Atelier Ryza - Ever Darkness & The Secret Hideout

gahqm

Cheater
Reaction score
hi everyone, anyone can help to add below stuff to "Highlight item editor" because I don't know know to modify, it just like "read-only" can't drag N drop new item into this part :?:

9B 01 E7 03 00 00 06 06 01 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 22 01 22 01
22 01 01 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 63 00 64 00 65 00 04 03 02 00 02 00 00 00 00

9B 01 is the item ID, "06 06" first 06 is level after "item rebuild" and second 06 is "original item level". At second row, the 63 00, 64 00 and 65 00 is the enhanced equipment(Work Buff?) value and it is 2 bytes, the 04 03 02 is "Change role(Offence/Defense/Support)"

zachillios

Expert Cheater
Table Maker
Reaction score
gahqm said:
hi everyone, anyone can help to add below stuff to "Highlight item editor" because I don't know know to modify, it just like "read-only" can't drag N drop new item into this part :?:

9B 01 is the item ID, "06 06" first 06 is level after "item rebuild" and second 06 is "original item level". At second row, the 63 00, 64 00 and 65 00 is the enhanced equipment(Work Buff?) value and it is 2 bytes, the 04 03 02 is "Change role(Offence/Defense/Support)"
Just copy and paste one of the values (like ID or Quality) and then click the arrows above "HighlightedItem" and adjust them so they point to the address you want.

Valatros

Expert Cheater
Reaction score
gvargas said:
Valatros said:
A minor contribution that I always make for myself in atelier games. The LUA below can be run in cheat engine to generate a nested list of 125 basket slots quality. Set the root value to anything and it'll change the whole basket's quality. Can also do what I do and set the root to 999 and freeze it, making everything that goes into your basket max quality without having to look at it.
Is it possible to make a script or LUA to fill the container with one of each item in the game (excluding key items of course), I used to make this code for the PS4 using SaveWizard but here I'm clueless, I know the added items will not have any Traits or Effects but that can be solved manually as needed, the idea is to have like 5 of each materials at high quality so you can synthesize anything... :p
I mean... hypothetically? I think doing that via LUA would crash cheat engine and/or the game because that would be producing and editing 5000 codes at once... though I guess we could truncate it down to just however many items there are, but I don't even know how many there are.

I'll go ahead and crank one out real quick, gimme 10 or 15 min and I'll edit it in, but uh... I absolutely super very much do not recommend it.

Edit: Whelp, here it is.
local al = getAddressList()

local base = al.createMemoryRecord()
base.Description = "Container ID Codes (first 800 slots)"
base.IsGroupHeader = true
base.options = "[moActivateChildrenAsWell, moDeactivateChildrenAsWell, moRecursiveSetValue, moAllowManualCollapseAndExpand]"

local addr = "Atelier_Ryza.exe+0139AB08"

local IDValue = 0
local offsetID = 0x98c
local slotnum = 1
for i = 1, 800 do
local recID = al.createMemoryRecord()
local headertxt = string.format("Item ID Slot %d", slotnum)

recID.Description = headertxt
recID.Address = addr
recID.OffsetCount = 1
recID.Offset[0] = offsetID
recID.appendToEntry(base)
recID.type = vtWord
recID.Value = IDValue

IDValue = IDValue + 1
offsetID = offsetID + 0x42
slotnum = slotnum + 1
end

It does run without issue, I shortened it to 800 instead of the entire container since the ID list we have seems to stop at that point, but if you want more just edit the "1, 800" to "1, <Whatever>". First flaw is it doesn't edit from the "beginning" of the container, just the random slot I got the pointer to. I couldn't find the absolutely-certain-"first" slot because the game stores items in a weird way (I think in order found, but with exceptions for key items?). So I just found a pointer to a random slot in my container (but relatively early, my first clear water) and overwrote the next 800 slots from there. Second flaw is it has no concern for whatever its overwriting, and doesn't change a single damn thing about effects. So most of your items will be blank, or carry over whatever the items they replaced used to have. Third flaw I don't think it cares about key items or non-key (I didn't actually play with it much, because that is definitely not something I want to use in my game. Just a quick skim through my container to see that it was in fact full of new things I've never seen before). Fourth flaw is it doesn't add any of the items to your guide. This might change if you use them in a synthesis? Untested and I'm out of time before work.

