Theme/Style changes?

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
TheyCallMeTim13
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Theme/Style changes?

Post by TheyCallMeTim13 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:34 pm

Was there some of the Theme settings removed? I'm no longer able to set some of the display settings.

And on carbon the header image doesn't show.

[url='http://i.imgur.com/GlUxvfV.png'][img]http://i.imgur.com/GlUxvfV.png[/img][/url]
"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology."
-- Carl Sagan

TechnoJacker
Administration
Administration

Theme/Style changes?

Post by TechnoJacker » Thu May 17, 2018 12:40 pm

Should be fixed shortly. I was working on fixing some add-on/style errors on the forum in preparedness for an update.

mac4500
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Theme/Style changes?

Post by mac4500 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:49 pm

what happen to the other style that was on here yesterday

SunBeam
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Theme/Style changes?

Post by SunBeam » Thu May 17, 2018 3:10 pm

[USER=348]@mac4500[/USER]: Addressing old issues and forum log errors. Themes will be updated to latest version as soon as [USER=1]@STN[/USER] gets online.

STN
Founder
Founder

Theme/Style changes?

Post by STN » Thu May 17, 2018 3:50 pm

[QUOTE="mac4500, post: 46199, member: 348"]what happen to the other style that was on here yesterday[/QUOTE]

Can you be more specific? The only themes we have are xenforo2 default, uix, carbon, ortem and vertiforo. I am not aware of any other theme.

Updating themes now
For site updates, follow FRF's official Twitter, Facebook

TheyCallMeTim13
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Theme/Style changes?

Post by TheyCallMeTim13 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:58 pm

Every thing seems to be back, but the title shows as the theme name.

[url='http://i.imgur.com/QK7QDYi.png'][img]http://i.imgur.com/QK7QDYi.png[/img][/url]
"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology."
-- Carl Sagan

STN
Founder
Founder

Theme/Style changes?

Post by STN » Thu May 17, 2018 5:04 pm

[QUOTE="TheyCallMeTim13, post: 46214, member: 91"]Every thing seems to be back, but the title shows as the theme name.

[URL='http://i.imgur.com/QK7QDYi.png'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QK7QDYi.png[/IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]

Yeah all the changes are fucked. I am fixing up uix now then carbon then ortem.

TheyCallMeTim13
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Theme/Style changes?

Post by TheyCallMeTim13 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Kinda figured you guys were on it, but just wanted to bring it to your attention.

OT, can you guys look at adding a button in the anchored tool bar, for just reloading the main page?

Say; Forum icon, User control thing, inbox, alerts, ...
-- Carl Sagan

SunBeam
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Theme/Style changes?

Post by SunBeam » Thu May 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Just don't "fix" more than required. Especially removing code that might trigger those ACP errors in the log.

STN
Founder
Founder

Theme/Style changes?

Post by STN » Thu May 17, 2018 6:13 pm

[QUOTE="SunBeam, post: 46219, member: 12587"]Just don't "fix" more than required. Especially removing code that might trigger those ACP errors in the log.[/QUOTE]

Actually i am completely oblivious to the changes that are going on - to the themes or forums.

I was asked to update the styles which i did and the only fix i have done is change the default logo to mention frf name and remove the mega footer from the theme settings without changing any code.

If there are server errors, my guess is it's one of the mods or code changes or idk.

I guess i should have given out my xenforo login and let you guys updated it, at least i wouldn't be blamed then.

SunBeam
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Theme/Style changes?

Post by SunBeam » Thu May 17, 2018 6:24 pm

Sigh.

TechnoJacker
Administration
Administration

Theme/Style changes?

Post by TechnoJacker » Thu May 17, 2018 9:09 pm

Just for the record, I was the one that messed up the styles. So if anyone is to be blamed, it was me. I reverted some templates that have gotten messed up from some faulty add-ons and made some changes to other templates to fix some problems I came across. Problem is (Unbeknownst to me at the time), how XenForo works, it creates a template cache to speed up processing the styles on page load. So by reverting a template, it messes up the cached version and a new template cache had to be regenerated. To do so, the style needed to to be updated again so all the template modifications from the add-ons and options are cached again in the template cache. This is what caused the problems [USER=91]@TheyCallMeTim13[/USER] and others experienced. I didn't have access to the styles so I asked STN when he had the chance to update them to fix the problem I created. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience I caused. I was trying to make the forum more stable and a better experience for everyone.

Thank you again [USER=1]@STN[/USER] for your help. I learned my lesson, from now on before I do anything major or may have detrimental effects on the site, I will consult you first.