Debugger stopped working after 7.0 update.

oLaudix

oLaudix

Novice Cheater
Joined
Dec 12, 2017
Messages
17
Every time I tried to attach debugger to see what access the adresses I found after updating to 7.0 shows me 0 results. Unless I was really unlucky and those games had some good anti debugs (they were all Xbox game pass games) I don't think it is normal. Can anyone provide me with link to older version of the CE? The link for 6.8 from official website actually goes to 7.0 version.
 
TheyCallMeTim13

TheyCallMeTim13

Enchanter
Staff member
Administrator
Fearless Donors
Talents
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
1,794
You may need to change the debugger being used in the settings. But you should be able to find an older version at the CE github.
https://github.com/cheat-engine/cheat-engine/releases
 
Rhark

Rhark

Expert Cheater
Fearless Donors
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
268
I've been having the same issue in 7.0 and 7.1, mainly with Vehdebugger. It comes up with failed to initialize what vehdebuggeretcetc is or something along those lines.
 
TheyCallMeTim13

TheyCallMeTim13

Enchanter
Staff member
Administrator
Fearless Donors
Talents
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
1,794
Make sure it's not your AV or some other program, and see if it happens on other games aswell. You can also try an older version of CE. If it is just a bug in the newer version, make sure to report it on the CE github. But I've been using both and haven't had any problem, but it could be something with different hardware or the OS.
 
Rhark

Rhark

Expert Cheater
Fearless Donors
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
268
TheyCallMeTim13 said:
Make sure it's not your AV or some other program, and see if it happens on other games aswell. You can also try an older version of CE. If it is just a bug in the newer version, make sure to report it on the CE github. But I've been using both and haven't had any problem, but it could be something with different hardware or the OS.
It works on some games but not on others. For example, I cannot attach any CE debugger to The Long Dark (Windows Store version) yet other people have no problems doing so. I've tried disabling my AV and no dice :| yet x64dbg works fine.
 
TheyCallMeTim13

TheyCallMeTim13

Enchanter
Staff member
Administrator
Fearless Donors
Talents
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
1,794
Rhark said:
...

It works on some games but not on others. For example, I cannot attach any CE debugger to The Long Dark (Windows Store version) yet other people have no problems doing so. I've tried disabling my AV and no dice :| yet x64dbg works fine.
Try some different debuggers in the settings. It almost sounds like the game has something blocking it from attaching, but it's hard for me to say I've never played that game. And it looks like there are tables made for it, and I didn't see any mention of problems there with a quick scim. Have you tried an older version of CE (like 6.8.3)?
 
Rhark

Rhark

Expert Cheater
Fearless Donors
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
268
TheyCallMeTim13 said:
Rhark said:
...

It works on some games but not on others. For example, I cannot attach any CE debugger to The Long Dark (Windows Store version) yet other people have no problems doing so. I've tried disabling my AV and no dice :| yet x64dbg works fine.
Try some different debuggers in the settings. It almost sounds like the game has something blocking it from attaching, but it's hard for me to say I've never played that game. And it looks like there are tables made for it, and I didn't see any mention of problems there with a quick scim. Have you tried an older version of CE (like 6.8.3)?
Mhm I just downloaded 6.8.3 to test it and it still has the same problem. I know another game I am working with (MW2 Campaign Remastered) has an anti-debugger but usually it allows the attachment and force closes the game, but this won't even start VEH :p
 
TheyCallMeTim13

TheyCallMeTim13

Enchanter
Staff member
Administrator
Fearless Donors
Talents
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
1,794
Rhark said:
...
Mhm I just downloaded 6.8.3 to test it and it still has the same problem. I know another game I am working with (MW2 Campaign Remastered) has an anti-debugger but usually it allows the attachment and force closes the game, but this won't even start VEH :p
Try the other debuggers in the CE settings. If x64 debug works, one of them should work. Else you'll just have to use x64 debug.
 
Rhark

Rhark

Expert Cheater
Fearless Donors
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
268
TheyCallMeTim13 said:
Rhark said:
...
Mhm I just downloaded 6.8.3 to test it and it still has the same problem. I know another game I am working with (MW2 Campaign Remastered) has an anti-debugger but usually it allows the attachment and force closes the game, but this won't even start VEH :p
Try the other debuggers in the CE settings. If x64 debug works, one of them should work. Else you'll just have to use x64 debug.
I tried kernelmode and it was able to attach but if i did something like a break and trace the game would permanently freeze and I'd literally have to restart my PC to close it (access denied in Details <- Task Manager)
 
TheyCallMeTim13

TheyCallMeTim13

Enchanter
Staff member
Administrator
Fearless Donors
Talents
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
1,794
Rhark said:
...

I tried kernelmode and it was able to attach but if i did something like a break and trace the game would permanently freeze and I'd literally have to restart my PC to close it (access denied in Details <- Task Manager)
At this point best I can say is try in one of the table treads for the game, see if the table maker can help. Not having the game it's hard to say what the problem is.
 
Top