About veh debugger error

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Post Reply
scroggs1
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:32 am
Reputation: 0

About veh debugger error

Post by scroggs1 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:49 am

Hi I'm using my 6.6 cheat engine for dark souls, and I have something stange things happening. I had to use the 'Find out ~~address' function and a pop up said it required veh debugger to be turned on. So the DS3 ct has a tick that turns on the veh debugger. And whenever I tick it, it would show up a error message saying "failure determining what "vehdebug-86x-64x.InitializeVEH" means ". So I went to settings-> debugger options -> Use veh debugger. And still I couldnt use the 'Find out address' function, showing the same pop up.

And the engine advised me to use a processpicker or check if you have debugging rights. Since I neither know former nor latter one I'm asking here. Please help.

I may have some typo about the error message so I'll assume you'll understand what I'm talking about.

User avatar
Blayde
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:37 pm
Reputation: 41
Contact:

Re: About veh debugger error

Post by Blayde » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:28 am

"vehdebug-86x-64x.InitializeVEH" means - anti-debug.
Use DBVM instead.

scroggs1
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:32 am
Reputation: 0

Re: About veh debugger error

Post by scroggs1 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:01 am

Whats a DBVM and anti debug?

Regardlessly I thought it was just the problem with the 32 64 bit thingy

User avatar
Blayde
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:37 pm
Reputation: 41
Contact:

Re: About veh debugger error

Post by Blayde » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:53 pm

DBVM - DarkByteVirtualMachine
The game ( maybe ) have anti-debug protection.

Tut:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es-ziVPhrNs&t=1s

PS: Intel CPU only

scroggs1
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:32 am
Reputation: 0

Re: About veh debugger error

Post by scroggs1 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:22 pm

B..but i did exactly same as the tutorial and I've never seen anyone had such error. As I said, the error message could be incorrect because i didn't wrote it one by one looking at the error but I just googled the similar error message and copy pasted it since I wasnt able to access my computer.

User avatar
Blayde
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:37 pm
Reputation: 41
Contact:

Re: About veh debugger error

Post by Blayde » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:16 pm

scroggs1 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:22 pm
B..but i did exactly same as the tutorial and I've never seen anyone had such error. As I said, the error message could be incorrect because i didn't wrote it one by one looking at the error but I just googled the similar error message and copy pasted it since I wasnt able to access my computer.
I have the same problem (VEH error) with CoDWWII because of anti-debug protection.
You have( if the game is using something similar - anti-debug) to use kernel debugger ( +DBVM).
Without correct error message i can not help here.
You can try CE forum as well: http://forum.cheatengine.org/

scroggs1
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:32 am
Reputation: 0

Re: About veh debugger error

Post by scroggs1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:09 am

Um and how do I use kernel debugger? Could you link a tutorial? Or explain what debuggers are? I'm just following exactly the same as the tutorial so I know nothing about cheat engine.

And about the error, this is the correct one I suppose.
Failure determining what "vehdebug-x86_64.InitializeVEH" means.

Which is quite the same.

User avatar
Blayde
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:37 pm
Reputation: 41
Contact:

Re: About veh debugger error

Post by Blayde » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:27 am

scroggs1 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:09 am
Um and how do I use kernel debugger? Could you link a tutorial? Or explain what debuggers are? I'm just following exactly the same as the tutorial so I know nothing about cheat engine.

And about the error, this is the correct one I suppose.
Failure determining what "vehdebug-x86_64.InitializeVEH" means.

Which is quite the same.
Failure determining what "vehdebug-x86_64.InitializeVEH" means - Yeah it's anti-debug (or something).
You don't need to know what debbuger is, but how to use it. Expect BSOD with kernel debugger.
If you are on amd the chances to work are minimal.

Start from the beginnig:
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewforum.php?f=7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJpNn2G ... xv2m6mrmHr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzZ259y ... 7FE8AEA4D2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9d11Ei ... o&index=54

scroggs1
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:32 am
Reputation: 0

Re: About veh debugger error

Post by scroggs1 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:29 pm

Well I tried to use the DBVM following the tutorial :http://wiki.cheatengine.org/index.php?title=DBVM

And I'm stuck with the part of turning it on by clicking the "your system supports DBVM" Button.

It gives me a error message and does nothing so I right clicked it showing up a popup
http://imgur.com/PbI8Fel
Clicked those load button several times but nothing happened.

User avatar
Blayde
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:37 pm
Reputation: 41
Contact:

Re: About veh debugger error

Post by Blayde » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:47 pm

scroggs1 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:29 pm
Well I tried to use the DBVM following the tutorial :http://wiki.cheatengine.org/index.php?title=DBVM

And I'm stuck with the part of turning it on by clicking the "your system supports DBVM" Button.

It gives me a error message and does nothing so I right clicked it showing up a popup
http://imgur.com/PbI8Fel
Clicked those load button several times but nothing happened.
It's better to ask Dark Byte ( Eric ) for help.
Maybe it's a bug or the problem is in your cpu.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users