Monster Hunter World Modded Armor and Decorations

talran

talran

Noobzor
Eternal,
are you setting your line length to the proper length of the records? It should be 65 for melee weps and 68 for ranged weps! That should help you visualize the data better. And as far as figuring out values that we haven't already put down.... trial and error is how I do it! >:D

Also, I figured out how dual blades get dual element, and I don't think it'll carry over to other weapons as it's based around the 1C offset field which seems to change depending on the wepon (like it being kinsect bonus for rod!)

E

Eternallydissolved

Expert Cheater
talran said:
Eternal,
are you setting your line length to the proper length of the records? It should be 65 for melee weps and 68 for ranged weps! That should help you visualize the data better. And as far as figuring out values that we haven't already put down.... trial and error is how I do it! >:D

Also, I figured out how dual blades get dual element, and I don't think it'll carry over to other weapons as it's based around the 1C offset field which seems to change depending on the wepon (like it being kinsect bonus for rod!)

how would i go about setting the line length in hex workshop? also good to know about the dual element for dual blades. i wonder what it does for the other weapon classes!

talran

talran

Noobzor
Figured out how sharpness works a bit!

Edit: You can drag near the top row to change how far the bar goes over, but I really prefer HxD personally (you can just type it in there)!

E

Eternallydissolved

Expert Cheater
talran said:

Edit: You can drag near the top row to change how far the bar goes over, but I really prefer HxD personally (you can just type it in there)!
how far over do i need to drag it to correctly visualize the data?

talran

talran

Noobzor
Til the header column reads 40 for melee weapons, and 43 for ranged weapons. You'll notice cause there'll be a bunch of columns with FF FF in them lined up toward the beginning of each record.

E

Envy

Cheater
Eternallydissolved said:
would it be possible to get an overview for greatsword, bow, dual blades and the bowguns (light and heavy) and maybe charge blade?
Yeah for sure talran and i are working on a sheet for every weapon.
talran said:

I found the columns for this too ( 1A-1B ) are for sharpness

Furthermore i tested a bit more and found out what the 28 column does. Its for unlocking sockets. So you can put gems in the weapons.

I will edit my table and the spreadsheet with more weapons if i dont fall asleep
Eternallydissolved said:
I am trying to follow @envy's work with the insect glave and i am utterly and completely lost. i am having problems finding the offsets so i am wondering if i am even looking in the right file, he listed a rod.wp file, so that is what im looking in at the moment. i have very limited experience hex editing, and zero experience finding the offsets and values i need without knowing exactly what i am looking for and even then, im so raw at this that it is highly unlikely i will be able to do anything with it, so i am going to need some education in this particular technique. also, since sharpness can be changed, we are missing 2 stats defined in the files, sharpness quality, and sharpness cap which according to the guys making the cheat table, quality caps at 118 decimal, and cap caps at 8 which would be the same, hex or dec.
I dont have any experience too it was just testing with values and i found out where the sharpness values are.
I'm currently editing my table

talran

talran

Noobzor
The second sharpness field is the total bar length, and then the first bar is how it's composed, which seems to be some black magic fuckery... 27 is the best one I've found so far for that

E

Eternallydissolved

Expert Cheater
talran said:
The second sharpness field is the total bar length, and then the first bar is how it's composed, which seems to be some black magic fuckery... 27 is the best one I've found so far for that
35 and 89 in dec 23 and 59 hex are the best ones i have found on the cheat table as it caps out at 118 for composition, and 8 for length i will test it now as thanks to you two i have at least managed to edit catastrophe's light successfully; so i thank you both!

Edit<-----It works as i thought it would so you can test using cheat engine in dec, find the best value and then convert to hex and input as normal.

