Free Fly Camera Hack Tutorial

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
CELover
Noobzor
Noobzor

Free Fly Camera Hack Tutorial

Post by CELover »

Anybody in this forum know how to do this? I having hard time finding a tutorial for it. If anybody would be so kind to teach me or at least lead me to a post that teach me how to do it.

predprey
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Free Fly Camera Hack Tutorial

Post by predprey »

The first thing to do is to statically analyze the executable for any relevant strings that might point to a free fly camera being built into the game engine for developer use already. Then work your way backwards from there to figure out how to enable that developer function. Should be standard for any AAA games using popular engines like UE4, CryEngine or Frostbite etc.

The worst case scenario is that the entire developer console and any associated functions have already all been taken out from the retail build, then you would have to find where the camera and player coordinates are, delink any movement functions from moving the character, then disable any boundary checking and physics for noclip and free fly.

CELover
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by CELover »

predprey wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:01 am
The first thing to do is to statically analyze the executable for any relevant strings that might point to a free fly camera being built into the game engine for developer use already. Then work your way backwards from there to figure out how to enable that developer function. Should be standard for any AAA games using popular engines like UE4, CryEngine or Frostbite etc.

The worst case scenario is that the entire developer console and any associated functions have already all been taken out from the retail build, then you would have to find where the camera and player coordinates are, delink any movement functions from moving the character, then disable any boundary checking and physics for noclip and free fly.
I see. How do you analyze the executable anyway? What program to use?

thethiny
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by thethiny »

CELover wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:44 am
Bruh open cheat engine, move around and scan for float values. Start with unknown initial value, and increase/decrease depending on if you go right/left or up/down. Until you end up with a few values. Freeze them until you find the one, and work your way from there.

If the game has Nvidia Ansel support then that's even easier, you can use ansel's camera.

predprey
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by predprey »

CELover wrote:
predprey wrote:

IDA if you have access to it, else OllyDbg for 32bit apps and x64dbg for 64bit apps. Then search for all referenced strings and slowly go through the entire list.

CELover
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by CELover »

predprey wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:10 am
CELover wrote:
predprey wrote:

IDA if you have access to it, else OllyDbg for 32bit apps and x64dbg for 64bit apps. Then search for all referenced strings and slowly go through the entire list.
I see alright. Thanks for the help

Cake-san
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Cake-san »

You can also use CE to search for referenced string (run Dissect code first). To me it's much easier than using IDA to find U/GObject in unreal engine game... :roll:

predprey
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by predprey »

Cake-san wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:10 pm
You can also use CE to search for referenced string (run Dissect code first). To me it's much easier than using IDA to find U/GObject in unreal engine game... :roll:
not sure if its placebo but dissect code seems to take much longer than an analysis pass in IDA so i always close dissect code before it finishes out of impatience. might be due to the bloated den*vo executables too, since i don't use dissect code much and everytime i used it might have been coincidentally with den*vo protected games giving me the false impressions that it is slower than IDA scanning