They're there, though! In all their broken glory. It would be fairly trivial to make it edit effects in order or traits or what have you, but unfortunately effect ID's aren't in order with the item they're meant to appear on, so making it the *right* effects via a script would be impossible. Could make it just apply them all in order over and over again if you want?

All in all I made it because I could but I stand by my original assessment that this is not a good idea, heh.

acolyte

Cheater
Reaction score
gahqm said:

Woah interesting. I've been wondering why are there two levels, and didn't understand the use of all those XD Might have to play even more to care

Looks like:
Offset byte 7 (Byte): Item rebuild level
Offset byte 8 (Byte): Item original level
Offset byte 2C (2 Bytes): Work buff 1
Offset byte 2E (2 Bytes): Work buff 2
Offset byte 30 (2 Bytes): Work buff 3
Offset byte 32 (Byte): Offense
Offset byte 33 (Byte): Defense
Offset byte 34 (Byte): Support

So something like those?
I'm also curious if anyone figured out what's in byte 56 (0x38)..

As Zach said, copy-paste the row, and set the 'offset' to 0 when it asks (Put whatever in the replace). Double click on the pointer address of the new entry, then modify the 'offset' byte to one of the above

gvargas

Expert Cheater
Reaction score
Valatros said:
I mean... hypothetically? I think doing that via LUA would crash cheat engine and/or the game because that would be producing and editing 5000 codes at once... though I guess we could truncate it down to just however many items there are, but I don't even know how many there are.

I'll go ahead and crank one out real quick, gimme 10 or 15 min and I'll edit it in, but uh... I absolutely super very much do not recommend it.

Edit: Whelp, here it is.

base.options = "[moActivateChildrenAsWell, moDeactivateChildrenAsWell, moRecursiveSetValue, moAllowManualCollapseAndExpand]"

local IDValue = 0
local offsetID = 0x98c
local slotnum = 1
for i = 1, 800 do

recID.Address = addr
recID.OffsetCount = 1
recID.type = vtWord
recID.Value = IDValue

IDValue = IDValue + 1
slotnum = slotnum + 1
end

It does run without issue, I shortened it to 800 instead of the entire container since the ID list we have seems to stop at that point, but if you want more just edit the "1, 800" to "1, <Whatever>". First flaw is it doesn't edit from the "beginning" of the container, just the random slot I got the pointer to. I couldn't find the absolutely-certain-"first" slot because the game stores items in a weird way (I think in order found, but with exceptions for key items?). So I just found a pointer to a random slot in my container (but relatively early, my first clear water) and overwrote the next 800 slots from there. Second flaw is it has no concern for whatever its overwriting, and doesn't change a single damn thing about effects. So most of your items will be blank, or carry over whatever the items they replaced used to have. Third flaw I don't think it cares about key items or non-key (I didn't actually play with it much, because that is definitely not something I want to use in my game. Just a quick skim through my container to see that it was in fact full of new things I've never seen before). Fourth flaw is it doesn't add any of the items to your guide. This might change if you use them in a synthesis? Untested and I'm out of time before work.

They're there, though! In all their broken glory. It would be fairly trivial to make it edit effects in order or traits or what have you, but unfortunately effect ID's aren't in order with the item they're meant to appear on, so making it the *right* effects via a script would be impossible. Could make it just apply them all in order over and over again if you want?

All in all I made it because I could but I stand by my original assessment that this is not a good idea, heh.
Thanks Valatros! The code I used to make for the SaveWizard indeed replaced ALL the items in the container with the new ones (excluding key items) and then you can manually add those, the difference in the PS4 is that we knew where the first item in the container was stored so it was easy to just overwrite the item slot ID, item ID and Quality, or if you knew the address where your last item was stored you could start from there, anyway thanks for the effort, I will try to refine it myself... :D

Valatros

Expert Cheater
Reaction score
gvargas said:
Thanks Valatros! The code I used to make for the SaveWizard indeed replaced ALL the items in the container with the new ones (excluding key items) and then you can manually add those, the difference in the PS4 is that we knew where the first item in the container was stored so it was easy to just overwrite the item slot ID, item ID and Quality, or if you knew the address where your last item was stored you could start from there, anyway thanks for the effort, I will try to refine it myself... :D
Ahhh gotcha. Well, I can make a quick edit for quality at least.

