Monster Hunter World Modded Stuff and Things

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Monster Hunter World Modded Stuff and Things

Post by Eternallydissolved »

Envy wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:07 am
Hmm i tested the thing with power prolonger and the kinsect buff duration. Its very weird...

I tested it with high numbers and you don't even get a buff then -> negativ value i guess
I tested it from 0-9 which acutally makes me wonder because for example hex value 09 extends the buffs to around 7.30 minutes from 1.30 minute standard.
Hex value 08 did the same as high values -> you dont get a buff.
Hex value 05 has the same value as the standard one....
Hex value 78 -> 0.40 Minutes buff duration...wtf...
so what does crapcom did with their calculation....
That i have not yet been able to figure out yet. what i can tell you is for the value directly after the modifier ie, attack boost +50 or in hex, 32, the following byte will add 255 for each number, so 3201 would be +305. I think they did this as a way to have higher values without the need to parse high byte lengths. I have yet to figure out how to add to the recovery rate for vaal hazak vitality, or to add more iframes to the evasion window skill, as well as a few other ones that are incremental but i think you may actually be on to something with that.

Envy
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Envy »

I know with the second bytes its like all values a multiplier but there must be somewhere another core file which defines further values but its kinda funny to edit botanist etc and collect 20 times on a ore node :D

For things that reduce for example your stamina the values are from 100-0 so the lowest possible value would be 01 but i'm interested if negative values would be possible so you would regenerate stamina instead of depleting it

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Envy wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:11 pm
I know with the second bytes its like all values a multiplier but there must be somewhere another core file which defines further values but its kinda funny to edit botanist etc and collect 20 times on a ore node :D

For things that reduce for example your stamina the values are from 100-0 so the lowest possible value would be 01 but i'm interested if negative values would be possible so you would regenerate stamina instead of depleting it
tried this with the constitution skill, values above hex 64 actually increase stamina use per move. ff takes like 80 stamina for one dodge move

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

I forgot which thread i was having that conversation in when i posted this so i'm going to mirror it here in the right place. This is a link to a mod on the nexus which will allow for purchase of the throwing knives(for the slinger) as well as all consumables among other things which i have no use for(ie. some monster materials) and a modded itemdata file which will allow the knives to be kept through multiple quests.
https://www.fearlessrevolution.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/44
itemData.zip
Mod file that will allow the carrying and keeping through multiple quests of all types of throwing knife while still also maintaining the 125 item limit for the item pouch
(8.36 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

TemptingIcarus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TemptingIcarus »

So did the Poison Damage get modified at all?

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

TemptingIcarus wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:36 am
So did the Poison Damage get modified at all?
I am still looking, but i think i may have found the parameter files for a good bit of stuff, and i believe that data may yet be in there. problem is, best i can tell from the hex; i think they may be encrypted.

TemptingIcarus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TemptingIcarus »

Oh okay. Since you asked about testing stuff. I am running into the problem where all my equipment has funky wording on it now. Guessing there's a fix or work-around. If not I'll make a new char or something. Since I can't obtain the layered Halloween Armor either.

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

TemptingIcarus wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:36 pm
Oh okay. Since you asked about testing stuff. I am running into the problem where all my equipment has funky wording on it now. Guessing there's a fix or work-around. If not I'll make a new char or something. Since I can't obtain the layered Halloween Armor either.
Your running idlehands88's armor mod, which uses an older armor.am_dat file, which has been replaced in the chunk3.bin from the latest update. shirokaido has posted an armor file which will fix the problem, however you would need to use the alpha release armor editor to edit the pieces of equipment you use back to the skills and defense/resistances you prefer for said pieces. He posted it as a request to another user with the equipment requested; modded. I would also be willing to do the same thing, just post the armor pieces, the desired defense per piece, and resistances per piece along with skill changes and i can mod it, and upload it here for you if your not comfortable using the armor editor.
Last edited by Eternallydissolved on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteNOiz
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by WhiteNOiz »

Eternallydissolved wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:55 pm
You mean v1.0.0 alpha, right sir?

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

WhiteNOiz wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:49 am
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:55 pm
You mean v1.0.0 alpha, right sir?
they both are doing screwy things at the moment, but the simplest problem is still with the editor suite v1.01 alpha. When i made my earlier post, i had not run into the error being created in the latest updated files by the 0.0.1 alpha release armor editor as i had not crafted any armor in a while. I had to edit a new file using the suite because my old one had been corrupted in such a way by the first release armor editor that the game would crash to desktop as soon as i went into the armor crafting menu at the smithy. with the latest version the glitch i have run into is if i am in the set decorations menu and selecting a decoration too long, it will also ctd but if you place a decoration or 2, then go back out of the item box menu then back into it and set decorations, it can be used as a work around, and it is possible that i may be the only person affected thus far. if your asking about idlehands88 alpha armor mod, then yes i was also referring to that as the older armor.am_dat file is the source of the bugged view equipment info menu and has also caused crashes for other users. The file you would need to mod is locate in chunk3.bin and it was also posted by shirokaido in this thread with some small edits.

WhiteNOiz
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by WhiteNOiz »

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:07 am
Thanks for answering me. I just knowed this armor mod yesterday when checking comment between you and Shirokaido in cheat table topic. I downloaded the both armor mod from post 1, and the game was crashed right after saving notice. Now I'm using the armor mod from Shirokaido's nativePC file instead and maybe I will stick with it for a while. Thanks again for sharing, you and Shirokaido too. :D

TemptingIcarus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TemptingIcarus »

I'd be willing to make a small Discord for stuff like this. Would anyone be interested? Real time calculations and discovery is a lot better than waiting around. Lol.

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

TemptingIcarus wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:58 pm
I'd be willing to make a small Discord for stuff like this. Would anyone be interested? Real time calculations and discovery is a lot better than waiting around. Lol.
well i have yet to install discord on my computer, been working a bit more this week but yea i am interested as a, it would make networking the info easier and b) it would make it easier to find modded players to play online with as this game gets kinda tedious at times just solo running everything and that is what i miss most about playing on ps4, being able to play coop!

TemptingIcarus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TemptingIcarus »

[Link] Here you go. It has a 24 hour expiration on it.

Snake77
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Snake77 »

Hello even after reading the tutorial about the bowgun shell editing I still don't understand what I have to do So i'd like to know If someone can explain it to me in the easiest of ways or take a request all I want is the "Destruction Fusillade" to Have All ammo and rapid fire.