F

Freschu

What is cheating?
I looked at the armor.am_dat file a bit longer and figured out a few more things about it's structure. Also note that I'm including Idlehands88's findings here for completeness sake:
2 bytes: Some file type identifier possibly
2 bytes: number of total entries in file (1305 currently)

Entry structure, 60 bytes repeated 1305 times:

2 bytes: possibly a grouping ID (range 0x00 to 0x07)?
2 bytes: index of entry
4 bytes: ?
1 byte: variant (alpha/beta)
3 bytes: ?
1 byte: Equip slot (0x00: head, 0x01: chest, 0x02: arms, 0x03: waist, 0x04: legs, 0x05: charm)
2 bytes: unsigned int, defense (yes you can have 65535 defense)
2 bytes: MainID
2 bytes: SecondaryID
1 byte: no idea, but armor pieces have 0x00 and charms range from 0x00 to 0x08
2 bytes: ?
1 byte: rarity
4 bytes: unsigned int, crafting cost
1 byte: signed, fire resistance
1 byte: signed, water resistance
1 byte: signed, ice resistance
1 byte: signed, thunder resistance
1 byte: signed, dragon resistance
1 byte: num gem slots
1 byte: gem slot1 level
1 byte: gem slot2 level
1 byte: gem slot3 level
2 bytes: set skill 1 ID
1 byte: set skill 1 level
2 bytes: set skill 2 ID
1 byte: set skill 2 level
2 bytes: skill 1 ID
1 byte: skill 1 level
2 bytes: skill 2 ID
1 byte: skill 2 level
2 bytes: skill 3 ID
1 byte: skill 3 level
1 byte: no idea, but ranges from 0x00 to 0x03
8 bytes: ?
Thanks to Idlehands88! Hope this helps!

talran

talran

Noobzor
Nice job fleshing that out!

E

Envy

Cheater
-- moved my things to my own thread since i dont want to spam in this one --

E

Envy

Cheater
-- moved my things to my own thread since i dont want to spam in this one --

E

Eternallydissolved

Expert Cheater
Man that is some serious obfuscation from logical order in that armor file, conventional wisdom would place the hex for the xeno jiiva set bonus as 0x009103 for maxing it on one piece, where as it is actually 0x910003; interesting to say the least!

B

BastyTH

Cheater
are there pink, purple sharpness ?
i would like to have maxed jewel slots and argument slots only. maybe sharpness. DS need more ele dmg by 100+10%.

E

Envy

Cheater
BastyTH said:
are there pink, purple sharpness ?
Nope white is the highest to get atm in Monster Hunter World.
BastyTH said:
i would like to have maxed jewel slots and argument slots only. maybe sharpness. DS need more ele dmg by 100+10%.
Since this is a bigger request, i cant do it atm but you can do it by yourself following my table instructions. I can hand you a clean Dual Blade file with the native values so you can change the weapons you want to use

B

BastyTH

Cheater
Envy said:
Since this is a bigger request, i cant do it atm but you can do it by yourself following my table instructions. I can hand you a clean Dual Blade file with the native values so you can change the weapons you want to use
no worries i can wait, atm i still busy with moving to new place.

T

Thomas216

Noobzor
@Idlehands88

I saw that the Girros Head Armor Alpha has been modded with Earplugs, may I know how to do that?
I would like to modify Leather and Hunter sets with Mastery and Armor Skills,
as there is decoration limit any higher than 15 crashes game, i believe adding the skills directly can circumvent that.

Many thanks again for the mod

T

Thomas216

Noobzor
bloodaxis said:
What exactly does the Hero's Protection do, I'm guessing it's protecting against all debuffs or something?
I'd like to know as well, but it ignores tripping damage and minor attacks from LR and HR monsters, It seems to have no effect on Tempered hunts though.
The normal Elemental Blight would be better for Tempered Elder Hunts like Kirin ThunderBlight and Teostra FireBlight

M

Matheusv3

What is cheating?
Doeas anyone have a list of skills hex ids and armor ids?

O

origa239

What is cheating?
Thomas216 said:
@Idlehands88

I saw that the Girros Head Armor Alpha has been modded with Earplugs, may I know how to do that?
I would like to modify Leather and Hunter sets with Mastery and Armor Skills,
as there is decoration limit any higher than 15 crashes game, i believe adding the skills directly can circumvent that.

Many thanks again for the mod
There is no decoration limit, but skill info only have 4 pages, so you can only have 32 skills(including armor set skills)