ReCore: Definitive Edition 1.1.7468.2 +15

akarnokd

Noobzor
Reaction score
spyingwind said:
I'm directly modifying the dll to just not apply any damage to the player. All damage is negated doing this. It's probably the same with how one would do it while the game is running, in memory, but this all I know I can do.
I figured it out. The KyotoRobokHealth.TakeDamage can be adjusted:
Code:
  float num = info.GetDamageAmount();
  if (this.Owner.IsAlignedWithPlayer())
  {
    num *= 0.1f;
  }
  else if (info.Source != null && info.Source.GetComponent<KyotoPlayer>() != null)
  {
    num *= 7f;
  }
I had to add that "who fired" check because the companion robots kept destroying my targets too fast and could not extract basic cores.

akarnokd

Noobzor
Reaction score
I could freeze the timer by resetting it whenever the game asks for the remaining time:
Code:
TimedStoryQuest.GetTimeRemaining() method

int result;
		if (this.m_QuestProgress != null)
		{
			result = this.m_QuestProgress.TimeRemaining;
			this.m_QuestProgress.TimeRemaining = 300; // <-------------------------------
		}
		else
		{
			result = 0;
		}
		return result;

akarnokd

Noobzor
Reaction score
Also I managed to reveal some unclaimed collectibles:
Code:
KyotoMapMenuElement.RefreshMapVisibilityState()

// Always enable its image
PersistentMapVisibility.EState mapVisibilityState = this.GetMapVisibilityState();
int elementState = this.GetElementState();
if (this.m_Image != null)
{
   // this is the original enabler
    this.m_Image.enabled = (mapVisibilityState == PersistentMapVisibility.EState.Revealed 
   // this is for the 3 types relevant, but only in state 0 which means unclaimed
    || (elementState == 0 && 
         (this.m_TypeOfElement == KyotoMapMenuStatics.EMapMenuElementType.TreasureChest 
        || this.m_TypeOfElement == KyotoMapMenuStatics.EMapMenuElementType.PrismaticCore 
        || this.m_TypeOfElement == KyotoMapMenuStatics.EMapMenuElementType.PowerCell
        || this.m_TypeOfElement == KyotoMapMenuStatics.EMapMenuElementType.AudioLog
        )
    ));
    // For the chest to show up, the mapVisibilityState has to be passed to the animator below
     if (this.m_TypeOfElement == KyotoMapMenuStatics.EMapMenuElementType.TreasureChest 
        && elementState == 0)
    {
        mapVisibilityState = PersistentMapVisibility.EState.Revealed;
    }
}
// originally this was encomappsing the image-enable but would generally not execute the overrides
// above in the original order
if (base.isActiveAndEnabled && this.IsUIMapSideElement() && AnimationUtilities.IsUsable(this.m_Animator))
{
    this.m_Animator.SetValue(KyotoMapMenuElement.skAnimationParameter_MapVisibilityState, (int)mapVisibilityState);
    this.m_Animator.SetValue(KyotoMapMenuElement.skAnimationParameter_ElementState, elementState);
    return;
}

pgain2004

Cheater
Reaction score
spyingwind said:
For Steam version:

After much frustration in trying to understand how to utilize Cheat Engine to create a table for the Steam version of ReCore. I decided that modifying the assembly was much easier. I used dnSpy to make my changes. I haven't been able to narrow down the timer for dungeons. :(

What I've changed:
Here I changed DamagedAmount to 0, before it was processed.
This doesn't increase the jump counter. Forever in the first jump state.
This doesn't remove ammo from the ammo counter.
The KyotoPlayer itself has several error like "xxx is never used", make me not able to comopile changes. Why?

sabin1981

Cheater
Reaction score
pgain2004 said:
spyingwind said:
For Steam version:

After much frustration in trying to understand how to utilize Cheat Engine to create a table for the Steam version of ReCore. I decided that modifying the assembly was much easier. I used dnSpy to make my changes. I haven't been able to narrow down the timer for dungeons. :(

What I've changed:
Here I changed DamagedAmount to 0, before it was processed.
This doesn't increase the jump counter. Forever in the first jump state.
This doesn't remove ammo from the ammo counter.
The KyotoPlayer itself has several error like "xxx is never used", make me not able to comopile changes. Why?
I came here to ask the same thing, it's a shame @spyingwind didn't reply :( I haven't the first clue when it comes to Assembly-CSharp editing but whenever I try and modify the file using dnspy, it refuses to compile.

