[Completed] Halo: Reach

SunBeam

SunBeam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Feb 4, 2018
Messages
3,499
Funny thing.. no trainer around has no recoil :) Talking about Reach.
 
Dread_Pony_Roberts

Dread_Pony_Roberts

Code Cracker
Table Maker
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Messages
231
SunBeam said:
Funny thing.. no trainer around has no recoil :) Talking about Reach.
You aren't seriously suggesting we use your expertly designed tutorial for CE (found here https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11818) to make a no recoil cheat for Reach, because that would be...INGENIOUS!

Once I've done more with CE I plan to add more cheats to Reach, and I might add the no recoil if nobody beats me to it (don't worry, I won't mind).
 
Dread_Pony_Roberts

Dread_Pony_Roberts

Code Cracker
Table Maker
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Messages
231
SunBeam said:
And here's my table for Reach, with several options.




MCC-Win64-Shipping.CT


BR,
Sun
 
Dread_Pony_Roberts

Dread_Pony_Roberts

Code Cracker
Table Maker
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Messages
231
I decided to start looking into trying to make teleportation and flight scripts. The initial issue is that the player's coordinate addresses constantly change. I managed to solve this by finding a code that constantly addresses an address in the player's structure, regardless of whether or not the address changes. This code also had an issue in that it would randomly crash the game if I tried using it. I managed to fix that by doing some back tracing and going up the call structure. Now that I have some code which so far hasn't crashed on me, I can actually get to making the teleportation and hopefully even flight code.
 
M

monimon909

What is cheating?
Joined
Apr 7, 2020
Messages
3
this cheat table is amazing thank you, but im not sure if anyone else is having this problem or just me, bu after using the cheat table for Halo MCC (playing Reach) i cant complete the game, the final mission lone wolf wont let me health deplete, my sheilds go down but after a while. ive deleeted the cheat table, uninstalled and re installed the game, checked the file integrity on steam but nothing seems to be working, has anyone got an idea on how to fix this. im not even sure its something to do with the cheat table or if its just a game thing :( thank you
 
Rhark

Rhark

Expert Cheater
Fearless Donors
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
268
monimon909 said:
this cheat table is amazing thank you, but im not sure if anyone else is having this problem or just me, bu after using the cheat table for Halo MCC (playing Reach) i cant complete the game, the final mission lone wolf wont let me health deplete, my sheilds go down but after a while. ive deleeted the cheat table, uninstalled and re installed the game, checked the file integrity on steam but nothing seems to be working, has anyone got an idea on how to fix this. im not even sure its something to do with the cheat table or if its just a game thing :( thank you
Have you tried restarting the mission with no cheats activated?
 
M

monimon909

What is cheating?
Joined
Apr 7, 2020
Messages
3
Have you tried restarting the mission with no cheats activated?
[/quote]


yeah, that's the first thing I tried, I've turned the pc on and off again and tried to get it to work, still, nothing changed :(, thank you for your reply though
 
Rhark

Rhark

Expert Cheater
Fearless Donors
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
268
monimon909 said:
Have you tried restarting the mission with no cheats activated?

yeah, that's the first thing I tried, I've turned the pc on and off again and tried to get it to work, still, nothing changed :(, thank you for your reply though
[/quote]

Sorry, just to clarify - not just Resuming the game, but literally starting a new game on the last mission? I don't understand how it would still affect you if you're not using any cheats & restarted the level.
 
M

monimon909

What is cheating?
Joined
Apr 7, 2020
Messages
3
rhark said:
monimon909 said:
Have you tried restarting the mission with no cheats activated?



Sorry, just to clarify - not just Resuming the game, but literally starting a new game on the last mission? I don't understand how it would still affect you if you're not using any cheats & restarted the level.

THANK YOU, that managed to work but it still says I've only completed 11/12 missions but tbh I'm over it haha, thanks heaps for your help though :)
 
Rhark

Rhark

Expert Cheater
Fearless Donors
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
268
monimon909 said:
THANK YOU, that managed to work but it still says I've only completed 11/12 missions but tbh I'm over it haha, thanks heaps for your help though :)
No problem, if you look through the levels one of them should say that it hasn't been beaten on any difficulty.
 
treos

treos

Cheater
Joined
Jun 1, 2018
Messages
46
this is a funny and silly thread to come across since technically, it won't ACTUALLY be considered "complete" until ALL games that were advertised as part of the collection (which is actually more along the lines of a glorified game launcher) have been released. er..."ported" to pc. >.>
 
Dread_Pony_Roberts

Dread_Pony_Roberts

Code Cracker
Table Maker
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Messages
231
treos said:
this is a funny and silly thread to come across since technically, it won't ACTUALLY be considered "complete" until ALL games that were advertised as part of the collection (which is actually more along the lines of a glorified game launcher) have been released. er..."ported" to pc. >.>
That is the funny thing. I've had an idea for a while now that (if circumstances permit) I may make an actual complete table for MCC once it's fully released. But it's just an idea for now, only the future will tell if it comes to fruition.
 
treos

treos

Cheater
Joined
Jun 1, 2018
Messages
46
Dread_Pony_Roberts said:
treos said:
this is a funny and silly thread to come across since technically, it won't ACTUALLY be considered "complete" until ALL games that were advertised as part of the collection (which is actually more along the lines of a glorified game launcher) have been released. er..."ported" to pc. >.>
That is the funny thing. I've had an idea for a while now that (if circumstances permit) I may make an actual complete table for MCC once it's fully released. But it's just an idea for now, only the future will tell if it comes to fruition.
that sounds interesting and would be something i haven't seen anyone do before. a cheat table that covers multiple different games in a single table.
 
Dread_Pony_Roberts

Dread_Pony_Roberts

Code Cracker
Table Maker
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Messages
231
treos said:
that sounds interesting and would be something i haven't seen anyone do before. a cheat table that covers multiple different games in a single table.
Normally people don't do it since they are completely different games in all respects, exe and all. The only reason I'm considering it for MCC is that each game is technically just DLC for the MCC, they each share the same exe to run the games.

But it's just an idea for now. I think I heard that all the games will be released by the end of the year, so we'll see how things turn out by then.
 
Dread_Pony_Roberts

Dread_Pony_Roberts

Code Cracker
Table Maker
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Messages
231
Progress report. I'll start out by saying that the teleportation and flight cheats are nearing completion, my apologies for the delay. I spent the longest time trying to solve the crash, when it turns out that it had nothing to do with my table at all. I figured it out because it was a unique error message (something about D3D as I recall), it crashed even before I attached Cheat Engine to the game (big clue there), and it stopped crashing after I restarted my computer.
Now that that problem is out of the way I still had a table to finish. I decided that since I have a request for multiple teleportation saves in my Combat Evolved table, I may as well do the same here, 3 saves. It had a few hiccups such as the moving addresses, but the code itself was easy enough to complete.
Flight carried with it a lot more hiccups to deal with, but thankfully it was nothing impossible. I had a minor issue with the player's on ground flag being in a completely different location and would also change location on occasion, but it was very easy to compare it out once it was found. The most difficult part of the Flight code was the code to lock the Z axis. They used the whole xmm0 register to write 4 floats, one of which was for the Z axis. I hardly work with xmm registers so I had to learn how to separate the floats so I can prevent the Z axis float from being used (else the player wouldn't be able to move at all). Then I found that a random piece of code would cause crashes when the player crouches, thankfully though I was able to find a way to bypass that error.

Now all that's left is to get the Noclip working and test for crashes. Unless I come across an unexpected major roadblock, it should be done by the end of today or tomorrow.
 
Top