local IDValue = 0
local offsetID = 0x98c
local offsetQuality = 0x98e
local slotnum = 1
for i = 1, 800 do
local recQuality = al.createMemoryRecord()
local headertxt2 = string.format("Item Quality Slot %d", slotnum)

recID.Address = addr
recID.OffsetCount = 1
recID.type = vtWord
recID.Value = IDValue

recQuality.Description = headertxt2
recQuality.Address = addr
recQuality.OffsetCount = 1
recQuality.Offset[0] = offsetQuality
recQuality.appentToEntry(base)
recQuality.type = vtWord
recQuality.Value = 999

IDValue = IDValue + 1
offsetQuality = offsetQuality + 0x42
slotnum = slotnum + 1
end

I'm at work so I can't test to be 100% sure, but that should add a quality code and set the quality to 999 for each one. Does double the number of codes it put in but ehhh should be fine, probably maybe!

TheNeru

Cheater
Reaction score
acolyte said:
gahqm said:

Woah interesting. I've been wondering why are there two levels, and didn't understand the use of all those XD Might have to play even more to care

Looks like:
Offset byte 7 (Byte): Item rebuild level
Offset byte 8 (Byte): Item original level
Offset byte 2C (2 Bytes): Work buff 1
Offset byte 2E (2 Bytes): Work buff 2
Offset byte 30 (2 Bytes): Work buff 3
Offset byte 32 (Byte): Offense
Offset byte 33 (Byte): Defense
Offset byte 34 (Byte): Support

So something like those?
I'm also curious if anyone figured out what's in byte 56 (0x38)..

As Zach said, copy-paste the row, and set the 'offset' to 0 when it asks (Put whatever in the replace). Double click on the pointer address of the new entry, then modify the 'offset' byte to one of the above
Ohff, I was working on this earlier. Now this makes alot of sense!
I guess I'll give up on this since you guys are working on it.. Or not... Probably will cuz I'm just that lazy.

gvargas

Expert Cheater
Reaction score
Valatros said:
gvargas said:
Ahhh gotcha. Well, I can make a quick edit for quality at least.

local IDValue = 0
local offsetID = 0x98c
local slotnum = 1
for i = 1, 800 do

recID.Address = addr
recID.OffsetCount = 1
recID.type = vtWord
recID.Value = IDValue

recQuality.appentToEntry(base)
recQuality.type = vtWord
recQuality.Value = 999

IDValue = IDValue + 1
slotnum = slotnum + 1
end

I'm at work so I can't test to be 100% sure, but that should add a quality code and set the quality to 999 for each one. Does double the number of codes it put in but ehhh should be fine, probably maybe!
Thanks! Your code works as expect, now I need to narrow the items ids it adds to just materials and not all the dummies or empty slots... :)

EDIT: The LUA with the Quality didn't work so I'm going to stick with the first one... :p

acolyte

Cheater
Reaction score
gvargas said:
You can certainly know where the first item in the container is stored by browsing backward. You can sort by acquisition time, and the first item should be close to the top of the entry. If you gather/synth, you can check the pointer to the new item too~

The list I have for item IDs has the dummies and empty slots removed.
TheNeru said:
Ohff, I was working on this earlier. Now this makes alot of sense!
I guess I'll give up on this since you guys are working on it.. Or not... Probably will cuz I'm just that lazy.
Nah I'm not working on it, just curious. I'm still at the place where I made the powerful bait. Still trying to progress thru story :p

Valatros

Expert Cheater
Reaction score
gvargas said:
Thanks! Your code works as expect, now I need to narrow the items ids it adds to just materials and not all the dummies or empty slots... :)

EDIT: The LUA with the Quality didn't work so I'm going to stick with the first one... :p
Bah, trouble of doing things from my tablet at work. I checked through the code and had a typo on line 32.

local IDValue = 0
local offsetID = 0x98c
local slotnum = 1
for i = 1, 800 do

recID.Address = addr
recID.OffsetCount = 1
recID.type = vtWord
recID.Value = IDValue

recQuality.appendToEntry(base)
recQuality.type = vtWord
recQuality.Value = 999

IDValue = IDValue + 1
slotnum = slotnum + 1
end

Quality SHOULD work this time, or if it doesn't I officially need to wait to get home to figure out why. I'll try to crank one out that only uses the item ID's in the list without all the dummy ones. Probably just a bunch of elseif's.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure how cheatengine handles elseif's and that's going to be a syntax nightmare without me being able to test the codes. I'll give it a crack tomorrow if you still need it then. Thought I Could just google it but the only examples of people using if/then's in cheat engine that I could quickly find weren't checking for the same kind of things so I don't wanna put out code and do bugtesting through you guys.