~edit~

Okay, I managed to get *one* entry to compile... and thankfully it's the most important one; frozen timer. The timer won't decrease in dungeons any longer :D Sadly I simply cannot get any of the other entries to compile and I'm absolutely lost when it comes to making heads and tails of the "map visibility" entries. Anyway, here's my modded Assembly-CSharp.dll with the timer disabled. I couldn't get "no ammo" working, nor "map visibility" (and didn't try with health/etc since I don't care about those)
Code:
https://www36.zippyshare.com/v/L4oMfURG/file.html
I'm sorry, the rest is just beyond me.

~edit~

Okay, I figured it out - we can switch to the main.g.cs dropdown and then delete each RED X entry, those are seemingly broken and won't compile at all. You can even open the unmodded file in dnSpy and click compile without making any changes and it will still give red x errors. The yellow warning symbol can be ignored, the compiler will work anyhow :)

Uhuru N'Uru

Cheater
Reaction score
ReCore: Definitive Edition – Steam Build ID = 2250180

After just getting this game in Steam Summer Sale, I was Surprised to discover only Windows Store Tables for this game, here despite others trying (and failing) to recompile the exe, because Cheat Engine was to difficult?!
WTF, they thought recompiling a DRM protected game would be easier?

Anyway, being all in favour of taking an actual easy root, I looked elsewhere for someone else doing the hard work for me.
Found a working table, for Steam version, so as none exist here, I'm posting the details.

TG1K986

Cheater
Reaction score
Re: ReCore: Definitive Edition – Steam Build ID = 2250180

That site is not source! And here was it only place, that I shared in comments. https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7418&start=15

STN

Founder
Administrator
Reaction score

Uhuru N'Uru said:
After just getting this game in Steam Summer Sale, I was Surprised to discover only Windows Store Tables for this game, here despite others trying (and failing) to recompile the exe, because Cheat Engine was to difficult?!
WTF, they thought recompiling a DRM protected game would be easier?

Anyway, being all in favour of taking an actual easy root, I looked elsewhere for someone else doing the hard work for me.
Found a working table, for Steam version, so as none exist here, I'm posting the details.
Huh. Not sure why you zipped the few Kbs cheat table instead of uploading it here. Also since the table actually exists here, i merged the topic here and removed the links which actually were copying the table from here.

Uhuru N'Uru

Cheater
Reaction score

TG1K986 said:
That site is not source! And here was it only place, that I shared in comments. https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7418&start=15
Sorry
Missed that buried as it was in this thread, the one I had looked at as well, but with all the posts on this last page, being from users trying to get a working Steam version , it never occurred to me, that there was one already posted on first page, and ironically the same CT I found on by searching outside of Fearless Revolution site.

By the way your link didn't take me to your post, it just went to top of this pagr.
This link opens at your post
ReCore: Definitive Edition – Steam Build ID = 2250180 by TG1K986

Thanks for the Table, and I apologise for my SNAFU again.

Uhuru N'Uru

Cheater
Reaction score
Re: ReCore – Definitive Edition – Steam Build ID = 2250180 – Working Jump by TG1K986

After the recent posts, I downloaded TG1K986's Steam Table, from the post lined below.
ReCore: Definitive Edition – Steam Build ID = 2250180 by TG1K986

On trying it I ran into a problem, the Jump option does not work, so I went to comparing it with the version I got elsewhere.
The other version seems to be an older version, and may also have been edited by an unnamed 3rd party.

Differences
"Freeze HP (first get some hit, then activate)"
Options identical, but other version lacks the bracketed instruction

"Freeze Timer (Activate in dungeon)"
Options identical, but other version lacks the bracketed instruction

"Energy (buggy, when ON, item not goes to inventory)"
Totally missing from other version

All are superior in the version hosted here, and linked above.

