pathfinder kingmaker save edit

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
hheellppmm
Noobzor
Noobzor

pathfinder kingmaker save edit

Post by hheellppmm »

Hi i dont have the original game and i cant find the save file for editing stuff
and i dont know how to use the table that someone post it before
anyone can help me pls? thanks

WintermuteX
Cheater
Cheater

Re: pathfinder kingmaker save edit

Post by WintermuteX »

Nobody knows where your cracked game might put the savedata especially if you didn't even mention which cracked version it is. Besides that the path for the original version is "%appdata%\..\locallow\owlcat games\Pathfinder Kingmaker\Saved Games\"

But as you opened a new thread about editing: did someone find the location of the character data of advisors like Lander or Jhod?

neuronek
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by neuronek »

This might be in app data for some users, in my case it's:
C:\Users\${YourUser}\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Kingmaker\Saved Games

Gel214th
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Gel214th »

A savegame editor is in process here : [Link]

The author needs help finding the Feat GUIDs and needs it in an excel format with Feat Name | GUID .

PapaPetro
Cheater
Cheater

Post by PapaPetro »

Gel214th wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:51 pm
A savegame editor is in process here : [Link]

The author needs help finding the Feat GUIDs and needs it in an excel format with Feat Name | GUID .
tseblade made a feat list in json over on the other thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7964&start=360#p62503

I converted tseblade json data into Excel .xlsx file. It covers pretty much 90% of the feats and has the IDs matching to the feat names.
Attachments
Feat List (from tseblade's json).zip
(40.75 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

hheellppmm
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by hheellppmm »

i cant find it but already make it work the cheat table but today i start again with another game and cant make it work again i have so many tables and none let me change atrinutes, gold and skills... :x

neuronek
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by neuronek »

Reposting my comment from the table thread:
tseblade wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:20 pm
Hey guys,

Another update to the previous feat list JSON file for save editing.
- Added the paths for feats, abilities and activatable abilities in the save file.
- Added more Fighter and Rogue specific level up feats
- Started adding the abilities for feats that comes with it like Power Attack

Besides a few spell and unarmed related feats almost all general feats are in now.
Hey, do You happen by any chance to have the jsons for the following activatable abilities:
two weapon fighting
deadly aim
rapid shot
shield bash

I was learning how to do this yesterday and these were the only ones I couldn't find.

Thank You very, very much for a very comprehensive list!!!!

Edit, found the activatable ability for deadly aim, but for the love of me I can't seem to be able to correctly add two-weapon fighting.

Deadly aim activatable ability
Rapid shot activatable ability
Shield Bash activatable ability

Edit 2018-10-10 USe feat lists at the bottom of the thread.
Last edited by neuronek on Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wyzegy
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Wyzegy »

So how did you figure out where to put those to give yourself feats?

tseblade
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by tseblade »

Hey Neuronek,

I havent gotten the code yet but it seems every character has a two weapon fighting ability or smthing else even without the first two weapon fighting feat since even the first two weapon fighting feat has another $ref.

I'm guessing this is the code that has the -8/-10 to attack you get without the two weapon feat and the new feats just add to it.

Create a new char, get two weapon fighting then on the save file look up the $ref in the two weapon fighting feat and you should find the already existing ability.

neuronek
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by neuronek »

Wyzegy wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:03 am
So how did you figure out where to put those to give yourself feats?
Hmm there's a list of feats posted by tseblade, there's this JSTool plugin for Notepad++... so I spent some fun time editing to see which feats I could get to work on my paladin and which ones would refuse. Tseblade was kind enough to also include Json paths to the data structures contained within Your save file in party.json. It's a big file tho.

tseblade wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:10 am
Hey Neuronek,

I havent gotten the code yet but it seems every character has a two weapon fighting ability or smthing else even without the first two weapon fighting feat since even the first two weapon fighting feat has another $ref.

I'm guessing this is the code that has the -8/-10 to attack you get without the two weapon feat and the new feats just add to it.

