Bumping old thread versus starting a new one

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
TheBigDawg
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Bumping old thread versus starting a new one

Post by TheBigDawg »

There's a thread for a game I want a table for. The person who made the table made it for a different version, promised to make one for the version I need, but hasn't been online since February.

When is it acceptable to make a new thread about it versus just bumping the old one?

zachillios
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Bumping old thread versus starting a new one

Post by zachillios »

By different version, do you mean a pirated copy vs. the actual game? Or a table made for an earlier patch? If it's the former, I'd make a new thread. If it's the latter, then just post in the original thread. Only time game versions really play a part on here (as far as I've seen) has been with legit copies and pirated copies.

TheBigDawg
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TheBigDawg »

It's even simpler: The table is for the 32-bit version of the game, but Steam uses the 64-bit version and I can't make it launch the 32-bit one instead (because, you know, achievements and tracking game time and all that). Guy said he'd make one for the 64-bit one and vanished.

zachillios
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by zachillios »

TheBigDawg wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:01 am
It's even simpler: The table is for the 32-bit version of the game, but Steam uses the 64-bit version and I can't make it launch the 32-bit one instead (because, you know, achievements and tracking game time and all that). Guy said he'd make one for the 64-bit one and vanished.
Then I would make a new thread.