Is there a way to see if cheat engine would work before download?

J

junipermoon

What is cheating?
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Messages
3
Hello everyone !

I was wondering, is there a way to detect if cheat engine functions on a website before downloading the program? If so, what are the necessary steps to find out?

I am trying to see if I can use cheatengine on virtualpopstar.com to obtain premium currency
 
STN

STN

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 2, 2017
Messages
3,750
It doesn't work on website. The values are server sided and just display only.
 
J

junipermoon

What is cheating?
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Messages
3
STN said:
It doesn't work on website. The values are server sided and just display only.
oh thank you for checking!!!

In which case, I guess an sql injection would be the only solution ?
 
KraftCrafterMcCrafty

KraftCrafterMcCrafty

Cheater
Joined
Jul 21, 2019
Messages
34
junipermoon said:
STN said:
It doesn't work on website. The values are server sided and just display only.
oh thank you for checking!!!

In which case, I guess an sql injection would be the only solution ?
Be extremely careful and I mean extremely if you are doing this on any online service. Modifying any value on an online service violates the terms of service and if caught, can lead to actual fines starting with but not limited to how much of whatever you modify; in your case "Premium Currency". They can also sue you for breaking their codes of conduct. Most likely injections won't work due to how values are again server sided and not on your side.
 
J

junipermoon

What is cheating?
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Messages
3
KraftCrafterMcCrafty said:
junipermoon said:
STN said:
It doesn't work on website. The values are server sided and just display only.
oh thank you for checking!!!

In which case, I guess an sql injection would be the only solution ?
Be extremely careful and I mean extremely if you are doing this on any online service. Modifying any value on an online service violates the terms of service and if caught, can lead to actual fines starting with but not limited to how much of whatever you modify; in your case "Premium Currency". They can also sue you for breaking their codes of conduct. Most likely injections won't work due to how values are again server sided and not on your side.
thank you for the warning. I was wondering though, sorry if it is obvious but i am not that skilled in code, how would the website owner detect that you were able to extract premium currency?
 
KraftCrafterMcCrafty

KraftCrafterMcCrafty

Cheater
Joined
Jul 21, 2019
Messages
34
junipermoon said:
thank you for the warning. I was wondering though, sorry if it is obvious but i am not that skilled in code, how would the website owner detect that you were able to extract premium currency?
Well, depending on the game; people could check if a mass amount of purchases were made using currency. Example = Player just bought 50,000 worth of VIP Upgrades using premium currency. Cross check the payment logs and nope. Cross check dailies and nope. Cross check contest winner and nope. Boom, you just exposed yourself.
 
Top