Then we come to the Jump Option(s)

Both have this Jump Entry that doesn't work, which looks like this

In Cheat Engine, with the CT, and Game Running
Jump … P->???????? … 4 Bytes … ??

In the code the broken address is
<Address>"mono.dll"+00296488</Address>

The other table has 3 additional Jump entries, which all seem to work individually,
I've played most of the game with all three activated, without issue

In Cheat Engine, with the CT, and Game Running, All three working Entries show
Jump … P->7AC58A28 … 4 Bytes … 0

In the code the 1st working address is
<Address>"mono.dll"+00295BC8</Address>

In the code the 2nd working address is
<Address>"mono.dll"+00264618</Address>

In the code the 2nd working address is
<Address>"mono.dll"+002645E0</Address>

Original Single Jump Entry Code
Code:
    </CheatEntry>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>24</ID>
      <Description>"Jump"</Description>
      <VariableType>4 Bytes</VariableType>
      <Offsets>
        <Offset>18</Offset>
        <Offset>398</Offset>
        <Offset>C8</Offset>
        <Offset>728</Offset>
        <Offset>20</Offset>
      </Offsets>
    </CheatEntry>
Four Jump Entry Code
Code:
    </CheatEntry>
      <ID>24</ID>
      <Offsets>
        <Offset>18</Offset>
        <Offset>398</Offset>
        <Offset>C8</Offset>
        <Offset>728</Offset>
        <Offset>20</Offset>
      </Offsets>
    </CheatEntry>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>25</ID>
      <Address>"mono.dll"+00295BC8</Address>
      <Offsets>
        <Offset>18</Offset>
        <Offset>398</Offset>
        <Offset>C8</Offset>
        <Offset>728</Offset>
        <Offset>20</Offset>
      </Offsets>
    </CheatEntry>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>26</ID>
      <Address>"mono.dll"+00264618</Address>
      <Offsets>
        <Offset>18</Offset>
        <Offset>398</Offset>
        <Offset>C8</Offset>
        <Offset>728</Offset>
        <Offset>98</Offset>
      </Offsets>
    </CheatEntry>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>27</ID>
      <Address>"mono.dll"+002645E0</Address>
      <Offsets>
        <Offset>18</Offset>
        <Offset>398</Offset>
        <Offset>C8</Offset>
        <Offset>728</Offset>
        <Offset>98</Offset>
      </Offsets>
    </CheatEntry>
  </CheatEntries>
The current table is superior, for all the other entries, Jump is where it's failing for me.
So adding the working jump options makes sense, though I'm not sure we need all three.
I've seen no issues with activating all of them, and short tests with each one separately also work, so I've not removed any.
You can manually replace the Jump code using Copy & Paste, or use the Working Jump Table I've uploaded here

All credit goes to TG1K986, as no other authors credited, on the other site.
I have done nothing except merge the differences to get jump working.

{Edit)
I'm not sure why the post says attachment isn't available, I've just downloaded it, to check it is.
Maybe my previews, or changing the BBCode number for attachment=0 to 1 (used), and 2 (No visible effect) set a flag.

Attachments

• ReCore - Working Jump.CT

ReCore – Definitive Edition – Steam Build ID = 2250180 – Working Jump by TG1K986

221.6 KB Views: 176

ilego

What is cheating?
Reaction score
gideon25 said:
ReCore: Definitive Edition 1.1.7468.2 +15

Options:

Thanks to oLaudix for the resource editor and the jump options. Everything else was done fresh the hard way. On Joule Level option I think you can temporarily change her level to get into the higher level dungeons, then just change the level back to what it was (although I haven't tried that).
Finally a Windows Store Version...

ilego

What is cheating?
Reaction score
TG1K986 said:
This is for steam version. I made it, but not sure if it will work for you. Try and tell if works. There is 3 function: freeze hp, freeze timer and freeze jump (just freeze at 0 for unlimited jump) EDIT: my last try.
Don't forget about the Windows store people like me

Uhuru N'Uru

Cheater
Reaction score
ilego said:
TG1K986 said:
This is for steam version. I made it, but not sure if it will work for you. Try and tell if works. There is 3 function: freeze hp, freeze timer and freeze jump (just freeze at 0 for unlimited jump) EDIT: my last try.
The OP (by gideon25) was for windows store, and TG1K986's Table was for Steam.
It's very difficult to make, a table for anything on Windows Store, if you don't own that version.
Windows Store uses UWP, which is why most PC gamers refuse too even buy games, from that awful store.

