Noobzor

[Request] S.W.I.N.E. HD Remaster freeze countdown

Post by AlphaLion »

Game Name: S.W.I.N.E. HD Remaster
Game Engine: unknown
Game Version: v1.4.1731
Options Required: freeze countdown/timer
[Link]
Other Info: I mean the countdown in the pig campaign, on the 9th mission (rabbit airport). Here you have 50 minutes to complete the level which I find stupidly imbalanced in combination with the insane amount of enemies placed on the map. So I'd like to play through this level without this limit of 50 minutes. I don't think there are other aspect that'd need to be mentioned.

I think I'd prefer a trainer, because that would run separately, without Cheat Engine? But I'm not sure, I'm not a very advanced user. A table would be just as fine I guess
This would be a free request. I'd appreciate if anyone is kind enough to help me. I think I managed to find the time value, but I was unable to do anything with it, it'd always reset to its normal value.

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: [Request] S.W.I.N.E. HD Remaster freeze countdown

Post by VampTY »

Hello,

Ok, so i have the version S.W.I.N.E.HD.Remaster.v1.5.1812 (pirated version), i've included a very awful converted recorded video (will only be on for 48 hrs) and the time i guess is that in the right corner?If that is that thingy you wanted, since you haven't provided also a saved game, then perhaps it might work also for your version!

Table is done with Cheat Engine 7.3.

Let me know if this works for your version also, if not i can take another look, uh, also best of luck!

NOTE: there's a hotkey for timer also, NUMPAD 0
Attachments
swineHD.CT
S.W.I.N.E.HD.Remaster.v1.5.1812 [Timer]
(1.1 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

AlphaLion
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by AlphaLion »

Wow, thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately it does not work in my version. Pressing the checkbox does nothing, and using the hotkey only says "timer deactivated", but it never says "timer activated" like it does for you in the video.

You're right I forgot the save file D: I included mine this time, which is a save from just after the start of the level. (As I've read the guide I'm supposed to put a password on it, so I did. The password is the same as the file name without the extension: SwineHDPig9start). I could upload the whole game for you if that's necessary because of the version difference.

Edit: I'm also using Cheat Engine v7.3. I'm honestly not sure if the timer in the top right corner is the same as the timer in the said mission, because that countdown is much larger and is in the middle top section of the screen. This countdown starts at 50:00 minutes and counts down to 0, while the timer in the top right corner goes from 0:00 and goes up. Moreover I've seen cases where these 2 timers were out of sync (I don't know how), so stopping the top right timer might not do the job, but I'm just guessing.
Attachments
SwineHDPig9start.zip
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 46 times

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Well you are using an older version, i have downloaded a newer version, anyway to make it work you need to change inside that script something, meaning:

aobscanmodule(timer,swineHD.exe,FF 83 F4 16 00 00)

into

aobscanmodule(timer,swine.exe,FF 83 F4 16 00 00)

It's the .exe HD, that was added in the newer version.I'll take a look later, tomorrow, for that mission 9, since i need to downgrade the version i have (or not), first it depends if that save is working.

Take care!

Numpad 1
Numpad 2

Give them a try, also you can modify the values inside those scripts, where is "(int)1" or where is "(int)72020", let me know if it works for your version and best of luck!
Attachments
swineHD.CT
S.W.I.N.E. HD Remaster [Timers] +2
(2.15 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Last edited by VampTY on Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlphaLion
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by AlphaLion »

Edit: Oh sorry I saw your edit just after sending this reply. The 2nd option "timer down" works! It's frozen at 60:00. I appreciate your quick help, thank you for your time! Finally I can play this level without frustration :D Thanks again!

Changing it from "swineHD.exe" to "swine.exe" did it, the script is usable now. The timer in the top right stays at 0. However the countdown in this specific mission continues regardless. I waited until the countdown reached zero with this cheat on just to make sure, and the mission did not fail, the countdown simply disappeared.

However I noticed a weird issue: the viewrange of each unit was not updating as they were moving forward. Normally there's fog of war everywhere and you can only see and spot enemies inside the area of your units' viewrange. So if I move my commander vehicle forward, the game should update its viewrange based on the the vehicle's new position, but it doesn't happen. The viewrange stays at the same area like the vehicle wasn't moved at all. So right now I can drive my units into the fog of war and then lose control over them because they get outside their own viewrange, funnily enough. My guess is the game updates the current viewrange of every unit once a second (judging by how it visually changes when they're moving) and because the timer is frozen at 0, there are no updates happening at all.

This still might be a solution because in my theory I could just play the level normally, then just before the countdown reaches 0, I turn on your cheat, wait until the countdown disappears and then continue playing with no time restriction. But I'll have to do testing to see if this works as expected.

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Did you tried the updated last table?On my last edit?

Whenever you feel the need to enable/disable some option to reset the timer, do it, don't leave them on, just activate and then disable, for that in the upper right is set to 0, the other one in middle is set to 60 minutes, so whenever you'll activate something, they'll do that!You can modify values as explained up!

Best wishes!
--------
EDIT: Ok, all good then ! :) :P