Edit2: Haaaaaaah mostly leaving this here for myself later. I found some examples of how cheatengine handles if's and made a set of codes that *should* only use valid trait ID's. Should. Also did some formatting to group the codes better. Try the below code at your own risk (though if you do, tell me if it works!). It's completely untested other than me doing a lot of ctrl+f and rereads to make sure I didn't have any typo's floating around.

base.Description = "Container Codes (first 446 slots)"
base.options = "[moActivateChildrenAsWell, moDeactivateChildrenAsWell, moRecursiveSetValue, moAllowManualCollapseAndExpand, moManualExpandCollapse]"

local baseID = al.createMemoryRecord()
baseID.Description = "Container ID Codes"
baseID.IsGroupHeader = true
baseID.options = "[moActivateChildrenAsWell, moDeactivateChildrenAsWell, moRecursiveSetValue, moAllowManualCollapseAndExpand, moManualExpandCollapse]"
baseID.appendToEntry(base)

local baseQ = al.createMemoryRecord()
baseQ.Description = "Container Quality Codes"
baseQ.IsGroupHeader = true
baseQ.options = "[moActivateChildrenAsWell, moDeactivateChildrenAsWell, moRecursiveSetValue, moAllowManualCollapseAndExpand, moManualExpandCollapse]"
baseQ.appendToEntry(base)

local IDValue = 0
local offsetID = 0x98c
local slotnum = 1
for i = 1, 446 do

recID.Address = addr
recID.OffsetCount = 1
recID.appendToEntry(baseID)
recID.type = vtWord
recID.Value = IDValue

recQuality.appendToEntry(baseQ)
recQuality.type = vtWord
recQuality.Value = 999

IDValue = IDValue + 1

if IDValue == 208 then
IDValue = 237
elseif IDValue == 257 then
IDValue = 267
elseif IDValue == 280 then
IDValue = 289
elseif IDValue == 299 then
IDValue = 309
elseif IDValue == 324 then
IDValue = 329
elseif IDValue == 386 then
IDValue = 406
elseif IDValue == 436 then
IDValue = 456
elseif IDValue == 471 then
IDValue = 481
elseif IDValue == 493 then
IDValue = 503
elseif IDValue == 536 then
IDValue = 674
elseif IDValue == 677 then
IDValue = 678
elseif IDValue == 684 then
IDValue = 685
elseif IDValue == 691 then
IDValue = 692
end

slotnum = slotnum + 1
end

Algester

Expert Cheater
Reaction score
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CheatTable>
<CheatEntries>
<CheatEntry>
<ID>221</ID>
<Description>"Easy Synthesis Level Up"</Description>
<LastState Activated="1"/>
<VariableType>Auto Assembler Script</VariableType>
<AssemblerScript>{ Game : Atelier_Ryza.exe
Version:
Date : 2019-11-01
Author : Zach

This script does blah blah blah
}

[ENABLE]

aobscanmodule(INJECT,Atelier_Ryza.exe,01 42 10 48 63 07) // should be unique
alloc(newmem,$1000,"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A40FA)

label(code)
label(return)

newmem:

code:
add [rdx+10],#15
movsxd rax,dword ptr [rdi]
jmp return

INJECT:
jmp newmem
nop
return:
registersymbol(INJECT)

[DISABLE]

INJECT:
db 01 42 10 48 63 07

unregistersymbol(INJECT)
dealloc(newmem)

{
// ORIGINAL CODE - INJECTION POINT: "Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A40FA

