Advice to Starting in scripting?

Want Cheat Engine to do something specific and no idea how to do that, ask here. (From simple scripts to full trainers and extensions)
Romans96
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Advice to Starting in scripting?

Post by Romans96 »

Hello! I like so much programming and i know from a several time CheatEngine.
But i'm so curious, how can i script some of the tables that are in this forum? How can i read the memory from where i start to script that thing (for exemple the inf health, that it's not a displayble number?

Thank you

JohnFK
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Advice to Starting in scripting?

Post by JohnFK »

You may start with learning the assembly language (dont worry, basics only). Once you know the basics all scripts will become much more clear and you will be able to write some basic scripts yourself too.

[Link]

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

Romans96 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:41 pm
But i'm so curious, how can i script some of the tables that are in this forum? How can i read the memory from where i start to script that thing (for exemple the inf health, that it's not a displayble number?

Thank you
Google will be your best friend, for learning this stuff.

But you can check the CE Wiki.
[Link]

Or here at the forum.
Generic Tutorials

Finding Values - Integers
Finding Values - Floats

Auto Assembler Basics
Auto Assembler Templates

Code Injection - Basic
Code Injection - Full

But keep in mind none of this above is Lua.
CE Lua Basics

Romans96
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Romans96 »

ShyTwig16 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:22 pm
Romans96 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:41 pm

Thank you
Google will be your best friend, for learning this stuff.

But you can check the CE Wiki.
[Link]

Or here at the forum.
Generic Tutorials

Finding Values - Integers
Finding Values - Floats

Auto Assembler Basics
Auto Assembler Templates

Code Injection - Basic
Code Injection - Full

But keep in mind none of this above is Lua.
CE Lua Basics
Oh yes i searched, and maybe i see now that i make the post in the wrong category. I'm searching (and want to learn) for the Tables Learning, like the tables are in this forum, for game, so i think it is the Code Injection.

I tried it now with tutorials here, on the wiki, and from video, but some script that are here are completely different. I tried also one for a game but it crashes also if it is similar to the tutorials example

Thank you

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

Romans96 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:24 pm
Oh yes i searched, and maybe i see now that i make the post in the wrong category. I'm searching (and want to learn) for the Tables Learning, like the tables are in this forum, for game, so i think it is the Code Injection.

I tried it now with tutorials here, on the wiki, and from video, but some script that are here are completely different. I tried also one for a game but it crashes also if it is similar to the tutorials example

Thank you
For the most part you'll want to learn assembly (ASM) and see the processor's documentation, but CE also adds some useful stuff.
Intel manual:
[Link]
[Link]

ASM:
[Link]
[Link]

CE Auto Assembler:
[Link]

And for anything you can't figure out, you can post the script (inside code blocks, i.e.: [code][/code]) in the General Gamehacking section (or were the table is posted) asking any questions about what's going on in the script.