I've seen many instances of Steam/GOG/Epic/Uplay Tables working just fine, for the other store versions, because they all use the same (or almost) exe, but never with a Windows Store version, due to UWP.

So you need to find a (very rare) UWP owner, to update (or make) a CT for you (endangered species), like the OP (gideon25), if that Table's stopped working.

Steam owners, are unlikely to be able to fix anything made for UWP.

gideon25

Expert Cheater
Table Maker
Reaction score
Uhuru N'Uru said:
ilego said:
TG1K986 said:
The OP (by gideon25) was for windows store, and TG1K986's Table was for Steam.

So you need to find a (very rare) UWP owner, to update (or make) a CT for you (endangered species), like the OP (gideon25), if that Table's stopped working.
The thing is also is that the only scene release by CODEX was the windows store version and since the game was by Microsoft studios, the windows store version was available way before the steam version was. Thats why when I made the table it was for the MS Store version. I did the table in July '18 and the steam version was not even released until september '18. So, the codex version (tested and used to make the table originally) will also work just fine for the table..

Uhuru N'Uru

Cheater
Reaction score
gideon25 said:
The thing is also is that the only scene release by CODEX was the windows store version and since the game was by Microsoft studios, the windows store version was available way before the steam version was. Thats why when I made the table it was for the MS Store version. I did the table in July '18 and the steam version was not even released until september '18. So, the codex version (tested and used to make the table originally) will also work just fine for the table..
Well in that case, I'm back to what I originally discarded, because your Table existed, I assume the codex version converted the UWP App, into an normal exe.

I'm not even sure it's possible to make a UWP Table, I just get question marks when trying to use Memory View on a known UWP Process, like Microsoft Edge.

The whole point of UWP was to obscure the process from users, making modding the exe "impossible", though you can still mod the accessible files that are not Applications (EXE, DLL in Win32).

UWP is the main reason most PC users will not touch anything on the Windows Store, and that pretty universal boycott is what first led to Windows Store exclusive (UWP) Games, appearing on Steam, due to extremely poor sales.

Now MS seems to be rolling back from UWP, and is trying to move some of the beneficial aspects over to Win32.
Upshot is, unless a cracked game version exists, a made for UWP Cheat Table seems impossible, because we can't even see the memory contents.

Hence why UWP cheats are so rare, and you got a response like this.
ilego said:
Windows Store (UWP) Cheat Tables don't exist.

I'll stick to never using Windows Store, even Epic Store is better.

Cybot

Novice Cheater
Reaction score
Uhuru N'Uru said:
gideon25 said:
Well in that case, I'm back to what I originally discarded, because your Table existed, I assume the codex version converted the UWP App, into an normal exe.

I'm not even sure it's possible to make a UWP Table, I just get question marks when trying to use Memory View on a known UWP Process, like Microsoft Edge.

The whole point of UWP was to obscure the process from users, making modding the exe "impossible", though you can still mod the accessible files that are not Applications (EXE, DLL in Win32).

UWP is the main reason most PC users will not touch anything on the Windows Store, and that pretty universal boycott is what first led to Windows Store exclusive (UWP) Games, appearing on Steam, due to extremely poor sales.

Now MS seems to be rolling back from UWP, and is trying to move some of the beneficial aspects over to Win32.
Upshot is, unless a cracked game version exists, a made for UWP Cheat Table seems impossible, because we can't even see the memory contents.

Hence why UWP cheats are so rare, and you got a response like this.
ilego said:
Windows Store (UWP) Cheat Tables don't exist.

I'll stick to never using Windows Store, even Epic Store is better.
I am using this table on my Windows Store version of the game.
Works like a charm.