Advice to Starting in scripting?

Romans96

Romans96

Novice Cheater
Joined
Sep 4, 2018
Messages
16
Hello! I like so much programming and i know from a several time CheatEngine.
But i'm so curious, how can i script some of the tables that are in this forum? How can i read the memory from where i start to script that thing (for exemple the inf health, that it's not a displayble number?

Thank you
 
J

JohnFK

Expert Cheater
Joined
Aug 29, 2017
Messages
52
You may start with learning the assembly language (dont worry, basics only). Once you know the basics all scripts will become much more clear and you will be able to write some basic scripts yourself too.

https://www.tutorialspoint.com/assembly_programming/
 
TheyCallMeTim13

TheyCallMeTim13

Enchanter
Staff member
Administrator
Fearless Donors
Talents
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
1,792
Romans96 said:
Hello! I like so much programming and i know from a several time CheatEngine.
But i'm so curious, how can i script some of the tables that are in this forum? How can i read the memory from where i start to script that thing (for exemple the inf health, that it's not a displayble number?

Thank you
Google will be your best friend, for learning this stuff.

But you can check the CE Wiki.
https://wiki.cheatengine.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Or here at the forum.
Generic Tutorials

Finding Values - Integers
Finding Values - Floats

Auto Assembler Basics
Auto Assembler Templates

Code Injection - Basic
Code Injection - Full

But keep in mind none of this above is Lua.
CE Lua Basics
 
Romans96

Romans96

Novice Cheater
Joined
Sep 4, 2018
Messages
16
TheyCallMeTim13 said:
Romans96 said:
Hello! I like so much programming and i know from a several time CheatEngine.
But i'm so curious, how can i script some of the tables that are in this forum? How can i read the memory from where i start to script that thing (for exemple the inf health, that it's not a displayble number?

Thank you
Google will be your best friend, for learning this stuff.

But you can check the CE Wiki.
https://wiki.cheatengine.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Or here at the forum.
Generic Tutorials

Finding Values - Integers
Finding Values - Floats

Auto Assembler Basics
Auto Assembler Templates

Code Injection - Basic
Code Injection - Full

But keep in mind none of this above is Lua.
CE Lua Basics
Oh yes i searched, and maybe i see now that i make the post in the wrong category. I'm searching (and want to learn) for the Tables Learning, like the tables are in this forum, for game, so i think it is the Code Injection.

I tried it now with tutorials here, on the wiki, and from video, but some script that are here are completely different. I tried also one for a game but it crashes also if it is similar to the tutorials example

Thank you
 
TheyCallMeTim13

TheyCallMeTim13

Enchanter
Staff member
Administrator
Fearless Donors
Talents
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
1,792
Romans96 said:
...
Oh yes i searched, and maybe i see now that i make the post in the wrong category. I'm searching (and want to learn) for the Tables Learning, like the tables are in this forum, for game, so i think it is the Code Injection.

I tried it now with tutorials here, on the wiki, and from video, but some script that are here are completely different. I tried also one for a game but it crashes also if it is similar to the tutorials example

Thank you
For the most part you'll want to learn assembly (ASM) and see the processor's documentation, but CE also adds some useful stuff.
Intel manual:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/64-ia-32-architectures-software-developer-vol-2a-manual.html
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/64-ia-32-architectures-software-developer-vol-2b-manual.html

ASM:
https://wiki.cheatengine.org/index.php?title=Assembler:Commands
http://www.felixcloutier.com/x86/

CE Auto Assembler:
https://wiki.cheatengine.org/index.php?title=Auto_Assembler:Commands

And for anything you can't figure out, you can post the script (inside code blocks, i.e.:
Code:
) in the General Gamehacking section (or were the table is posted) asking any questions about what's going on in the script.
 
Top