Post by Empress_Ravenna »

click download file, but i'll try a diff link too

added a new link.

Malhavoc431
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: X4 Foundations

Post by Malhavoc431 »

I'd like to add onto this request for a Faction Reputation option. 90% of all good stuff is behind a Reputation Wall.

Empress_Ravenna
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

edit your save game file for reputation

ishist
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ishist »

Empress_Ravenna wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:26 am
edit your save game file for reputation
Could someone who has succeeded explain how? I've tinkered around with it but it isn't the most obvious thing. Each faction has reputation listing but they are listed as 0.00089 or -1 etc. There are also lines such as <booster faction="player" relation="0.00128" time="24073.779"/>. Is that a modifier to earned reputation?

Empress_Ravenna
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

i believe 1 is max, and its faction under player, and say Argon? make there 1 to Player not 0.1 (unsure what max is as a decimal value its possible 1 is 10?)

ShadowTek
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ShadowTek »

Hi I edited my reps in the save file to "1" and now have a +30 rep in game with a few groups, the problem is that doesn't give you any licenses, arn't you suppose to get the military license when you hit 10? Also I cannot by any of the licenses they sell as they say rep not high enough (and its maxed) so I think editing rep is a bad idea as I think its when you hit certain rep ranks in-game you get the license but if you just max your rep, you get nothing.

Anyone else notice this?

EDIT also 1 seems to be max (+30 in game) 0.1 is +10 in game i believe.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Uuuuuuu.. nreal 4? :P

ShadowTek
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ShadowTek »

SunBeam wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:06 pm
Uuuuuuu.. nreal 4? :P
Sorry? Don't understand? My post was on editing rep that somebody made on page one of this thread?

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

I was asking which game engine is used for this title.

ShadowTek
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ShadowTek »

SunBeam wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:12 pm
I was asking which game engine is used for this title.
Ahh OK sorry, no idea man.

tontsa00
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by tontsa00 »

Only info about engine i found that it uses Vulkan, not sure about this. Anyone else know about engine? Just curious. Also just bought this game myself too :)

Empress_Ravenna
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

its an Inhouse engine, i believe and Vulkan is a NVIDIA thing.. i know Prelude was using the X3 Reality engine (inhouse).. but ya this one must be diffeent as we all know "thereshallbewings" was a code u entered for your name to enable Cheat Menu... there is none im aware of i tried it...

Empress_Ravenna
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

ShadowTek wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:54 pm
Hi I edited my reps in the save file to "1" and now have a +30 rep in game with a few groups, the problem is that doesn't give you any licenses, arn't you suppose to get the military license when you hit 10? Also I cannot by any of the licenses they sell as they say rep not high enough (and its maxed) so I think editing rep is a bad idea as I think its when you hit certain rep ranks in-game you get the license but if you just max your rep, you get nothing.

Anyone else notice this?

EDIT also 1 seems to be max (+30 in game) 0.1 is +10 in game i believe.

see a Station / Faction Manager, they sell the licenses. and you can try increasing rep ingame too if you think thats a bug, i never had that problem (could be a bug) but as far as i know Faction leaders have the licenses.. just like the Blueprints (which im trying to figure out how to find a wharf/place to upgrade my ship still)

tontsa00
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by tontsa00 »

I've found this on Steam forums: In 08.dat you can find a file containing "function menu.createCheats(frame)":
name = "Enable All Cheats",
name = "Reveal map",
name = "Reveal stations",
name = "Cheat 1bn Credits",
name = "Cheat SETA",
name = "Reveal encyclopedia",
name = "Spawn CVs",
name = "Fill nearby Build Storages",
name = "Inc Crew skill",
name = "Open Flowchart Test",
name = "Cheat All Research",
name = "Cheat Docking Traffic"

This menu is activated only when some external function IsCheatVersion() (probably from x4.exe) returns true. And it is possible that this function always returns false in the current .exe version :) Maybe you can extract the .lua file and remove IsCheatVersion() dependency.

So there is indeed cheat menu, not sure how to get it working since never done any .lua file editing.

ShadowTek
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ShadowTek »

Empress_Ravenna wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:52 pm
see a Station / Faction Manager, they sell the licenses. and you can try increasing rep ingame too if you think thats a bug, i never had that problem (could be a bug) but as far as i know Faction leaders have the licenses.. just like the Blueprints (which im trying to figure out how to find a wharf/place to upgrade my ship still)
Hi, yeah that's what I mean, when you goto a faction leader with max rep it still says rep not high enough, also apparently If I understand this correctly the military license is free and you get it when you hit level 10, I think its automatic however if you edit the save to max rep, it never gives you the license . Thats why I'm thinking editing the rep might not be a good idea?

I did buy some blueprints but no idea what they are for lol, base stuff I'm guessing.

Maybe as you said, increasing rep in game will cause all the licenses to trigger, I think I'm gonna try and see how to edit rep so it's at +9 and raise it in game to 10 and see what happens.