Report any issues here

L

LiamLi

Cheater
Hello STN!
i don't want to report a issue, but i have some questions (i hope its okay, if not then sorry! and feel free to delete my post)
I'm a little confused about the user-groups, on the old forum it was more clear.
now user can't edit own posts, and there are only 2 (user)groups now? (Table Maker / Fearless Donors )
before it was more clear what every group does, and i can't find any group description+member headcount here.

so perhaps its just me, but it confuses me(old board also had a classification text for the colors of the members)

STN

STN

Founder
Administrator
Hello STN!
i don't want to report a issue, but i have some questions (i hope its okay, if not then sorry! and feel free to delete my post)
I'm a little confused about the user-groups, on the old forum it was more clear.
now user can't edit own posts, and there are only 2 (user)groups now? (Table Maker / Fearless Donors )
before it was more clear what every group does, and i can't find any group description+member headcount here.

so perhaps its just me, but it confuses me(old board also had a classification text for the colors of the members)
Registered users lose their edit privilege after a certain time. There was too much edit abuse on old forums and that lead to this.

No new usergroups have been added. I think they're pretty self-explanatory 🤷‍♀️

F

fearlessfan1

Cheater
Table Maker
If we need to be part of the table making group to edit posts, is there a particular thread we can post to with some of the tables we made so we can be added to it?

I'm not a very talkative person, so I'll never have 100s of posts, and I don't start threads, but I do contribute to existing ones with whatever I end up finding, and I edit those with updates.

P

pboosh2400

What is cheating?
what is this new layout?? Oh gahd it burns my eyeeees! (pls add an option to change it back o_O )

• Angry
Reactions: STN
mgr.inz.Player

mgr.inz.Player

RCE Fanatics
Talents
In my browser I pressed CTRL+F5 (and also CTRL+R) few times in row just to be sure.

Fury and Nubia have still this text selection problem:

(resized above image link you can see barely see second and third word is selected)

Note: also a link in editor doesn't have different color or underline. In "preview" it is pink.
Edit: what I see in editor after I hit edit button: another link (before this edit)

@all, currently, if you have BB code enabled in editor, be sure to check how your post looks like with preview or click "toggle BB code" icon.

Last edited:
SunBeam

SunBeam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
People.. seriously now.. take a chill pill. Everyone's got their opinion and preference, but what FRF is not.. is: Facebook for comments, mIRC chat where every hiss of yours you'd think is normal or some market where you express your preference and we're supposed to deliver something. No. Go to your fucking profile > Preferences and pick one of the available Styles. If you don't know how to do that, then I will draw a fucking map. Deal?

STN

STN

Founder
Administrator
In my bowser I pressed CTRL+F5 (and also CTRL+R) few times in row just to be sure.

Fury and Nubia have still this text selection problem:

(resized above image link you can see barely see second and third word is selected)

Note: also a link in editor doesn't have different color or underline. In "preview" it is pink.

@all, currently, if you have BB code enabled in editor, be sure to check how your post looks like with preview or click "toggle BB code" icon.
Ugh, you're right. Fury is even worse. I don't know what's up with this dev, the themes are so perfect and then spoiled with smallest of things like these.

I'll try to find the code for it or contact the developer.

mgr.inz.Player

mgr.inz.Player

RCE Fanatics
Talents
edit: solved

Last edited:
mgr.inz.Player

mgr.inz.Player

RCE Fanatics
Talents
OK, that one is solved :)

Now try this. Copy below code text, in reply box turn BB code off, paste it, turn BB code on.
Second line is to show potential problems user will have.
You don't see it until you turn BB code off or hit preview.
Code:
[URL='https://link.to.nowhere.com/']This is example[/URL]
[URL='https://link.to.nowhere.com/']This is exam[/URL]ple Thi[URL='https://link.to.nowhere.com/']s is example[/URL]
edit: also mouse hovering reveals where link starts and ends.

SunBeam

SunBeam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This would be the alternative:

Like it? I am ironic, of course. Those underlines everywhere just so you can pretend like you can't see a hyperlink.. are clogging the style and look like crap, IMHO. Am using Nubia now, by the way. (No, it can't be enabled like that "just for the editor"; it's a global setting that applies to any hyperlink).

mgr.inz.Player

mgr.inz.Player

RCE Fanatics
Talents
I like it.

Last minor, not that important, thing I can see:
Lua:
getLuaEngine().cbShowOnPrint.Checked = false
Code highlighter doesn't work on all styles. There's no "Select all". I will be back and check this thread tomorrow. Thank you.

SunBeam

SunBeam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I like it.
Yeah, well I don't. So there's 2 people with a difference of opinion. I'll look for a different way to highlight a link, at least change its color from default to that standard blue (on Nubia).