sure that the episode was about growing up, not living in the past and missing what's here and now kinda thing. The monologue near the end from the Dad character kinda says this exactly, but it's art so what you take from it will tend to be suggestive.
The plot was about a man who missed the era of his childhood, but the dad character implied that he doesn't belong there. Once he got his impossible wish, he found that it didn't solve his problem, he had to find a way of finding happiness in the present.
Yeah, that's basically what I was saying.

You're missing the point, you're using a straw-man argument, always jumping to killing and murder to disprove a point. But I'll take your stupid fucking argument and run with it.

If a soldier is good at killing, let him kill the enemy. I was a very useful tool for the US government for a long time, I felt that if I used my hacking and exploit engineering powers "for good" that somehow I'd feel better about it. All it really did was absolve all my past crimes with the US government, and got me a fresh start, but it didn't make me feel better about what I was doing...
So you tried to "feel better about your self" (which is kind of a funny statement when you really look at it), and failed, and it's the US government's fault, or is this just an example of the very point I was trying to make?

Purpose is self-defining. You asked the question of what purpose or direction humans should go, you should answer it.
Yes some thing as subjective as the concept behind the English word "Purpose" can really only be answered by the one who asked it.

TheyCallMeTim13

Wiki Monster
Talents
Fearless Donors
Mar 3, 2017
And Just to be clear, I never said any thing about purpose, you did.

Some of my views:
There is no purpose.
We're just here, and now (but may be not even now).
There is no point.
Life is just a seemingly endless struggle for survival with lots of cool stuff in between.
Doing some thing external to "feel better about your self" is silly, when it's you that "feels" any thing about/for "your self".

gir489

RCE Fanatics
Talents
May 8, 2017
This isn't' debate class, this is ask me questions. Take your shit agenda somewhere else. You can fuck right off with that.

Go be wrong somewhere else.

TheyCallMeTim13

Wiki Monster
Talents
Fearless Donors
Mar 3, 2017
gir489 post_id=31770 time=1518025963 user_id=3979 said:
This isn't' debate class, this is ask me questions. Take your shit agenda somewhere else. You can fuck right off with that.

Go be wrong somewhere else.
I was asking questions, and have no "agenda", never cared for debate class (pointless), and simply responded to what you said/asked. As with most conversations, this was always just a discussion for me. But I can see where a person can become emotional with the given subject matter, and it can be hard to tell with no body language to read. And I only listed my views because it seemed like you felt I had said that people have purpose and also added some extra just to be clear in own discussion (miscommunication is common).

EDIT:
I don't want to make enemies, I just want to converse with people.

gir489

RCE Fanatics
Talents
May 8, 2017
I don't read half the shit you write, because you're clearly here to wage battle, crusader. Make your responses succinct or go away. Fucking half your posts is quotes. It's ridiculous.

TheyCallMeTim13

Wiki Monster
Talents
Fearless Donors
Mar 3, 2017
gir489 post_id=31779 time=1518031722 user_id=3979 said:
I don't read half the shit you write, because you're clearly here to wage battle, crusader. Make your responses succinct or go away. Fucking half your posts is quotes. It's ridiculous.
You don't read, but respond only. That's good to know, thank you.

SunBeam

Trouble-Maker
Talents
Feb 4, 2018
Looks like someone pissed gir489 off *tsk tsk tsk* :D I should make my own "ask me anything" topic, cuz I am important too ;)

@gir489: Do you think SunBeam is awesome?

marek1957

Expert Cheater
Dec 16, 2017
Can you hack Asphalt StreetStorm or Sniper Fury games? Games from Gameloft, you can install them from Microsoft Store.

teinousi

Expert Cheater
Mar 29, 2017
Rules are simple. Ask me anything. Questions will be answered ad hoc.

-> who is the second 911 ?

SunBeam

Trouble-Maker
Talents
Feb 4, 2018
I think the tiny bit of spark he got flamed up for this topic has long died. He won't be replying anymore :) Sigh, we lost another knowledgeable member to sarcasm and irony. Hope he finds another way to escape his boredom :)

sportled

Expert Cheater
May 18, 2017
SunBeam post_id=33883 time=1519486150 user_id=12587 said:
I think the tiny bit of spark he got flamed up for this topic has long died. He won't be replying anymore :) Sigh, we lost another knowledgeable member to sarcasm and irony. Hope he finds another way to escape his boredom :)
+1 lol that is the best reply ever XD

Top Bottom