Octopath Traveler (Steam)

D

DrummerIX

RCE Fanatics
Fearless Donors
Talents
Reaction score
I added Enemy Battle Pointers and some Enemy Scripts as well as updated TheByteSize's scripts with his updates in EDIT 7 of my table.

W

weird032

Novice Cheater
Reaction score
DrummerIX said:
I added Enemy Battle Pointers and some Enemy Scripts as well as updated TheByteSize's scripts with his updates in EDIT 7 of my table.
Wow you actually beat cheat happens. There is a request thread over there and you just did it.

I wish I know how to update tables because this is really top-notch and a waste if it will be updated.

D

DrummerIX

RCE Fanatics
Fearless Donors
Talents
Reaction score
Square Enix usually doesn't update games that much, but it should not be a problem to keep the table updated if it does. Mostly updating 3 base pointers should work.

D

djbb

Noobzor
Reaction score
weird032 said:
Wow you actually beat cheat happens. There is a request thread over there and you just did it.

I wish I know how to update tables because this is really top-notch and a waste if it will be updated.
Yeah, I was on e of the requester over there. they're purposely left it alone.. as a long time member i'm a bit disappointed. They're very defensive against any complaints. I've seen it too many times.

XRizerX

XRizerX

Cheater
Reaction score
djbb said:
weird032 said:

Yeah, I was on e of the requester over there. they're purposely left it alone.. as a long time member i'm a bit disappointed. They're very defensive against any complaints. I've seen it too many times.
DrummerXI ripped them apart with this table, it's fucking incredible and does everything you want and need and then some. It's not like this game is ever getting updated on steam anyway, it's running flawlessly and just like it does on Switch.

I requested the trainer for Octopath at Cheat Happens figuring with a crack team of guys they could easily get this done but instead they opted for some cop-out options to just make your characters temporarily stronger so you could brute force your way through all the battles... it's lazy garbage. Where's the customization options or time saving stuff? Not to mention, no JP, XP, Leaves or Item modifiers... in a jRPG game? That's a bit of a joke really.

I made a post over there and the one programmer cried and said he/she wanted to retire the trainer because of my comment. LOL

I mean, relax there bud, you're providing a service, and if your service is shit, we as customers have a right to complain about it being shit, instead they threaten you with bans if you're too out of line, or mention "cheat engine" LOL like it's some big secret.

Honestly, I think it's just because they realized that 100 dollars for a life time membership wasn't enough money. Not a lot of people are dumb enough to be duped to purchase Lifetime+ memberships, so they're scrambling to pump out as many low quality trainers as they can just to say they fulfilled their obligation.

Either way, they dropped the ball on this game because it wasn't some Triple A mainstream game... that's all it boils down to. Most of their stuff is good but their trainer for Octo SUCKS.

I

ikarius

What is cheating?
Reaction score
XP/JP multipliers - either from the base scripts or TheByteSize scripts are not working at all on my system, and I did not try to enable them before the game was active.

Also, "one-hit enemies" seems to not find the back-leftmost enemy.

D

DrummerIX

RCE Fanatics
Fearless Donors
Talents
Reaction score
I assumed a maximum of 5 enemies. Maybe there is 6. Right click the option and choose Change Script.

Where you see the line local NumEnemies = 5, change the 5 to a 6 and let me know if that fixes it.

D

djbb

Noobzor
Reaction score
yeap, the bottom left enemy gets left unedited by the script.

for the exp/jp multiplier, i find it won't work in the first battle, then i just open up the status of each characters and usually the next battles the exp/jp will be multiplied

I

ikarius

What is cheating?
Reaction score
I've had one-hit enemies not affect one enemy on a group of 3. It's extremely consistent in not affecting one enemy.

Looking at the code, there are specific offsets added to the detected enemies. I'm not sure how adding one more to the numEnemies will affect that, unless we're dealing with empty records based on positions? I'll give it a try.

D

DrummerIX

RCE Fanatics
Fearless Donors
Talents
Reaction score
I put in a fix I think will work. Let me know if it doesn't.

I

ikarius

What is cheating?
Reaction score
Thank you very much- that appears to have fixed one-hit enemies. Any ideas about the JP/XP multipliers?

D

DrummerIX

RCE Fanatics
Fearless Donors
Talents
Reaction score
Those work for me. They don't show in battle screen but still work. You have to fight 2 battles for it to show up and give you levels.

D

djbb

Noobzor
Reaction score
don't forget to change the multiplier value, the default is 5x which is almost the same as not using multiplier lol. i usually change the value to 100 to 500 depends on how quick i want to level up.

Kikokage

Kikokage

Noobzor
Reaction score
there is some chance to make Therion steal action 100% success? Thanks, great work!!

Leoneros

Leoneros

Noobzor
Reaction score
It's already in there.

Look under the section "Scripts By TheByteSize", it's named "Easy Check for Field Commands (Steal, Scrutinize, Inquire)" and for me it always sets the result for thieving at 100% (not so for scrutinize and inquire but these are not the most important).

P

plplasd123

What is cheating?
Reaction score
I enabled the TheByteSize script to 100% Scrutinize,Inquire and steal, but no one worked with my game, I still failed to steal items with 3%. So did the inquire. The other things in this table worked fine with it. Thank you for the table!

C

cc12138030

What is cheating?
Reaction score
Same thing happens for me. The out of combat scripts for steal/scrutinize don't work.

S

Sweetez

What is cheating?
Reaction score
just enable unrandomizer while Scrutinize and steal and disabled after or in combat.

P

plplasd123

What is cheating?
Reaction score
Actually I did and nothing changed with me

sabin1981

sabin1981

Cheater
Reaction score
plplasd123 said:
I enabled the TheByteSize script to 100% Scrutinize,Inquire and steal, but no one worked with my game, I still failed to steal items with 3%. So did the inquire. The other things in this table worked fine with it. Thank you for the table!
cc12138030 said:
Same thing happens for me. The out of combat scripts for steal/scrutinize don't work.
For what it's worth; the table is working fine here - I have had, so far!, no troubles using the out-of-combat 100% Path Action script. Every Steal chance is locked at 100% and nothing has failed. How I did it;

*Load CE & game.
*At title screen, attach to process and activate the main script and wait. On my end it takes a while before it "activates" and it looks like CE has frozen, just wait. Don't activate anything else yet.
*Once the main script is ticked and ready, load your save.
*When you're in game, alt-tab back to table and activate your cheat scripts.

So far I've only used EXP/JP multiplier (3x EXP and 5x JP) along with Easy Check for Field Commands --- and all 3 cheats work absolutely perfectly on the most recent build of the game. Fantastic work by DrummerIX/TheByteSize and everyone else involved.. thank you! <3