"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A40CF: 83 F8 03 - cmp eax,03
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A40D2: 77 0E - ja Atelier_Ryza.exe+A40E2
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A40D4: 48 8B 8C 24 B0 00 00 00 - mov rcx,[rsp+000000B0]
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A40DC: 80 3C 08 00 - cmp byte ptr [rax+rcx],00
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A40E0: 74 30 - je Atelier_Ryza.exe+A4112
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A40E2: 48 63 07 - movsxd rax,dword ptr [rdi]
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A40E5: 48 8D 14 C5 00 00 00 00 - lea rdx,[rax*8+00000000]
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A40ED: 48 8B 84 24 B8 00 00 00 - mov rax,[rsp+000000B8]
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A40F5: 48 03 D5 - add rdx,rbp
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A40F8: 8B 00 - mov eax,[rax]
// ---------- INJECTING HERE ----------
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A40FA: 01 42 10 - add [rdx+10],eax
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A40FD: 48 63 07 - movsxd rax,dword ptr [rdi]
// ---------- DONE INJECTING ----------
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A4100: 8B 8C 85 88 01 00 00 - mov ecx,[rbp+rax*4+00000188]
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A4107: 8B 42 10 - mov eax,[rdx+10]
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A410A: 3B C1 - cmp eax,ecx
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A410C: 0F 4F C1 - cmovg eax,ecx
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A410F: 89 42 10 - mov [rdx+10],eax
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A4112: 33 FF - xor edi,edi
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A4114: 48 8D 43 54 - lea rax,[rbx+54]
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A4118: 89 BC 24 A0 00 00 00 - mov [rsp+000000A0],edi
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A411F: 48 89 44 24 58 - mov [rsp+58],rax
"Atelier_Ryza.exe"+A4124: 8B 00 - mov eax,[rax]
}
</AssemblerScript>
</CheatEntry>
</CheatEntries>
</CheatTable>

I changed the synth ring code a bit it should be the "max" potential value in the game unless later synths are more insane requiring more than 15 elemental levels

zachillios

Expert Cheater
Table Maker
Reaction score
OP updated. I've completed the game so I'm going to slow down my efforts. I'll be happy to continuing adding stuff you guys make and updating it through all the dlc patches and what not though.

Algester

Expert Cheater
Reaction score
The max synth value while helpful, the true OPness must come from being able to hack the elemental values of the game I wonder of the +1 elemental value effect from the spirit bottle can be inserted into any item

TheNeru

Cheater
Reaction score
zachillios said:
OP updated. I've completed the game so I'm going to slow down my efforts. I'll be happy to continuing adding stuff you guys make and updating it through all the dlc patches and what not though.
acolyte said:
Thanks for the work, zach! Glad we could be of help!
Booyeah! Props and kudos to everyone. Too many to give thanks to.

Anywho! acolyte, if it ain't asking too much. I'm kinda particular with item effects and traits.
Some description for them would be nice in your list. And I can't discern some effects with just their names.

acolyte

Cheater
Reaction score
TheNeru said:
Booyeah! Props and kudos to everyone. Too many to give thanks to.

Anywho! acolyte, if it ain't asking too much. I'm kinda particular with item effects and traits.
Some description for them would be nice in your list. And I can't discern some effects with just their names.
Unfortunately I haven't gotten too far to get any kind of description for traits. Most of the traits aren't uncovered by me yet, and the Item effects will take quite a while to write down, given there's 901 effects. Is it in the game database somewhere? I manually typed the 700+ effects.

Otherwise it'll take a while for me to type everything out haha, but you can use that as a template for spreadsheet using convert text-to-table.

Here's spreadsheet form of
Effect List
Traits List

TheNeru

Cheater
Reaction score
acolyte said:
Unfortunately I haven't gotten too far to get any kind of description for traits. Most of the traits aren't uncovered by me yet, and the Item effects will take quite a while to write down, given there's 901 effects. Is it in the game database somewhere? I manually typed the 700+ effects.

Otherwise it'll take a while for me to type everything out haha, but you can use that as a template for spreadsheet using convert text-to-table.
Not sure.. But thanks for taking the time to humor me. Humor sounds mean, entertain? Indulge? Dunno but you get my point. Hopefully people will help out once more. I'll fill in when I can.

acolyte

Cheater
Reaction score
TheNeru said:
Not sure.. But thanks for taking the time to humor me. Humor sounds mean, entertain? Indulge? Dunno but you get my point. Hopefully people will help out once more. I'll fill in when I can.
Ah I found it in the game, but I can't find the link between the Traits/Effects and the description. Definitely something you can parse.

For example for HP Charge:
<CLGR>[Effect increases with trait level: Max level 30]<CLNR> Slightly increases maximum HP

If I can find a link between the two, I can try to script it.

EDIT: Found it. I should be able to script something in the coming days. Will take a while because I'll need to understand the data format.

Martijn1234

Expert Cheater
Reaction score
Possible to add all the quest items to the highlighted item editor or something??