My SteamWorld for an infinite jump!

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Ravage
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Ravage »

Can somebody explain why an infinite jump setting doesn't seam to be possible in SteamWorld Dig? (Not SD2, which does have an infinite jump hack.)

It makes a massive difference in a game like this but none of the posted tables have it and I've spent hours trying to isolate even a dynamic variable that controls it, so obviously I'm nowhere near finding the static pointer. I think I've found a variable that is related, but can't be frozen.

(And for that matter, is there a way to pinpoint the needed variable using another variable that can't be frozen? I'm making my way through the tutorials, but I've wanted to know the answer to that for a long time. A direct answer would be great, but I'd be thrilled with a link to a tutorial on the subject.)

Thanks!

notpikachu
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by notpikachu »

Depend on how the dev wrote the game. I remember one game that check like 6-7 values before the character can jump, for ex. is_char_on_ground, is_jmp_key_pressed, is_char_attacked, etc. Sometimes, it just that simple of freezing one value.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/sWcIa1k.jpg[/img]

In any case, it is possible to do a jump hack.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/gT0IU6w.png[/img]

Ravage
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Ravage »

I was worried about that possibility. I was hoping that a game as simple as SWD wouldn't get overly complicated like that. But given the pic you provided, can you tell me the values that I have to isolate? Or if you got the pic from somebody else, maybe point me to somebody who knows?

Either way, thanks!

notpikachu
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by notpikachu »

[QUOTE="Ravage, post: 137171, member: 38307"]

..., can you tell me the values that I have to isolate? Or if you got the pic from somebody else, maybe point me to somebody who knows?

[/QUOTE]

Sure, idk if its disappointing or anything, but I didn't used cheat engine at all. I just skimmed through the game folder to do some analysis like what type of engine it uses and its structure before jumping right inside the game. and just like that, I found the game logic in xml...

At "SteamWorld Dig > BundlePC > Definitions > actor.xml" , under the player, there's the variable *. Changed that into a high number such as 900 or anything comfortable, you can make do some sort of half jump to the screen by a quick press or full jump to the whole screen by a long press. Probably not the infinite jump you want, but if you add in the game mechanic of jump off a wall, it sort of reset the jump after the long jump if you bounce on the wall :).

Extra Info

- Under the player section has this variable called 1, definitely one of the checks if I'm not mistaken for the jump but will make you stuck on the ground if you changed it to zero.:(

- The double jump abilities is there on one of the xml as an ability, but I didn't investigate it further at this point as I just trying to play and enjoy the game. You probably can continue from that point onward if you interested.

Best Regards,

notpikachu

Ravage
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Ravage »

Thank you! I'm using a combo of CE for things like infinite health and items, but I got tipped off to that file in another post (can't remember if it's on Fearless) and I've searched for all references to the player and cooldown. That sucker is letting the rock pick fly so fast that I can use it in mid air. Very, very useful.

Still, I can barely make heads or tales of that file, and I wish that I could learn to read it/decode it. I'm middle-aged and looking to make a career change, so I know this isn't the place for this, but If you know of any such forums that guides folks through the process, I'd love to know.

Either way, thanks so much!