Create a new char, get two weapon fighting then on the save file look up the $ref in the two weapon fighting feat and you should find the already existing ability.
Every character has a two weapon fighting ability - Check, You're absolutely right!
However, I now see what I did wrong, when You select two weapon fighting the rank of Your base ability gets increased to level 2.

And as You can see my offhand and mainhand have only -2 penalties instead of the crazy ones You start off with :)
[Link]

Edit 2018-10-08 -> All the jsons I found can be found on the second page.
Last edited by neuronek on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

tseblade
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by tseblade »

neuronek wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:43 am
And as You can see my offhand and mainhand have only -2 penalties instead of the crazy ones You start off with :)
[Link]
Nice, it might be a while till i update class specific feats and the few missing ones. As doing that took a lot of time i didnt play much so now im playing more. :)

Next time i update, i'll post it here also.

PS. On that Save Editor some1 else made, is there a add/remove feats section? There is no description or instruction page.

neuronek
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by neuronek »

tseblade wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:22 am
PS. On that Save Editor some1 else made, is there a add/remove feats section? There is no description or instruction page.
Nope, though a couple of people are working on it.
Looking at the way characters are nested within saves it clearly seems tricky but doable, You'd always need to check that You're modifying the right character tho.

Primary editor project:
[Link]

There's a fork:
[Link]

Spacehamster created a few very neat looking branches:
[Link]
Before we do Create, Update and Delete we need the Read method so it's a step forward. I'm guessing this work is based on Your hard work tseblade.

I might poke around and try to write a simple groovy script to increment these $id's because they are a major pain in the butt to modify manually, btw here's my crappy bash pipe (I'm using Git Bash on windows) to find the highest id in party.json :

Code: Select all

grep -P '\"\$id.*' party.json | grep -oP '\d+' | sort -n | tail -n 5
Edit 2018-10-08 -> All the jsons I found can be found on the second page.
Last edited by neuronek on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:08 am, edited 5 times in total.

Wyzegy
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Wyzegy »

So if I wanted to copy those feats and chuck them onto my character, I'd have to: open up the party json, search for "features" to find the list of feats for my character, and then change the id numbers after pasting it in? Is that right?

neuronek
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by neuronek »

Wyzegy wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:07 am
So if I wanted to copy those feats and chuck them onto my character, I'd have to: open up the party json, search for "features" to find the list of feats for my character, and then change the id numbers after pasting it in? Is that right?
For some feats yes, if You read tseblade's attachment with feats You'll find out that:
a) There are standalone feats
b) There are feats that require other feats to work (like for example armor focus,
c) There are feats that modify the rank of other feats that Your character starts out with (like two-weapon fighting... took a while to figure out that rank was "incrementing"
d) There are feats that require a activatable ability (toggle) to be added for You to be able to turn them on
e) There are feats that require a ability (I guess limited/unlimited uses) to be added for You to be able to turn them on.

You need to make sure that You never end up with the file that has the same $id int values anywhere.

When I edit party.json I format it using JSTool via Notepad++, find the highest $id and start with $id + 1 :)

tseblade
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by tseblade »

Hey Neuronek,

I've been thinking of how a save editor with feats would work and the basic idea i had was this, if some1 needs it.

Main idea is to use the JSON data structure paths.

1. Select save file
2. Open the party.json
3. Select party member (for now it could just be the mc, since he is always the first object in the array: ROOT.m_EntityData[0] )
4. Get the current list of feats from the feat array: ROOT.m_EntityData[0].Descriptor.Progression.Features.m_Facts[]
5. Get the last $id from the file to a variable
6. Select feats to add to user (start with feats which are standalone and dont come with abilities or other references .ie Power Attack)(also remove from list already existing blueprint Ids)
7. Add feat code to the previous array as the last element
8. Change any $id in the new feat to +1 from the previous selection

The problem comes when you need to remove feats though as you have to change all $ids after that feat in the whole file

PS. Do you have an updated file with your finds? If so can you upload it