Question about XBox 360 save game hacking

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Zawimi
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Question about XBox 360 save game hacking

Post by Zawimi »

I am playing Skyrim on my brother in law's 360. I know that the save files are transferable to the PC and I have found some rough tutorials on adding gold and such to a Skyrim save file. I enjoy hacking save files, that's why. It's fun.

Anyway, my brother in law says that if you mess with the data on a USB key and reinsert it into the console, Microsoft will immediately detect the change and ban the account. My sister goes further in stating that Microsoft will brick the console.

This all sounds like a bunch of crap to me. I can understand Microsoft looking for illegal mods and banning the account, but hacking a save file isn't illegal and bricking the console? Really?

How much truth is there to this?

KyoSune
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Question about XBox 360 save game hacking

Post by KyoSune »

It's all bull.

They can't detect save game data remotely and Microsoft also cannot brick consoles remotely.

The only time they would PROBABLY detect it is if you played on an online game and got reported for hacking. But other than that, that's PROBABLY the worst of it. And I say PROBABLY with caps, because it is still a stretch.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Question about XBox 360 save game hacking

Post by TimFun13 »

Zawimi wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:07 am
I just want to point out if this were true. A corrupted file would lead to banning and a bricked XBox. So this doesn't seem realistic.