Octopath Traveler (Steam)

P

Pur

Expert Cheater
Dunno if someone reported it, but there's a bug with the table in which one hit kill doesn't work if there are more than three enemies on the screen. It will kill 3 enemies but remaining ones are uneffected.

H

hobotock

What is cheating?
100% Steal, Scrutinize and Inquire didnt work for me, any requirement for this to work??

I

Icirian

Novice Cheater
bytesize table doesn't work atm, Not really understanding his code... don't know how to approach a fix... Help

J

JamIsJam88

What is cheating?
I closed the list of all the items when I first loaded the script. How do I view that list again? Lol sorry for the noob question!

D

DrummerIX

RCE Fanatics
Fearless Donors
Talents
It loads them up every time you Enable.

If you deleted them, then just re-download the table here.

J

JamIsJam88

What is cheating?
DrummerIX said:

Ah okay. It's not loading anymore. I should have just re-downloaded before asking lol. Thanks man!

J

JamIsJam88

What is cheating?
DrummerIX said:

Hmm I re-downloaded it and restarted my computer. The list isn't popping up when I open the script. Do you have a link to the list by chance?

I open:
- CE
- OT
- Main menu of OT I select process and open the script
- Load game
- Activate and enable script

D

DrummerIX

RCE Fanatics
Fearless Donors
Talents
It loads it into the drop downs for items. You can look there. To see the list in text format, you can select change script on the Enable and it will be in the code there.

S

Shirokaido

Expert Cheater
For those struggling with the Steal, Scrutinize, Inquire code like I am, here's the long way around:
-Enter a town
-Do an exact search for 25
-Go Steal (or otherwise) until you fail; it should say you have 4 attempts left
-Search 20
-Only one result? Good, lock it, skip to last step.
-More than one result? Try to Steal again until you fail again, should say you have 3 attempts left
-Search 15
-Now you should only have one left, lock the address
-With the address locked, you can attempt the Steal or otherwise until you finally succeed! Not as great as instant success, but definitely much quicker than save scumming.

TL;DR: Reputation is in increments of 5, with 25 being full reputation and 0 being, well, none. Search for the current address and lock it. Then you can try until the cows come home.

NOTE: I doubt these are static addresses, so you'll likely have to redo this every time you boot the game.

J

JamIsJam88

What is cheating?
DrummerIX said:
It loads it into the drop downs for items. You can look there. To see the list in text format, you can select change script on the Enable and it will be in the code there.
Okay great! Found it! Thanks again.

I tried adding a weapon but after I equip it and leave that menu, the stats of my character changes back to it's standard values as if it isn't equipped. Are the stats applied but just not visible, am I not activating something properly, or because I shouldn't have that item yet, the stats won't apply?

J

JamIsJam88

What is cheating?
DrummerIX said:
Thanks so much for the help man. I can see how much work and time you put into this! All the best.

IFireflyl

IFireflyl

Expert Cheater
Shirokaido said:
For those struggling with the Steal, Scrutinize, Inquire code like I am, here's the long way around:
-Enter a town
-Do an exact search for 25
-Go Steal (or otherwise) until you fail; it should say you have 4 attempts left
-Search 20
-Only one result? Good, lock it, skip to last step.
-More than one result? Try to Steal again until you fail again, should say you have 3 attempts left
-Search 15
-Now you should only have one left, lock the address
-With the address locked, you can attempt the Steal or otherwise until you finally succeed! Not as great as instant success, but definitely much quicker than save scumming.

TL;DR: Reputation is in increments of 5, with 25 being full reputation and 0 being, well, none. Search for the current address and lock it. Then you can try until the cows come home.

NOTE: I doubt these are static addresses, so you'll likely have to redo this every time you boot the game.
Just an FYI, the steal script appears to work properly IF you click the Unrandomizer box. It'll still show as whatever percentage (3%, 8%,55%, etcetera), but it works 100% of the time with Unrandomizer enabled.

R

Ronimow

What is cheating?
anyone knows how to use exp multiplier? it somehow doesn't work

G

gorgeous1223

What is cheating?
Thanks for the CT! Tried and it's really useful.
Wanna ask if anyone has the same situation when using OneHitKillEnemy, the effect only applies on the first 3 enemies, the fourth one still smiles with full health.

S

Shirokaido

Expert Cheater
Just an FYI, the steal script appears to work properly IF you click the Unrandomizer box. It'll still show as whatever percentage (3%, 8%,55%, etcetera), but it works 100% of the time with Unrandomizer enabled.
Oh snap, that's legit. Tho, it's worth noting, as it's Unrandomizer, everything else relying on RNG also gets frozen. So that includes enemies chosen for each encounter (could be used to farm Caits), turn order, attack patterns, etc. So maybe only use it to clear a town, then turn it back off, unless farming Caits is what you're looking to do.