[TOOL] Remnant: From the Ashes Checksum Fixer

Idlehands88

Expert Cheater
Fearless Donors
Table Maker
Joined
Jun 11, 2018
Messages
268
Reaction score
409
Here is a tool I made that will fix the Checksum for your profile.sav and save_#.sav files. Just open your file into the tool and press the Fix Checksum button.

NOTE: THIS DOES NOT FIX THE BYTE COUNT, SO IF YOU ADDED/REMOVED BYTES FROM THE SAVE THIS WILL NOT FIX YOUR SAVE

SAVE LOCATION: C:\Users\<USERAME>\AppData\Local\Remnant\Saved\SaveGames\

File Password: fearless

VIRUS SCAN: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/bc469befb594cba75cc3170b1e5e93bd17f25aa73e1f75f57b755bcff2f6bd30/detection
 

Attachments

Idlehands88

Expert Cheater
Fearless Donors
Table Maker
Joined
Jun 11, 2018
Messages
268
Reaction score
409
prantsuse said:
Why is the file encrypted in the first place?
What do you mean? The file is not encrypted :/
 

Idlehands88

Expert Cheater
Fearless Donors
Table Maker
Joined
Jun 11, 2018
Messages
268
Reaction score
409
prantsuse said:
Idlehands88 said:
prantsuse said:
Why is the file encrypted in the first place?
What do you mean? The file is not encrypted :/
I meant why does it have a password, kind of strange is all
Because it has to have a password: https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9816
 

SunBeam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Feb 4, 2018
Messages
3,481
Reaction score
1,864
^ LOL. Yet another one (prantsuse) who fails at reading the rules; tsk tsk tsk.
 

STN

Founder
Administrator
Joined
Mar 2, 2017
Messages
3,755
Reaction score
43
prantsuse said:
I meant why does it have a password, kind of strange is all
Automated bots scrape the content then freak out because their crappy antivirus thinks the file is dangerous and slap a malware warning to the site. Users then complain the site is hacked or disturbing malware because some bot thinks trainers are dangerous.
 

SunBeam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Feb 4, 2018
Messages
3,481
Reaction score
1,864
^ You are dangerous :p BITCH!
 

TroliusMaximus

Expert Cheater
Joined
May 25, 2017
Messages
154
Reaction score
14
Thanks a lot for this! It allows me to change the character's look any time now!
 

oldman82

Noobzor
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Passwording archives is common practise these days ,stops certain types of scanning.
 

mastergaming234

Noobzor
Joined
Nov 23, 2018
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Idlehands88 said:
Here is a tool I made that will fix the Checksum for your profile.sav and save_#.sav files. Just open your file into the tool and press the Fix Checksum button.

NOTE: THIS DOES NOT FIX THE BYTE COUNT, SO IF YOU ADDED/REMOVED BYTES FROM THE SAVE THIS WILL NOT FIX YOUR SAVE

SAVE LOCATION: C:\Users\<USERAME>\AppData\Local\Remnant\Saved\SaveGames\

File Password: fearless

VIRUS SCAN: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/bc469befb594cba75cc3170b1e5e93bd17f25aa73e1f75f57b755bcff2f6bd30/detection
I know this post is old but will this fix the issues of the game saying that is detecting a potential cheat when joining someone lobby?
 
Top