learning about Cheat Engine....

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
javierv14
Noobzor
Noobzor

learning about Cheat Engine....

Post by javierv14 »

Well how do i start, i am not and expert on Cheat Engine i remember searching for codes
in the PS1 Gameshark the one you add to the door port when i was like 15 and i love it.
now i found Cheat Engine and i really want to learn how to use it. i have a problem when
i search for and specific address lets say Inf health i notice at first when i manage to change
the value of the code it works just fine, but if i restart the game and launch it again the already
save known address that whats working before now it wont work and i have to search the new
address over and over again, what can i do stop this from happening.?

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: learning about Cheat Engine....

Post by TimFun13 »

Start with the Cheat Engine tutorial (in the help menu), it goes over this and a lot of the basics.

Rysefox
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Rysefox »

javierv14 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:14 pm
but if i restart the game and launch it again the already
save known address that whats working before now it wont work and i have to search the new
address over and over again, what can i do stop this from happening.?
Because every address changes after the restart (thats the reason why you create a script or do a pointer scan) But if it's an easy game (no backtracing (All addresses don't going thru on opcode), no encryption etc.) you should be able to create a pointer script or change the current amount with a simple piece of code

EDIT: This forum does also have few tutorials from some peoples

javierv14
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by javierv14 »

i got lost in the step 6 of the tutorial any pointers?

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

javierv14 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 9:18 pm
i got lost in the step 6 of the tutorial any pointers?
If your doing the orginal tutorial. Here is a tutorial on the x64 tutorial. If your doing the new tutorial games, you'll have search to see if you can find a tutorial. But I know I've seen one on youtube (Cheat The Game made one I think). There are also text (with pictures) tutorials in the Generic Tutorials section of the forum.
And I would recommend doing the original tutorial first.

javierv14
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by javierv14 »

Thank for the tutorial yesterday i finish tutorial number 6 took me a while is kinda difficult to understand at first thought i need to keep practicing since i still can't make codes stay working and make a successful table sadly. is injection the only way to make codes work after you restart the game?

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

javierv14 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:13 pm
Thank for the tutorial yesterday i finish tutorial number 6 took me a while is kinda difficult to understand at first thought i need to keep practicing since i still can't make codes stay working and make a successful table sadly. is injection the only way to make codes work after you restart the game?
"Code" usually refers to "executable code", so basically yes. If you just want addresses, you can use static addresses. In older games the address used by the game could often be a static address (they show as green in CE and might look like "game.exe"+ABC0). But with newer games and more complex structures they will be built by the game and look more like this, [[["game.exe"+BEEF]+AC0]+18]+A0; this is why code injection tends to be used, it's just faster and easier to just hook the code and grab the address at some point in the code. Here is a tutorial that will explain this a bit more.

Then if you combine code injection with the use of AOB scans then the code is more likely to work after game updates, not just restarts.

javierv14
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by javierv14 »

ShyTwig16 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 7:21 pm
javierv14 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:13 pm
"Code" usually refers to "executable code", so basically yes. If you just want addresses, you can use static addresses. In older games the address used by the game could often be a static address (they show as green in CE and might look like "game.exe"+ABC0). But with newer games and more complex structures they will be built by the game and look more like this, [[["game.exe"+BEEF]+AC0]+18]+A0; this is why code injection tends to be used, it's just faster and easier to just hook the code and grab the address at some point in the code. Here is a tutorial that will explain this a bit more.

Then if you combine code injection with the use of AOB scans then the code is more likely to work after game updates, not just restarts.
Interesting I'll be checking this out later on, thanks.